So, Bills won't buy remaining seats at 66% off

Beerball

This doesn't affect the 'outoftowners' like me, but what do you locals think?

How does Brandon's statement strike you?

It's not something that we're interested in participating in, because it devalues our product.

Isn't this the real reason?

Also, some owners just don't like the idea of artificial sellouts, which give fans the impression that non-sold-out games still will be televised.

link

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its even more pathetic that western ny as a whole with a population of roughly 2.5 million complains that the bills wont buy the remaining tickets...i want to watch the bills, so ill be at the game. I just find it hard to believe that our "fan base" had such a pessimistic view even at 5-2 that no one bought tickets to these games earlier in the year

anyone see the Cincinnati game at all? It was about 70% full. COntending team vs an inner-state rival.

NFL isnt quite as plush as they make everyone believe.

With high def tvs, red zone channel and the comfort of your own home there are too many reasons to not go to the game.

This one falls on the chin of Buffalonians and Buffaloians alone.

For the rest of the civilized world, a road trip weekend immediately following Thanksgiving is a tall order for a team that's now below .500, on a four game losing skid and on the outside looking in.

And that's not even accounting for the weather and, as someone already mentioned, the viewing experience you get at home or even in a bar.

Edited by The Big Cat

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect! :oops:

What's that Fredo? Actually I think he's more like Mr. Smithers from the Simpsons.

This one falls on the chin of Buffalonians and Buffaloians alone.

For the rest of the civilized world, a road trip weekend immediately following Thanksgiving is a tall order for a team that's now below .500, on a four game losing skid and on the outside looking in.

And that's not even accounting for the weather and, as someone already mentioned, the viewing experience you get at home or even in a bar.

So it's Buffalo fans' fault that they don't go, but then you list the reasons why they're probably not going? What's that supposed to mean?

But I'll be there regardless.

I think its even more pathetic that western ny as a whole with a population of roughly 2.5 million complains that the bills wont buy the remaining tickets...i want to watch the bills, so ill be at the game. I just find it hard to believe that our "fan base" had such a pessimistic view even at 5-2 that no one bought tickets to these games earlier in the year

Oh but if this game was to be played in Toronto the hue and cry would be deafening. How can rhey take away games from such loyal fans? :blink:

PTR

I don't understand the "So, the Bills won't buy..." title. The Bills aren't obligated to buy unsold tickets just so locals can sit home and watch the game for free on TV. As most know, the blackout rule is there just so that people don't avoid going to the game because they could otherwise watch it for free on TV.

I don't understand the "So, the Bills won't buy..." title. The Bills aren't obligated to buy unsold tickets just so locals can sit home and watch the game for free on TV. As most know, the blackout rule is there just so that people don't avoid going to the game because they could otherwise watch it for free on TV.

What part of it confuses you? What part makes you think that the team is obligated in any fashion to purchase tickets?

What's that Fredo? Actually I think he's more like Mr. Smithers from the Simpsons.

So it's Buffalo fans' fault that they don't go, but then you list the reasons why they're probably not going? What's that supposed to mean?

But I'll be there regardless.

Don't get me wrong, it's a tough sell for the locals, too.

There are always a hundred things to do around the holidays. At this point in the season(lost 4 in a row, still can't play defense, offense is up and down), I will watch them if they are on TV, and if not, I will find something to keep me busy, other than sitting in the living room glued to my radio. :thumbdown:

How exactly does a team "buy" tickets from themselves?

Revenue from tickets gets split with the visiting team. So, the Bills can "buy" meaning pay the 34% of ticket revenue that goes to the visitor, and then distrbute the tickets how they see fit. Also, a local business, tv station etc can buy the tickets at that same 66% discount.

What does history teach us...umm, that the Bills tendency to self-destruct makes it prudent to not look to far ahead.