So, Bills won't buy remaining seats at 66% off

Beerball

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the bottom line is this: No one is forcing any local in the blackout area to buy a ticket to these games. The Buffalo Bills and Ralph Wilson aren't telling any of you complainers how to spend your money. Yet some of you feel obliged to tell the team how to spend theirs - they should buy out the unsold tickets so you can watch the game in comfort, but they're cheap so they won't and let's complain about something else.

Never mind the only reason some of you want the ticket buyout is because you're cheap (won't buy a ticket yourself, even at a discounted price from a ticket broker), or lazy (don't want to make the trip to the stadium), or afraid the weather might be less than comfortable for you.

I don't think anybody is trying to tell Ralph to buy the remaining tickets. I don't think anyone expects him to layout a couple hundred grand so the game is on tv.

I don't know if your last comment was directed towards me but I have sat thru more meaningless games in December then I care to remember. It was part of the reason why I dropped my seasons after 12 years this year. I decided to buy on a game by game basis & told myself before the season I will keep buying them until they start losing. I bought the 1st 3 games, had a great time. Did not buy for the jets because I was out of town that weekend. If they somehow beat the titans & the chargers & still are alive for the playoffs I will probably go to the Miami game. With the NFL Ticket, I could really care less if the game is on TV. I will just put Murph & Kelso on the surround sound & will just watch another game this week on Tv.

Edited by Gordio

I guess the bottom line is this: No one is forcing any local in the blackout area to buy a ticket to these games. The Buffalo Bills and Ralph Wilson aren't telling any of you complainers how to spend your money. Yet some of you feel obliged to tell the team how to spend theirs - they should buy out the unsold tickets so you can watch the game in comfort, but they're cheap so they won't and let's complain about something else.

Never mind the only reason some of you want the ticket buyout is because you're cheap (won't buy a ticket yourself, even at a discounted price from a ticket broker), or lazy (don't want to make the trip to the stadium), or afraid the weather might be less than comfortable for you.

I'm not that particular. I don't care who buys the tickets as long as I can watch the game in comfort ;)

And even if it is not on locally, my laptop has an HDMI out and the internet feeds are watchable for that length of time.

Edited by CodeMonkey

It is not the obligation of the Bills to buy that amount of tickets. I think when it gets to around 5k tickets the local CBS affiliate would be wise to buy them for the ad revenue alone as it is the most watched channel in the area as opposed to playing some stupid infomercial.

WGRZ ran a story last night how during the 90s (yes we were great in the 90s) only 55% of the Dec games sold out and only 60% from 2000-2010. And people B word about a Dec game going to Toronto. I think if they decide to let the Toronto series continue the Bills should do it only with the stipulation of giving them a Dec game and the fans should stop whining.

That being said the fans in Buffalo in general are great despite not being on TV they will have more fans at the game than Miami will have at their game. The Bills Miami game in Miami looked about 1/3 full yet it was a "sell out" The national media will not mention the actual number of fans at games only that they are being blacked out!

Great... now all the WNY'ers will be using my super secret cheater cable (internet) and get the game shut off... just lovely

nice of the bills not to throw the fans a bone and pick up the tix at 34 cents on the dollar. i dont care what their rationale is, the mgmt sucks..

if only more Canadians would buy our sh1ttie product...

nice of the bills not to throw the fans a bone and pick up the tix at 34 cents on the dollar. i dont care what their rationale is, the mgmt sucks..

Sorry Dwight, have to disagree here. Why spend the money so people can sit home and watch on TV?

FWIW, the Miami Dolphins and the local network affiliate have bought up the remaining tickets to this weekends game… and it's been a pretty common occurrence:

"For the fourth time in five home games this season, the team and one of its business partners opted to buy up the remaining tickets in order to avoid the blackout of the CBS telecast. This time, CBS-4 in Miami chipped in to make sure the game will be televised in Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties and the Treasure Coast."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/dolphins/miami-dolphins-again-avoid-local-tv-blackout-by-1976832.html

having the product exposed to your market would only increase the visibility and merchandising capacity, in my opinion.

who in buffalo has not heard of the Bills ?...this market is 100% saturated.

who in buffalo will buy a ticket tommorrow, knowing it will be on TV ?.....very few.

who in buffalo will buy a ticket tommorrow, knowing it will NOT be on TV....that will be decided in the next few days, but it will be more than if it was on tv.

12,000 seats left at say $60 each = $720,000.00

i have four seats and i will be there.....just remember, the ONLY thing keeping this team in Buffalo in the future is SELLOUTS. you want to justify why your not going, thats fine, your right, fior whatever reasons.....but remember, with SELLOUTS, they don't leave.....without sellouts, is the only excuse a new owner can use to relocate.

This will now be the 12th season in a row without going to the playoffs and it's only week 12! It's quite simple, if the Bills put a playoff team out on the field or at least acted like they are trying, the fans would show up to these games. :sick:

PTR thinks Bills fans are entitled! The Promotional Robot at his best (worst). :censored: