Sione Pouha: Bringing Idiocy to a New Level

CSBill

Really Sione? You can't be serious?

Jets’ Pouha says Bills WR insensitive to Sept. 11

By the way, when you slammed CJ Spiller to the ground with that un-called personal foul, it was an insult to African-Amercans everywhere! An unfortunate reminder of all the injustices of the pre-civil rights days.

Edited by CSBill

Really Sione? You can't be serious?

Jets’ Pouha says Bills WR insensitive to Sept. 11

By the way, when you slammed CJ Spiller to the ground with that un-called personal foul, it was an insult to African-Amercans everywhere! An unfortunate reminder of all the injustices of the pre-civil rights days.

This is a bit of a stretch... The is called the "jets" and that has little to do with 9/11.

I'm as sensitive to 9/11 as anyone outside of those who were actually there, and even I would have no problem calling this guy a fugtard to his face.

You all are clearly a bunch of hippies who don't support the troops. 9/11 changed everything. Are you trying to say 9/11 didn't change everything?

Maybe visions of airplanes don't affect YOU on a personal level, but my cousin's roommate's ex girlfriend was watching tv when the towers went down.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

You all are clearly a bunch of hippies who don't support the troops. 9/11 changed everything. Are you trying to say 9/11 didn't change everything?

Maybe visions of airplanes don't affect YOU on a personal level, but my cousin's roommate's ex girlfriend was watching tv when the towers went down.

im lolin

Maybe we can call it a hate crime and get the FBI involved.

The media focuses on overanalyzing a story to keep said story going and going and going. Along with that, people are willing to say anything to make the spotlight or have the same question asked so many different times and ways, they eventually say something ridiculous that gives the media more fuel.

I don't like what Stevie did as far as the Plaxico thing, that was not cool.. But the jet crashing and burning..? That was pretty original and funny... I've seen a lot of celebrations and mocking that were as bad or worse and nothing was said by the media.. But then, in my opinion, there is a particular part of the sports media that holds a bias against the Buffalo Bills and jumps at the chance to smear them. The Stevie Johnson celebration, particularly the "Sept. 11 insensitivity", has been blown way out of proportion....

Some of you know I lost my brother in the world trade center on 9/11. A family member of a victim that thinks about the fateful day every day. The thought of it never crossed my mind during or after Stevie's celebration...

He was mocking the football team, not mocking a real plane crash...

Blame Stevie for getting called for a penalty that hurt the team or for dropping the pass but to say he's insensitive to 9/11 is a bit much...

Some of you know I lost my brother in the world trade center on 9/11. A family member of a victim that thinks about the fateful day every day. The thought of it never crossed my mind during or after Stevie's celebration...

Blame Stevie for getting called for a penalty that hurt the team or for dropping the pass but to say he's insensitive to 9/11 is a bit much...

I see you joined the board less than a week before 9/11.

Really sorry for the loss of your brother.

It was pretty emotional being at Ground Zero a few weeks ago and seeing the Freedom Tower reaching up to the heavens.

Best to you these holidays.

He slammed Spiller to the ground right in front of the ref. Spiller looked at the ref and it was obvious that he was looking for a flag. The ref just shook his head. I thought slamming a guy into the ground after after the whistle blew was a personal foul. Somebody from the Bills got flagged for slamming Danny Woodhead that way.

I find the mocking of Plaxico quit funny.

Not only Plax land a Federal firearms convicton but showed he has no understanding of some basic firearm safety rules. Tucking a loaded pistol (with a round in the chamber) into the waisteband of a pair of sweatpants is ridiculous!

I'm a professional military firearms instructor and have concealed carry permits for three states which allow me to carry in nearly 35 states nationwide. Carrying a firearm is a resposibility and 'in the least' require one to adjust their dress habits to compliment and facilitate carrying a loaded weapon. Not consuming alcohol is rule number one. Using a functional and concealable holster is a close second.

Glad Plax didn't have to use his weapon in self defense the night of his accident or he'd probably be facing manslaughter charges for killing half a dozen innocent bystandards in the act. He deserved the insult.

Edited by BillsFanInLV

Steve,

Your brother was in my thoughts when I visited the memorial recently.

And Pouha is a piece of trash in trying to link Stevie to 9/11. If he's so sensitive, he should lobby the team to change its name, as obviously every time they take the field the airplane image tarnished the memory of the deceased.

Looks like some of the journalists are even piling on Pouha now...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Jets-player-thinks-Steve-Johnson-8217-s-plane-c?urn=nfl-wp12806

"Bro, you grew up in Salt Lake City. On 9/11 you were a college freshman at Utah, fresh off your two-year Mormon mission. You've played for the Jets since 2005 and that certainly makes you a New Yorker (or is that a New Jerseyite?) but, come on, let's not act like you're "from New York." And the Jets stand for pride? You mean the team whose coach tells fans "[expletive] you"?

If anything is insensitive, it's Santonio Holmes and Plaxico Burress spreading their arms and flying around like airplanes after scoring a touchdown. Under Pouha's misguided logic, wouldn't that be some sort of insult to the memories of those who lost their lives on the most horrible day in our country's history?

Steve Johnson was mocking the New York Jets, nothing more. Shooting himself in the leg to rip on Plaxico was hilarious. (Roger Goodell won't think so, but I enjoyed it.) The plane thing was pretty good too, right up until he got a penalty for falling to the turf, and had no deeper meaning about the history of terrorism in New York.

Sometimes an end-zone celebration is just an end-zone celebration."

I love how Pouha says that being from New York that they have integrity and respect, etc. He is a player on one of the most undisciplined NFL teams there is. Bart Scott, LT, Revis, are few billigerent players I can think of. The Jets are team of class and respect for the game! Remember the sideline BS on the punts? Yea the Yets are above the dirty play and celebration of Stevie Johnson.

I find the mocking of Plaxico quit funny.

Not only Plax land a Federal firearms convicton but showed he has no understanding of some basic firearm safety rules. Tucking a loaded pistol (with a round in the chamber) into the waisteband of a pair of sweatpants is ridiculous!

I'm a professional military firearms instructor and have concealed carry permits for three states which allow me to carry in nearly 35 states nationwide. Carrying a firearm is a resposibility and 'in the least' require one to adjust their dress habits to compliment and facilitate carrying a loaded weapon. Not consuming alcohol is rule number one. Using a functional and concealable holster is a close second.

Glad Plax didn't have to use his weapon in self defense the night of his accident or he'd probably be facing manslaughter charges for killing half a dozen innocent bystandards in the act. He deserved the insult.

Maybe in the Military, but not when your Gangsta' going to the clubs.......

Wouldn't his crash be more offensive to the people on the third plane that went down in the field since he didn't crash into anything? If he "flew" into one of the linemen and both fell over i could understand it being him mocking the twin towers.....

Hilarious comment from this story on Profootballtalk.com....

"This is actually one of the smartest things that I’ve heard a member of the Jets say in a long time. That being said, it is still one of the dumbest things that I’ve ever heard in my life."

Awesome!

ooh, that is rich!

Let's find out what country Pouha, or Poo Bear, or whatever his f'ing name is, is from, and nuke the crap out of it.

How is that for sensitivity?

Can we move all the people who take the sensitivity thing way over the edge. Maybe this world just needs to grow a pair.

Let's find out what country Pouha, or Poo Bear, or whatever his f'ing name is, is from, and nuke the crap out of it.

How is that for sensitivity?

He's from the US, Utah to be exact, from what I've found online. He's also Mormon.

http://www.cityweekly.net/utah/article-14197-nfls-sione-pouha.html

I love this place. I’m from here; I was born and raised here...... I always like to call myself a son of Salt Lake. People ask, “Where are you from?” Salt Lake. “Salt Lake? Where are you really from?” I was born and raised in Salt Lake. I come from the South Pacific, from Tongan descent, but I’m a Salt Lake boy.