Just what the Jets needed...

ETD66SS

Some of you are ridiculous. We played good football today against one of the best pass defenses in the league. You act like it was an easy win for the Jets, when one dropped ball is the difference between us winning.

Is no one glad we competed? Our offense showed up and scored points. Yeah we lost but we played a damn fine game, which we haven't done in weeks. We were dead in the water but we showed we still have some life in us. If we can keep this up I'm confident we can win 3 more.

We were dead in the water but we showed we still have some life in us. If we can keep this up I'm confident we can win 3 more.

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha. Yeah, when I watch a team lose a close game to another team playing sub-par football, I think "Yeah, we are going to win games now, baby". Billiever b.s.

Some of you are ridiculous. We played good football today against one of the best pass defenses in the league. You act like it was an easy win for the Jets, when one dropped ball is the difference between us winning.

Is no one glad we competed? Our offense showed up and scored points. Yeah we lost but we played a damn fine game, which we haven't done in weeks. We were dead in the water but we showed we still have some life in us. If we can keep this up I'm confident we can win 3 more.

No. I'm not glad we "competed". I want victories. Yes, they played better today, and I'm happy for that, but winning is an art that this team hasn't, and may NEVER seem to master with any real consistency.

Oh...BTW. If you're going to celebrate like a retard early in a football game, you might want to make sure you hold on to the GAME WINNING TOUCHDOWN PASS, YOU MORON!

Lotta really good players at the top of the draft. We've had our fun for the year (September) and it's time to lose out for draft position. Maybe we can make the top 5.

Russell Brandon wants to talk to you about marketing a losing team with a promising future.

I have no problem losing out after today's loss. It's just so pathetic how some can take moral victory out of some of these losses. A 3rd stringer did not do the stupid TD dance that helped give 7 on the next drive. A 3rd stringer did not drop a sure fire TD to win the game. Our #1 receiver did these things and until there is an actual game breaker on this team, these "fun", close losses will happen every single year.

I swear, people built the Jets up to be some unbeatable team today and you know what they were - a 5-5 team that lost to the Denver Broncos last week. The Bills choked away what at least would have been one extra week of meaningful football and could not even do that. Lose out? Fine with me as long as they don't draft CJs replacement which would not shock me at all.

this has been a great season. they played very well today.

with the injuries they had, most of this board was expecting a 56-3 blowout.

looks like an 8-8 team to me.

unlike you, the players on the bills haven't given up. and even if they have, their contracts arent guaranteed, so they have to show up and give some effort next week.

after going 4-12 last year, its been great seeing the start these guys had to this year, and the way they came out and played today.

fitz looked great, cj did his job, and our d played well.

great game, against a tough division opponent on the road.

GOOD DAY TO BE A BILLS FAN!

unlike you, the players on the bills haven't given up. and even if they have, their contracts arent guaranteed, so they have to show up and give some effort next week.

after going 4-12 last year, its been great seeing the start these guys had to this year, and the way they came out and played today.

this has got to be russ brandon, right?

I will never understand this sentiment after another choke loss...

I will never understand this sentiment after another choke loss...

the nfl has changed.

your problem is that you hold todays bills up against the standards set by the team the last time they were good - in the early 90s.

the nfl of that time was completely different. free agency didnt exist yet, and to win, you didn't need to be "good enough" you needed to be extraordinary.

today, if you get into the playoffs, you can win the super bowl.

the packers were 10-6 last year.

i live out of market. i see the patriots week in and week out. they have never, i repeat, never been a dominant team when they won the super bowl.

they win ugly.

you're stuck in a mindset of "if the bills arent completely dominating their opponent week in and week out, they are bad, and therefor cant win the superbowl."

that was the reality of the league 20 years ago.

times have changed.

the bills are a few players and a healthy roster away from being an 11 win team, ergo, being a super bowl competitor.

call me crazy if you want, but i would say, right now, the buffalo bills have a realistic shot of winning the super bowl NEXT year.

Sorry, but I just can't share your optimism. This team doesn't even have a heartbeat, particularly on defense. All they needed to do was make one stop on that last Jets drive and they win the game. There are no moral victories in the NFL. They don't have enough heart to win these close games. They had them 3rd and long 3 different times on that last drive and couldn't make a single play to get the ball back and stop the winning score. I don't enjoy watching them lose games that they are good enough to win if they would just grow a heart.

I think Johnny Gold has been drinking a bit too much Jose Cuervo Gold. "Great Day to be a Bills Fan." Are you crazy? The team just insured no playoffs for the 12th straight year. They let a crap QB drive about 80 yards for a winning TD. The Bills will likely end up with 2 more wins than last year. Very little progress and with the brain dead brain trust in the front office drafting a bunch of losers, you really think they will win the SB next year? You are on some very potent meds buddy.

the nfl has changed.

your problem is that you hold todays bills up against the standards set by the team the last time they were good - in the early 90s.

the nfl of that time was completely different. free agency didnt exist yet, and to win, you didn't need to be "good enough" you needed to be extraordinary.

today, if you get into the playoffs, you can win the super bowl.

the packers were 10-6 last year.

i live out of market. i see the patriots week in and week out. they have never, i repeat, never been a dominant team when they won the super bowl.

they win ugly.

you're stuck in a mindset of "if the bills arent completely dominating their opponent week in and week out, they are bad, and therefor cant win the superbowl."

that was the reality of the league 20 years ago.

times have changed.

the bills are a few players and a healthy roster away from being an 11 win team, ergo, being a super bowl competitor.

call me crazy if you want, but i would say, right now, the buffalo bills have a realistic shot of winning the super bowl NEXT year.

And what happens when Stevie leaves, a couple injuries happen to the oline, they draft another RB at pick #10 and the Bills don't address any of the gaping holes in FA. They will hit December 2012 with another 4 meaningless games that time of year. Hey, At least they got close to December this year before the season was over - yippee!

Sorry, but I don't think 5-11 is going to get us a top 5 pick.

Agreed, and I would rather see character win us some more games. That being said, if I were Chan, I would throw more of the rookies in there and let them cut their teeth in regular season games; not the preseason garbage.

Until we lose one more game, its not over yet. Thats how I look at it. Yes, im being extremely optimistic. :rolleyes:

We are done; but we can still finish with a winning record. Since we haven't seen one of those since '04, we are overdue..

Agreed, and I would rather see character win us some more games. That being said, if I were Chan, I would throw more of the rookies in there and let them cut their teeth in regular season games; not the preseason garbage.

We are done; but we can still finish with a winning record. Since we haven't seen one of those since '04, we are overdue..

Does it really matter if we finish 9-7 or 5-11? No we missed the playoffs. The more losses we have, the better chance there is that we will see change and get a better draft pick. I just don't have confidence with the front office people. Whether we have #1 or #12, there's a good chance we'll botch the pick

Does it really matter if we finish 9-7 or 5-11? No we missed the playoffs. The more losses we have, the better chance there is that we will see change and get a better draft pick. I just don't have confidence with the front office people. Whether we have #1 or #12, there's a good chance we'll botch the pick

Every win counts more for the value to the 35 or so returning players on the 2012 team more than the improved draft position. There is no Andrew Luck in the difference between 5-11 and 10-6. But the crushing carry over of turning a 5-2 team into a 5-11 team would have a big time hangover. Right now we have to try to find a way to get to 6-6, then worry about the next game. But finishing a season on a 9 game losing streak is not a way to build a winner. AND there are always great players in the second half of the first round to go along with the Maybin/Whitner picks that show up in the top half.

We need to go 3-2 to not have a losing season, and that would be a nice step forward for this team and put us on track to make a more successful playoff run next year.

A team has to learn how to win regardless of whether or not it can still make the playoffs. You separate the guys who will help your team win from those who won't. I want guys who will kick, bite, and scratch their way to a win, and I want 53 of them on the roster.

Regarding the draft: There are other teams that have been picking at the bottom of each round for years, and they are in the playoffs year after year. Buffalo needs to acquire players with the talent and character to duplicate their success. I'd like to see 5 more wins this season, but I would settle for 3.

Go Bills!

I agree, what Stevie did was inexcusable. He needs to mature and realize the biggest statement he can make is winning the game.

Believe me, I want to win. This loss hurts because we very easily COULD have won. Let's be honest here though, looking at the pass three weeks, did anyone think we would make a game out of this?...playing a team who manhandled us the past three matchups on their home court. Almost everyone predicted another blowout but we held our own against a tough defense and scored points. The first loss to the Jets turned us into a laughing stock in their eyes...remember, "same old Bills". This time the Jets know they were lucky to squeak out the win, and we showed them we can compete with them. We showed we have a WR who can play the leagues best CB. With countless injuries and everything against us we actually showed up.

I'm NOT saying we should ever accept losing. I'm just saying that if we were going to lose this game, I'm glad we fought til the end and didn't have another Dallas/Miami fiasco. That would be just too horrible to bear. At least now I feel like we got back to playing better football like earlier in the year, and we will win a few more games if we keep it up.

Every win counts more for the value to the 35 or so returning players on the 2012 team more than the improved draft position. There is no Andrew Luck in the difference between 5-11 and 10-6. But the crushing carry over of turning a 5-2 team into a 5-11 team would have a big time hangover. Right now we have to try to find a way to get to 6-6, then worry about the next game. But finishing a season on a 9 game losing streak is not a way to build a winner. AND there are always great players in the second half of the first round to go along with the Maybin/Whitner picks that show up in the top half.

We need to go 3-2 to not have a losing season, and that would be a nice step forward for this team and put us on track to make a more successful playoff run next year.

It will be a losing record, as usual.

Maybe we can get another Mike Williams!!! And Bradford is sure tearing it up this year!!! Or all the busts teh Lions picked top 5.

Some of you have never played a sport in your life. You gain nothing by losing. The Bills have had a losing culture. The only way to change that is to starting winning. You can eff a high pick as easily as you can eff a late one. IMO, this team would benefit greatly from finishing 8-8 or better.

Lotta really good players at the top of the draft. We've had our fun for the year (September) and it's time to lose out for draft position. Maybe we can make the top 5.

I don't think that is going to happen. Probably end up a mediocre 8-8 type season. Just don't believe the players are going to lay down.

With their injuries, the Bills are bringing a knife to a gun fight. With the way this season has gone, I have no problem if they lose the rest of the games and get a better draft pick. They weren't/aren't making the playoffs (and neither are the Jets). What I don't want to see is what it looked like the previous 3 games, i.e. that they'd given up. So that was good to see yesterday.