DO NOT PAY STEVE JOHNSON!

26TrapDraw

I just explained that he is playing better than a bunch of # 1s against the best CB in football... And that was a game ago. I don't get what you are saying?

Congrats, on your sweet avatar!

+1

However, Stevie does play great against some of the best corners in the game...But, I say sign him to an extension based on his play in 2011!

So far in 2011, Stevie Johnson has not had a 100 yard game this season, plus he has only scored 4 TD's...

As of right now, Stevie has no leverage on getting the big bucks anymore, he did after the first 4, but after 9 games in 2011--Nope!

Unlike Fred Jackson, who will get close to top tier monies with his extension, IMO, Stevie should get a low second tier nod!

I would love for the Bills in 2012, to go out and get a qaulity WR1...but, odds might and/or could favor a WR in the draft!

Again, Stevie is a great WR and has played great against some of the better corners in the game...finding a decent threat--possibly a qaulity TE threat to go along with Chandler--could free up Stevie and will make him better!

EDIT: Anyways, here is to the future of this franchise...may we all drink lots of beer, eat excessive amounts of wings...and watch Buddy build this franchise to be greater, than we can imagine--Go Bills! :beer:

Edited by KollegeStudnet

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If FJ ran more, SJ would get more opportunities.

It's fairly simple. Right now, the defense is glued to the Wide Receiving corps because of the play calling. It's almost as if Gailey has to justify Fitzpatrick's extension by having this pass-happy offense play calling.

On a sidebar....interesting commentary coming from Jeremiah Trotter today on Philly sports talk radio. Said it's a "known fact" by players that the Philly front office can't be trusted when you're in a contract year. They will ensure you get less caries or less balls thrown your way to drive down your value.

Of course, Philly is on fire today, but Trotter was adamant about his statement.

Agree with the general sentiment. Stevie is a really good number two receiver in this league. If he demands No. 1 money, we should let him walk and draft his replacement.

You guys are insane!!! LET HIM WALK? He is going to get #1 money somewhere. If you plug him in with a solid #2 receiver hes money!!! with little help from other receivers this year he has proved himself. He's gotta work on the dropped balls, our offense needs some attention during the draft this year, give the guy a little more help and let him continue to develop!

DON'T PAY HIM I AGREE::::: he hasn't complained once about playing with a sore groin since week two....great team guy....and he is one his way to his 2nd consecutive 80 catch 1000 yard season in only his 3 year in the league OH! And he's only 25 and actually want to be in Buffalo!

Edited by EldaBillsFan

Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson, Marques Colston are some of the big tough WRs set to hit free agency - while DeSean Jackson,Wes Welker, Pierre Garcon might repersent some smaller faster WRs- the Bills have to do some serious self scouting to determine whether Stevie is a legit #1WR worth the big bucks or just the best the Bills have- IMO the Bills have been notorious for paying lessor lights the big bucks because they refuse to pay for stars - or to put another way Bruce Smith is expensive but having him lets you pay Phil Hanson less.

Edited by ....lybob

We lost 2 games in a row, its not the end of the world. You guys are a bunch of KNEE JERK REACTIONISTS. I know we are playing like garbage, but every team does during the year, we've played above our potential most of the year. I know its not been a fun few weeks, but seriously its not time to gut the talent we have on the team. DO YOU WANT DONALD JONES BEING OUR #1 NEXT YEAR?!?!?!?![/b] I didnt think so. God I cant stand TBD after a loss.

I think we can hold off on paying Stevie. If he continues to produce, then fine, pay him. If not, there have been plenty of guys in this league that looked good for a little while, then faded fast. Let's see if he is one of them before paying him big money.

Hear me out. Stevie Johnson wants to be extended and be paid like a number 1 receiver right? Well i think the prerequisite for making number 1 money is playing like that. I remember hearing Fitz say that he thought Stevie Johnson was one of the best receivers that he has ever seen getting off the line when the defense press covers. Yet in the last 2 games he has been jammed at the line almost all game. I got news for everyone on here and all the people that think we have arrived. Think again. Charlie casserly just did a piece on this. The bills are a timing based offense. We throw quick hitch routes and timing slants. That is how our offense operates. Take that away and this offense is sunk. We do not have the physical receivers to fight through being jammed at the line anywhere on this roster. Stevie Johnson wants 9 or 10 million dollars a year?!?! WTF!?!? The persona that this latest edition of Buffalo Bills is developing is that of a creampuff which is soft and susceptible to a physical team. I am through with the speed guys and the " high motor" guys. Until we get big tough strong physical receivers and overall players for that matter. This is what we will see from here on ot getting overmatched physically on offense and defense. Stevie wants number 1 money he should be a number 1 receiver period. In a contract year he is disappearing and playing mediocre football. Flame away

And look what happened to "Ouch" Williams and "Billy Joe Hobart" Fitzpatrick once we signed them.

We lost 2 games in a row, its not the end of the world. You guys are a bunch of KNEE JERK REACTIONISTS. I know we are playing like garbage, but every team does during the year, we've played above our potential most of the year. I know its not been a fun few weeks, but seriously its not time to gut the talent we have on the team. DO YOU WANT DONALD JONES BEING OUR #1 NEXT YEAR?!?!?!?![/b] I didnt think so. God I cant stand TBD after a loss.

How about two blow out losses?

Hear me out. Stevie Johnson wants to be extended and be paid like a number 1 receiver right? Well i think the prerequisite for making number 1 money is playing like that. I remember hearing Fitz say that he thought Stevie Johnson was one of the best receivers that he has ever seen getting off the line when the defense press covers. Yet in the last 2 games he has been jammed at the line almost all game. I got news for everyone on here and all the people that think we have arrived. Think again. Charlie casserly just did a piece on this. The bills are a timing based offense. We throw quick hitch routes and timing slants. That is how our offense operates. Take that away and this offense is sunk. We do not have the physical receivers to fight through being jammed at the line anywhere on this roster. Stevie Johnson wants 9 or 10 million dollars a year?!?! WTF!?!? The persona that this latest edition of Buffalo Bills is developing is that of a creampuff which is soft and susceptible to a physical team. I am through with the speed guys and the " high motor" guys. Until we get big tough strong physical receivers and overall players for that matter. This is what we will see from here on ot getting overmatched physically on offense and defense. Stevie wants number 1 money he should be a number 1 receiver period. In a contract year he is disappearing and playing mediocre football. Flame away

Revis and Newman aren't exactly slouches at the CB position, doesnt exactly have good help at the receiver position, doesn't have an all pro QB. FYI just because he wants to be paid like a #1 receiver doesn't mean he will agree to less, what is he suppose to do go around saying hey I want #2 money??? We have 4 good players on offense Fred Jackson, Eric Wood, Andy Levitre, and Stevie Johnson we need to keep them and add a big strong receiver to complement them.

84 yards against Revis. Most by any receiver in 3 years against Revis. Better than A. Johnson, L. Fitzgerald, B. Marshall, W. Welke, R. Moss.. He flat out beat the #1 CB in the league on a 52 yard strike. But yea he sucks, doesn't play like other #1's..... Oh wait.

Perhaps the Bills should pay him per such performances then, because otherwise he has a ways to go before he's better in any real way than Fitzgerald, Welker, Moss.......

You've also got to take into consideration that Stevie has been playing through a groin injury most of the season :wallbash: , take away :pirate: Roscoe & you lost quite a bit of speed there , then Jones goes down :oops: NO DEEP THREAT WHAT SO EVER & all the sudden opponents can double Nelson & or SJ :nana: so the offense is hurt al around .

Also our starting left tackle & back up are hurt :doh: Left guard is playing out of position :unsure: & to top it off now are starting center is out for the rest of the year :cry: so there is a lot more to these last 2 loses than meets the fans eye !!! :blink:

Steve Johnson isnt worth number one money until he proves he is. I am happy with him as #1 but teams are catching on to our schemes. Not all his fault. I do understand the flak Jones takes but we need the chemistry of Fitz and Stevie right now. Yes the Bills should retain him, but he needs to understand that he hasnt done anything but have good stats last year. The last couple weeks he has dealt with a nagging groin injury and the flu. Playing the top CBs of some great defenses doesnt help him out. But we need him.

84 yards against Revis. Most by any receiver in 3 years against Revis. Better than A. Johnson, L. Fitzgerald, B. Marshall, W. Welke, R. Moss.. He flat out beat the #1 CB in the league on a 52 yard strike. But yea he sucks, doesn't play like other #1's..... Oh wait.

32 whole yards minus 1 catch. Its tough to feel confident in an argument based on one play. I even like Stevie and think you grasping to this as iron clad proof is a bit much.

He's a good WR. Hes not great. He's the best we have. He has a good rapport with Fitzy and the city. I'd like to keep him but wouldnt be upset if we don't offer him over 10 mill per. Let's see how we do the next 4 games or so ( just like I said about fitz and got criticized for it).