DO NOT PAY STEVE JOHNSON!

26TrapDraw

Hear me out. Stevie Johnson wants to be extended and be paid like a number 1 receiver right? Well i think the prerequisite for making number 1 money is playing like that. I remember hearing Fitz say that he thought Stevie Johnson was one of the best receivers that he has ever seen getting off the line when the defense press covers. Yet in the last 2 games he has been jammed at the line almost all game. I got news for everyone on here and all the people that think we have arrived. Think again. Charlie casserly just did a piece on this. The bills are a timing based offense. We throw quick hitch routes and timing slants. That is how our offense operates. Take that away and this offense is sunk. We do not have the physical receivers to fight through being jammed at the line anywhere on this roster. Stevie Johnson wants 9 or 10 million dollars a year?!?! WTF!?!? The persona that this latest edition of Buffalo Bills is developing is that of a creampuff which is soft and susceptible to a physical team. I am through with the speed guys and the " high motor" guys. Until we get big tough strong physical receivers and overall players for that matter. This is what we will see from here on ot getting overmatched physically on offense and defense. Stevie wants number 1 money he should be a number 1 receiver period. In a contract year he is disappearing and playing mediocre football. Flame away

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We lost 2 games in a row, its not the end of the world. You guys are a bunch of KNEE JERK REACTIONISTS. I know we are playing like garbage, but every team does during the year, we've played above our potential most of the year. I know its not been a fun few weeks, but seriously its not time to gut the talent we have on the team. DO YOU WANT DONALD JONES BEING OUR #1 NEXT YEAR?!?!?!?![/b] I didnt think so. God I cant stand TBD after a loss.

Edited by AReed Deep For 7

We lost 2 games in a row, its not the end of the world. You guys are a bunch of KNEE JERK REACTIONISTS. I know we are playing like garbage, but every team does during the year, we've played above our potential most of the year. I know its not been a fun few weeks, but seriously its not time to gut the talent we have on the team. DO YOU WANT DONALD JONES BEING OUR #1 NEXT YEAR?!?!?!?![/b] I didnt think so. God I cant stand TBD after a loss.

ALL I'm saying is play like you deserve number 1 money! Donald jones?!? he is the absolute worst receiver on our team. I am not saying cut SJ but he doesn't deserve number 1 money with the way he is playing that is what I'm saying.

ALL I'm saying is play like you deserve number 1 money! Donald jones?!? he is the absolute worst receiver on our team. I am not saying cut SJ but he doesn't deserve number 1 money with the way he is playing that is what I'm saying.

84 yards against Revis. Most by any receiver in 3 years against Revis. Better than A. Johnson, L. Fitzgerald, B. Marshall, W. Welke, R. Moss.. He flat out beat the #1 CB in the league on a 52 yard strike. But yea he sucks, doesn't play like other #1's..... Oh wait.

84 yards against Revis. Most by any receiver in 3 years against Revis. Better than A. Johnson, L. Fitzgerald, B. Marshall, W. Welke, R. Moss.. He flat out beat the #1 CB in the league on a 52 yard strike. But yea he sucks, doesn't play like other #1's..... Oh wait.

Again play like a number 1 before you ask for number 1 money...who can say he is right now? what happened to stevie from the beginning of the season?...he hurt?

One of my concerns at the start of the season was, could Johnson show that he can be a #1 receiver.

Most of the season he has shown that he can handle the job, granted he's not the most exciting WR in the NFL, but he gets the job done. He gets numerous first downs and keeps drives going. He doesn't have a lot of TD's, but his productivity is good.

We do need more help at this position, as Donald Jones has been inconsistent and David Nelson is more of a #3 receiver.

The big question is how big of a contract do you give Johnson? That's tough to answer. He's a good receiver, but does he deserve Larry Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson money?

Again play like a number 1 before you ask for number 1 money...who can say he is right now? what happened to stevie from the beginning of the season?...he hurt?

I just explained that he is playing better than a bunch of # 1s against the best CB in football... And that was a game ago. I don't get what you are saying?

Like Fitzpatrick at QB, Stevie is not an elite talent at his position. He is an above average receiver and I would like him to stay but am hoping they can come to an agreement on something that is not ridiculous. Otherwise, I'd let him walk. He is not a home run receiver. He is not a difference maker like Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin or Andre Johnson or even like the younger guys like AJ Green.

Edited by Maddog69

um, garbage time?

I can't see paying Steve Johnson mega starting WR money. He's good but he ain't great or maybe even very good. He drops waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many footballs for my tastes. We could do just as well pulling someone off of FA. Probably even improve the position.

If we re sign him that's OK, as long as we get more help at WR. Draft next years AJ Green or Dez Bryant and sign a FA or two. If we're going to be a playoff caliber team, we need playoff caliber WRs.

Like Fitzpatrick at QB, Stevie is not an elite talent at his position. He is an above average receiver and I would like him to stay but am hoping they can come to an agreement on something that is not ridiculous. Otherwise, I'd let him walk. He is not a home run receiver. He is not a difference maker like Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin or Andre Johnson or even like the younger guys like AJ Green.

Exactly right!

It cracks me up when I read all these trolls ripping on the OP for making a valid point...I'm not saying The Bills should not retain Stevie because he is a good Player and the last thing The Bills need is to lose talent...But anyone who thinks Stevie Johnson is a legit NFL #1 WR is delusional...And thus he should not be paid like one...And I'll go out on a limb and say no other NFL Team is going to pay him like a legit #1 WR either...Not a single one...

The Bills still need a legit #1, and Stevie would be one of the best #2 WR's in the League...That's the way this Offense needs to be built...The Bills still need a #1 WR either through Free Agency, Trade, or the Draft... B-)

Hear me out. Stevie Johnson wants to be extended and be paid like a number 1 receiver right? Well i think the prerequisite for making number 1 money is playing like that. I remember hearing Fitz say that he thought Stevie Johnson was one of the best receivers that he has ever seen getting off the line when the defense press covers. Yet in the last 2 games he has been jammed at the line almost all game. I got news for everyone on here and all the people that think we have arrived. Think again. Charlie casserly just did a piece on this. The bills are a timing based offense. We throw quick hitch routes and timing slants. That is how our offense operates. Take that away and this offense is sunk. We do not have the physical receivers to fight through being jammed at the line anywhere on this roster. Stevie Johnson wants 9 or 10 million dollars a year?!?! WTF!?!? The persona that this latest edition of Buffalo Bills is developing is that of a creampuff which is soft and susceptible to a physical team. I am through with the speed guys and the " high motor" guys. Until we get big tough strong physical receivers and overall players for that matter. This is what we will see from here on ot getting overmatched physically on offense and defense. Stevie wants number 1 money he should be a number 1 receiver period. In a contract year he is disappearing and playing mediocre football. Flame away

Ralph you sneaky b*stard,, get off these boards..LOL...

THIS