***The OFFICIAL I've sinned against my fanhood thread ***

Scrappy

I've been reading many different opinions & after watching the first few games, I'll admit I was wrong. I was wrong about Chan, Nix & their decisions on how to improve our team. I felt that we needed much more work to start being competitive & after seeing the effort / heart the team has, the chemistry is working.

This team has a heartbeat bigger than most & talent that plays it's heart out, it shows on the scoreboard & in the stats. The efforts made by the players cannot go unrecognized & I hope that the powers that be step up & pay them accordingly, without the players having to voice themselves to the media.

This thread is designed to man up & call out past things you have said or thought that basically is like confession (Catholic thing). After doing this, think of the Whammie Weenie that we all are & hum the Bills shout song, then all things that you thought are purged & you can become a fan again.

GO BILLS!

Edited by Scrappy

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading many different opinions & after watching the first few games, I'll admit I was wrong. I was wrong about Chan, Nix & their decisions on how to improve our team. I felt that we needed much more work to start being competitive & after seeing the effort / heart the team has, the chemistry is working.

This team has a heartbeat bigger than most & talent that plays it's heart out, it shows on the scoreboard & in the stats. The efforts made by the players cannot go unrecognized & I hope that the powers that be step up & pay them accordingly, without the players having to voice themselves to the media.

This thread is designed to man up & call out past things you have said or thought that basically is like confession (Catholic thing). After doing this, think of the Whammie Weenie that we all are & hum the Bills shout song, then all things that you thought are purged & you can become a fan again.

GO BILLS!

sorry bro. after dick we got chan. i have not been complaining

plus i wanted spiller. and i got him last year

plus i wanted all 9 picks on the defensive side. i got 7

sorry bro. after dick we got chan. i have not been complaining

plus i wanted spiller. and i got him last year

plus i wanted all 9 picks on the defensive side. i got 7

Guess you didn't understand the thread title :nana:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

The line and WR are holding up better than expected. I figured we would be 1-1 today. Team has played better than expected. I think more than missing the boat on our guys - EVERYONE missed it on KC. We are talented, scrappy guys, but still have some question marks. I was saying 5-6 wins and now at 2-0 will say 7-8

If we stay healthy, catch a few breaks we will see if I amend it some more.

I am here to admit I believe I was wrong. My uncle lives in Buffalo, and he and I are both diehard Bills fans, and during the preseason, he predicted the Bills to go 9-7. I laughed at him and predicted if we were lucky, 4-12.

After watching our team the first 2 games, I have to admit, there is something very special about this team, and even though it's very early in the season, I do believe we will win more than 4 games....

This crow actually tastes pretty good!!! GO BILLS!!!!!!

It's funny--looking at the schedule pre-season, it seemed like a 4-7 win season. Now look at the schedule. I now look at the teams remaining, and seriously believe that this team could potentially win 10 PLUS games. Unreal how things turn in the NFL in a season.

In terms of my mea culpa, I was wrong about the o-line and TE positions. I wanted us to sign some FA o-line vets and get a legit TE; appears that we were better off with what we had.

I didn't think Fitz was this good at the start of last season. I was fine with Chan & Buddy.

PTR

YE OLE was extremely underwhelmed with the Gailey/Nix combo. In all fairness we were talking Buffalo Bill Cowher leading up to it, and Gailey's name wasn't even on the radar. Admittedly I didn't know much about Gailey, but I've been extremely impressed. Even last year, despite going 4-12, you could see the offense making huge strides.

I still remember the day I read the news that we signed a free agent QB named Ryan Fitzpatrick. I had 0 expectation that he would even be a good backup. Seeing him develop into what he's becoming, it's hard to believe he wasn't wanted elsewhere. He has that intangible "IT" factor written all over him, IMO.

Unreal how things turn in the NFL in a season.

It's also pretty unreal how things turn in the NFL within a season. I like where we're at now, but there's still a long way to go.

So if the Bills have a slump this season and end up losing games against teams they should beat because all young teams do that from time to time, are we gonna have a "Check in here to admit you were wrong about being wrong" thread? I have a hunch that some of the crow eaters will be back to say "I told you so" just as gleefully as ever.

It's a young season. It's a marathon. Fans should try to keep it on an even keel like we expect the players to. Don't get too high after a win, not too low after a loss. The Bills are a work in progress. Enjoy the journey, win or lose.

GO BILLS!!!

GO BILLS!

after two games?

Remember when Ralph Wilson gave Dick Jauron a contract extension after 6 games? Please start this thread again in week 16 if you are interested in a valid discussion.

I really never said anything bad about Gailey or Nix. I think they have been doing a good job. I was fine with not drafting a qb & was willing to give Fitz a chance this year. One intersting thing about fitz. This really is not a flash in the pan & just 2 games. I read somewhere if you take his last 16 games he has played with the Bills & use those stats, his stats compare favorably to Kelly's BEST YEAR. I think we have our QB. As far as the Spiller pick, I did not mind that either. I saw what he did at Clemson I just wish they would use him more. I though he was the best player coming out of the draft 2 years ago. We will see what happens. I expect to lose this week but if we could win at Cincy & then somehow beat the Eagles I think this team will be setup to make a serious playoff run.

One more thing. The Raiders are better then people think. They are going to be in the playoff picture too that is why beating them was so big even in week 2. I fully expect them to give the Jets all they could handle Sunday.

I came into this season, for the first time ever, with a "don't know, don't know that I even care" opinion of the Bills. I guess the lack of an off season, coupled with an extremely busy work schedule, coupled with a decade of fail from this team just left me as disinterested as I've ever been in football. I will say this... I didn't think we'd be the worst team in the league, as many prognosticators had us. But, I hadn't thought enough about it to think we'd be good either.

So, coming into the season opener, I watched just hoping to see a decent football team. I did! Going into the Raiders game, I watched with a little more optimism and hope. By half time, I reminded myself why I stopped really caring this summer. I even texted a good friend... same old Bills - who's in the draft. By the start of the 4th quarter, I was feeling like a Bills fan again. By the end of the game... I'm back! It's amazing but that one game has reminded me what being a football fan... and a Bills fan.. is all about. It was almost a microcosm of the last decade.

Going into this week, I once again believe. I'm hoping. I'm watching. I sit here on Thursday thinking that Sunday just can't get here soon enough. Win or lose, there's one thing I'll say... they're a far better team than I or most people had given them credit for just 3 weeks ago. By every measure, they seem to be moving in the right direction. That doesn't mean they'll win every game or that they'll even make the playoffs this year; but if they play like they have the last 2 weeks... well, they really can beat any team on any given Sunday including the Pats*. And, after the last decade, I'll take that and be quite happy!

Go Bills!