Buddy on Shredd and Ragan a few minutes ago

eball

"feel good about where we are"

"bigger, stronger, faster -- how many more wins that means we'll see"

Q about Bills being low on contracts -- "said 100 times, moves are made w/ info we have at the time to make the team better"

"never about money, never about where a player was drafted" "only way I'll keep my job is if we win games -- not staying around because 'Buddy saved us a few bucks'"

Q about ever being told by Ralph not to spend -- "don't know where stuff like that comes from" "it's the other way around" "i talk him out of [going after high dollar guys]" "that's happened more than once"

Lee Evans trade -- "we think in the long run it makes us better" "not a guy to run a lot of crossing routes"

Trying to be "ascending on every thing we do -- arrow always pointing up."

Donald Jones -- "very strong, can get off the line and beat the press, feel he makes us better now"

Hangartner cut -- "lacks strength to anchor at the point" "if we have a backup C, he also has to be able to backup at G"

Overdorf -- "does a great job at what he does" "handles the contracts, draws up the contracts" "i don't like to negotiate with agents and Overdorf is great at that" "he'll come to me and ask if we want to go higher, is this too much, etc."

"sometimes i'll talk to an agent but not much" "i'm too black and white, not a good negotiator"

Sam Young -- "i graded him out of college" "all of our guys were familiar with him" "huge man, very smart guy, brings an attitude we need" "nasty" "much better run blocker than pass blocker" "not a great foot athlete" "he'll help our running game and we'll play him at RT"

Tyson Clabo -- "i think it was more to jack things up with atlanta rather than he wanted to be here"

Final Roster -- "this year was tougher than last year"

Roosevelt -- "people are sometimes more interested in where he's from than how he plays" "we like naaman, but it came down to numbers"

OL -- "nobody will believe this, but we're much better in the OL, and better than people think we are" "depth is not good" "we're good in the middle" "only one backup T and he's a rookie, and that's tough" "[we hope] young will be backup at RT, hairston at LT"

Lee Smith -- "runs an attitude too; got a little nasty in him"

Jasper -- [re-told the scouting story] "genetic freak" "can't get him down to 350" "gonna take him a little time, but he'll be a good player" "probably a better offensive player" "you don't want him to show up too good in preseason"

Last season -- "got knocked around too much" "we were undersized" "got to be big enough to knock people around and i think we accomplished that"

Tried to type fast. Some very interesting comments.

Edited by eball

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Q about Bills being low on contracts -- "said 100 times, moves are made w/ info we have at the time to make the team better"

"never about money, never about where a player was drafted" "only way I'll keep my job is if we win games -- not staying around because 'Buddy saved us a few bucks'"

Q about ever being told by Ralph not to spend -- "don't know where stuff like that comes from" "it's the other way around" "i talk him out of [going after high dollar guys]" "that's happened more than once"

Lee Evans trade -- "we think in the long run it makes us better" "not a guy to run a lot of crossing routes"

Donald Jones -- "very strong, can get off the line and beat the press, feel he makes us better now"

Hangartner cut -- "lacks strength to anchor at the point" "if we have a backup C, he also has to be able to backup at G"

Overdorf -- "does a great job at what he does" "handles the contracts, draws up the contracts" "i don't like to negotiate with agents and Overdorf is great at that" "he'll come to me and ask if we want to go higher, is this too much, etc."

"sometimes i'll talk to an agent but not much" "i'm too black and white, not a good negotiator"

Sam Young -- "i graded him out of college" "all of our guys were familiar with him" "huge man, very smart guy, brings an attitude we need" "nasty" "much better run blocker than pass blocker" "not a great foot athlete" "he'll help our running game and we'll play him at RT"

Tyson Clabo -- "i think it was more to jack things up with atlanta rather than he wanted to be here"

Roosevelt -- "people are sometimes more interested in where he's from than how he plays" "we like naaman, but it came down to numbers"

OL -- "nobody will believe this, but we're much better in the OL, and better than people think we are" "depth is not good" "we're good in the middle" "only one backup T and he's a rookie, and that's tough" "[we hope] young will be backup at RT, hairston at LT"

Jasper -- [re-told the scouting story] "genetic freak" "can't get him down to 350" "gonna take him a little time, but he'll be a good player" "probably a better offensive player" "you don't want him to show up too good in preseason"

Last season -- "got knocked around too much" "we were undersized" "got to be big enough to knock people around and i think we accomplished that"

Much appreciated. Good stuff that makes sense.

Man I'm glad you posted and Buddy said what he said, I have felt all along that this Bills administration has had a better a much better handle on rebuilding this team than the media and fans are giving them credit for. Their moves have been methodical and productive, it seems that everyone is giving up right before the miracle is about to happen. If they stay healthy words will be eaten and it's going to be fun to watch everyone come around. I do get that us fans have been pushed around by poor Bills management with previous administrations but Nix/Gailey are football people. I haven't felt this good about the Bills since we had Wade as our coach. GO BILLS!!!

[/NGU/jw thread]

Buddys Cheap!

I will add on a serious note that I feel this offseason they are making a lot of good moves, where as last year I didnt think so. The draft, Trent Edwards, who they started where, etc.

Edited by Thoner7

I am fired up

Buddys Cheap!

I will add on a serious note that I feel this offseason they are making a lot of good moves, where as last year I didnt think so. The draft, Trent Edwards, who they started where, etc.

easy now you are going to hate yourself later go bills