How Good Is Aiken?

Can we really afford to cut Aiken and have him become a star on another team? Yes, we're loaded at WR, but this guy can play. I can't believe someone won't pick him up if we try to move him to the practice squad.

Thoughts.

He looked good last night. If he can catch a properly thrown ball as well as that garbage pass Thigpen threw last night he will be a player. Big and fast and apparently with good hands. That was a very athletic move to haul that ball in. Athleticism is there. Liked Hubbard too. Typical Badger. Fantastic measurables but raw as dead buffalo meat.

I like him too but I fear there's no room for him. Pretty much locked in are Stevie, Roscoe, Easley, Dave Nelson. I think Donald Jones stays as he served as a gunner on punt coverage all season in 2010. Plus Brad Smith who may be considered a QB. Even if they keep one more, Aiken has to beat out Roosevelt who I also like (seems to catch everything that comes his way). It's gonna be tough for Kamar to make it.

I like him too but I fear there's no room for him. Pretty much locked in are Stevie, Roscoe, Easley, Dave Nelson. I think Donald Jones stays as he served as a gunner on punt coverage all season in 2010. Plus Brad Smith who may be considered a QB. Even if they keep one more, Aiken has to beat out Roosevelt who I also like (seems to catch everything that comes his way). It's gonna be tough for Kamar to make it.

I know Gailey likes Roosevelt and for sure he is a fan favourite in Buff. But the Bills also like big receivers and IMO Aiken is the better athlete too.

I think you're right, and I agree with the OP. I think Aiken could become a very good WR, but don't see how we can keep him, barring injury. I just don't see us keeping 7 WRs or him getting the nod over the others. Maybe if Roosevelt is healthy and plays next week and Aiken has a much much better game, but I doubt it....

On a similar line of thought, I see no chance of Buster Davis making the final 53.

If I had to choose, I'd rather Aiken make it to our PS than Jasper.

Can we really afford to cut Aiken and have him become a star on another team? Yes, we're loaded at WR, but this guy can play. I can't believe someone won't pick him up if we try to move him to the practice squad.

Thoughts.

When was the last time the Bills cut anybody who did anything significant in the league? Parella? The only guys who left the Bills who did anything in recent years were unrestricted free agents who left on their own accord.

Every year someone is afraid of cutting the wrong guy, but on a team whose 53 man roster will have about 10 guys nobody else would want, there is no danger of the Bills ever cutting a guy who will become a star on another team.

Last year everyone wanted to keep joique bell and he turned out to be available a few times after he was waived. Aiken is just leaping off the screen a little too much to be cut. Teams have spent high second round picks in trying land big receivers with speed and soft hands.

I actually think Roscoe is odd man out.... Even though he looked good last year before the injury.... He is very small and was injured last year.. Isnt he hurt again? I like roscoe but I think the upside of Aiken and namaan puts him out

This. There's multiple reasons why Roscoe could be the odd man out.

1st and everyone favorite escuse is it's a cost cutting move. Roscoe is the highest paid WR on the team isn't he?

2nd, for being paid as much as he is, only to be injured every single season he's ever played doesn't look good for him.

3rd, he isn't one of Gailey or Nixs guys and we are obviously cleaning house on old items that are collecting dusts in the shelves.

4th, he is 170lbs soaken wet and under 6'0" and doesn't fit what Chan is trying to do on offense and with the rest if the team and that's build a big group of MEN, not high school sized boys that can run fast.

I think he's out for the money reason alone. If he could stay on the field I would think differently, but he can stay healthy. He went out last season and hasn't been able to get on the field all preseason. Gailey might be questioning if he will ever be able to do it consistantly. And the fact is that he's getting old too. Things will only get worse for his health.

This. There's multiple reasons why Roscoe could be the odd man out.

1st and everyone favorite escuse is it's a cost cutting move. Roscoe is the highest paid WR on the team isn't he?

2nd, for being paid as much as he is, only to be injured every single season he's ever played doesn't look good for him.

3rd, he isn't one of Gailey or Nixs guys and we are obviously cleaning house on old items that are collecting dusts in the shelves.

4th, he is 170lbs soaken wet and under 6'0" and doesn't fit what Chan is trying to do on offense and with the rest if the team and that's build a big group of MEN, not high school sized boys that can run fast.

I think he's out for the money reason alone. If he could stay on the field I would think differently, but he can stay healthy. He went out last season and hasn't been able to get on the field all preseason. Gailey might be questioning if he will ever be able to do it consistantly. And the fact is that he's getting old too. Things will only get worse for his health.

From what I've read before, Gailey loves the guy. Parrish was super productive before getting injured last year too. I think he's a lock.

Thoughts.

I definitely agree, boy I would really hate to see this guy go. He looks like he has A LOT of upside and we could use a physical receiver like him. He's a beast for sure!!

Thoughts.

I'm glad someone else pointed this out. I've been high on this guy since i went to staining camp. He just looks like the real deal, doesn't look that raw to me and i think he could make it big and i've been wanting to see him with the 1st team, see how well he does with Fitz throwing it to him.