Marcus Easley

LGB

I am looking for a lot of that this year given the way Gailey and Nix have shaped the team......

and I think Donald Jones is gonna get Wally Pipped by Easley.....we got the Lions up next lets see how it goes

I hope so... Jones is a nice feel-good story, but let's get real, he's not a starting WR in the NFL, and probably never will be. Easley probably won't be ready for prime time this year, but at least he has the size, strength, and speed to be a legit starter down the road. I hope he puts it together.

I am looking for a lot of that this year given the way Gailey and Nix have shaped the team......

and I think Donald Jones is gonna get Wally Pipped by Easley.....we got the Lions up next lets see how it goes

Would like to beat the team that beat the Pats!

I hope so... Jones is a nice feel-good story, but let's get real, he's not a starting WR in the NFL, and probably never will be. Easley probably won't be ready for prime time this year, but at least he has the size, strength, and speed to be a legit starter down the road. I hope he puts it together.

How do you arrive at this conclusion? Why isn't Jones a starting WR in the NFL? He has catches and has scored in games that actually count. BTW, he's 6' over two hundred pounds and ran a 4.46 at the combine. If you're going by physical "stats" which is seems you are, they aren't that different.

How do you arrive at this conclusion? Why isn't Jones a starting WR in the NFL? He has catches and has scored in games that actually count. BTW, he's 6' over two hundred pounds and ran a 4.46 at the combine. If you're going by physical "stats" which is seems you are, they aren't that different.

According to the Bills roster, Easley is 6'2" 225. Jones is 6'0" 208. That is significantly bigger. And side by side the difference seems even bigger, even though Jones has decent size. Easley is huge. Would you call a WR who is 5'10" 191 not that different from Jones? Because those are the same 2" and 17 pounds.

I arrived at that conclusion by watching Jones play. He's welcome to prove me wrong, but I doubt he will. And physically, they're not particularly close. If you dig up that WR picture from Camp Fitz during the lockout, you can see how much bigger Easley is.

actually jones looked very good on the road against the dolphins last year and he has been very consistant throughout all of camp so far this season. Don't get me wrong, i like both jones AND easley, but Big E has had more drops than catches this preseason so let's not annoint him the next eric moulds just yet....jones was given the #2 wr spot in camp by chan for a reason...i think he knows a bit more about wr talent than anyone on this board does.

bottom line, I love the youth and desire that all of our wr's are brining to the table this season.

go bills!

Edited by john

And he's a hell of a blocker too. I like Jones a lot.

According to the Bills roster, Easley is 6'2" 225. Jones is 6'0" 208. That is significantly bigger. And side by side the difference seems even bigger, even though Jones has decent size. Easley is huge. Would you call a WR who is 5'10" 191 not that different from Jones? Because those are the same 2" and 17 pounds.

I haven't seen enough of Easley to say how physical he plays, but I know Jones plays physical and can make tough catches.

Sometimes physicality means more than size. Kind of that "not the size of the dog, but the size of the fight in the dog" thing.

I sure hope they both are big contributors this year. Go Bills!

Hate to split hairs on this too but 4.39 for Easley vs 4.46 for Jones is a significant difference.

Hate to split hairs on this too but 4.39 for Easley vs 4.46 for Jones is a significant difference.

not to split hairs either, but it looks like Easley is listed as 6' 3".on at least one site.

Bottom line: maybe he is better than James Hardy who was once touted as the big red zone target the Bills were missing and also might potentially take some heat off of Johnson.

This is not to bag on Donald Jones who I actually like as a player.....

- Easley is a bit of a freak.....you dont find guys like run sub 4.4's that are the size of an H back......especially not where we drafted him....if ever there was a gem find....this is it

- There is a place for both of these guys on this team......there really is...its shaping up quite nicely as a matter of fact

This is not to bag on Donald Jones who I actually like as a player.....

- Easley is a bit of a freak.....you dont find guys like run sub 4.4's that are the size of an H back......especially not where we drafted him....if ever there was a gem find....this is it

- There is a place for both of these guys on this team......there really is...its shaping up quite nicely as a matter of fact

I can think of another guy that was drafted in the mid rounds that has Easley's size...his name is Terrell Owens(28th pick of the 3rd round)...he is 6' 3" and 225, an inch of so taller than Easley...if Easley could turn into half of what Owens turned into, minus the drama, that would really be a great pick...

Edited by matter2003

And he's a hell of a blocker too. I like Jones a lot.

I haven't seen enough of Easley to say how physical he plays, but I know Jones plays physical and can make tough catches.

Sometimes physicality means more than size. Kind of that "not the size of the dog, but the size of the fight in the dog" thing.

I sure hope they both are big contributors this year. Go Bills!

agreed...One of the most physical WR in the NFL, Hines Ward is less than 6'....and he can put out the Safety or LB (Rivers) on their backs.

Easley had a very good game and obviously a huge boost for his confidence. Lost in that play was it was such a great pass by Fitz to the 6'2" WR over the shorter CBs. Thing of beauty. Easley is huge.

Easly is big. David Nelson is huge.

Actually......David Nelson is taller but that is about it.....as far as body mass goes.....Easley is better biult and faster.....

We really are splitting hairs here.....there is reason why Chan felt comfortable enough to let Lee go...he wants to get all these guys on the field to give fits more crossing route targets......big targets that are fast and run good routes....Fitz throws with an expectation of where a receiver is going to be

I think Jones can play with the big boys, I like Easley in the lineup though... nice problem for the Bills to have. Guys get nicked up and it looks like we will have the depth to have others step in.

jones was given the #2 wr spot in camp by chan for a reason...i think he knows a bit more about wr talent than anyone on this board does.

I would argue that Jones was given the #2 spot by default, and Evans was traded with Easley's development in mind. Right now he seems like the guy who will make a bunch of plays, but aggrivate you with drops.

Nice to see him catching a high pass in the endzone.

Easley had a very good game and obviously a huge boost for his confidence. Lost in that play was it was such a great pass by Fitz to the 6'2" WR over the shorter CBs. Thing of beauty. Easley is huge.

Seriously, how long has it been since we've really seen a Bills QB and WR do this? Beautiful play.

I certainly hope they can carry this over into the season.

Easley looked good and Jones looks pretty good. Are they good enough to replace Evans? Bring on the regular season and we will find out. so fa I'm pretty impressed. I'm also getting more and more excited about Fitz. If we can manage to improve the offensive line I've got some hope for us doing pretty well this year.

Seriously, how long has it been since we've really seen a Bills QB and WR do this? Beautiful play.

I certainly hope they can carry this over into the season.

Also against the Jaguars. Maybe James Hardy's first game, or one of them. Maybe the first game of the season. Trent lofted a high pass in the corner of the endzone over the DB. Hardy jumped up and made the catch for the game winner. It worked so well that Jauron quickly pocketed it and never called it again.

I know it's preseason and all but I for one am excited about our WR group. I really don't think we'll miss Lee all that much because you can see the young talent on the roster starting to perform already.

Here's to hoping Easley can transition to a guy with great hands and instincts.. that's all that's keeping him from being a stud.