Do we really need Lee Evans?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO Kyle has to have another good year or two before we can really consider him an Aaron Schobel type player for us. Schobel was solid for a lot of years. Definitely not GREAT, but certainly good. This year should be interesting for KW on the line with some help. I cant wait to see that. I really hope we dont get rid of Lee. I still firmly believe he is our best WR. He wasn't targeted a whole lot last year, but that was Fitzpatricks first year in Chan's system, and QBs tend to go with one guy who they are comfortable with (ie. Stevie J). I think we will see a lot more from Lee this year, and compared to what we will get for him it would be ridiculous to trade him. He is one of the few guys with proven star potential on this team.

I can't understand why the Bills would consider trading Lee Evans. Consider the following:

1. His compensation for the next two years is not excessive compared to other wide receivers in the NFL with similar skills.

2. He is a great team guy and a good leader in the locker room.

3. He still has excellent speed (more speed than any other wide receiver on the roster).

4. We would not receive equivalent value in a trade (at best, probably a late round pick).

5. The Bills do not need to trade him for financial or cap reasons.

6. Our young receivers may have talent, but they are unproven. I seem to recall that Stevie's production dropped significantly after Evans got hurt late in the season. In addition, I am not sure if there is too much hype around Nelson, Roosevelt, Jones and Easley at this point.

Having said all this, I still have a feeling that Lee will not be a part of the opening day roster. I hope that I am wrong.

Doing this will probably get them Andrew Luck so there is that.

Lee's still the best player on this offense regardless of what his stats showed last year. He can't throw to himself. I almost wish he gets traded just so we can see how good he can be on a functional team.

Word on the street is that Moorman will be cut soon, and that we will be scrapping the punt coverage unit in favor of a pure, go for it on 4th offense. The punter would be replaced with another wide receiver on the roster. Our Brad Smith lead screen/ wildcat/ running/ play action/ no-huddle game will resemble the vaunted Harlem Globe Trotters offense of the early eighties. Take it to the bank.

IMO Kyle has to have another good year or two before we can really consider him an Aaron Schobel type player for us. Schobel was solid for a lot of years. Definitely not GREAT, but certainly good. This year should be interesting for KW on the line with some help. I cant wait to see that. I really hope we dont get rid of Lee. I still firmly believe he is our best WR. He wasn't targeted a whole lot last year, but that was Fitzpatricks first year in Chan's system, and QBs tend to go with one guy who they are comfortable with (ie. Stevie J). I think we will see a lot more from Lee this year, and compared to what we will get for him it would be ridiculous to trade him. He is one of the few guys with proven star potential on this team.

I would put Kyle Williams over Aaron Schobel right now. We haven't had a player on the DL who wreaked consistent havoc in a while. Schobel was famous for meaningless sacks and wide loops to the QB. Kyle Williams brings it up the middle every down and is too much to handle for most interior lineman. I could NEVER say that Aaron Schobel was too much to handle for most LTs.

Edited by JayBaller10

I think the Bills are putting it out there that he is available, getting the phone ringing so they can get a starting RT in exchange for him. Lee is a good player they know the advantages to keeping him and they might just be gauging value. If the right team bits a player for player trade could happen. If it was a good, young starting RT, I would see it as a good move. He is one of the only real players (that doesn't quite fit the team right now) that we could trade and get anything out of at all if you think about it. For draft picks not so much, Lee is a proven commodity, draft picks are bets or at best like investing in a shaky stock market.

The way Chan spoke after practice with Wang in there the other day you know there is going to be something done. Couple that with what he has said in the past about Lee finding other ways to be of use to the offense and the perceived glut of young talent we have at the position and lack thereof at others,these rumors make sense.

Cutting Lee out right is a dumb plan. Would just make me do this :doh::wallbash:

I can't understand why the Bills would consider trading Lee Evans. Consider the following:

1. His compensation for the next two years is not excessive compared to other wide receivers in the NFL with similar skills.

2. He is a great team guy and a good leader in the locker room.

3. He still has excellent speed (more speed than any other wide receiver on the roster).

4. We would not receive equivalent value in a trade (at best, probably a late round pick).

5. The Bills do not need to trade him for financial or cap reasons.

6. Our young receivers may have talent, but they are unproven. I seem to recall that Stevie's production dropped significantly after Evans got hurt late in the season. In addition, I am not sure if there is too much hype around Nelson, Roosevelt, Jones and Easley at this point.

Having said all this, I still have a feeling that Lee will not be a part of the opening day roster. I hope that I am wrong.

A team shouldn't jettison its best players. The Bills need Lee Evans more than Lee Evans need the Bills