Do we really need Lee Evans?

Do we really need Lee Evans? He seems like a great guy,but holding on to players who are past their prime because of their personality is part of what makes the Bills so bush league.He's set to make 3.275 million plus a 1.5 million dollar bonus this year.That's almost 5 million dollars.He only had 81 recs in the last two years.Lee doesn't have height or size.All he ever had was speed.He's 30,the speed is gone.Every year the Bills staff says they want him more involved and not so one dimensional.News flash,all he ever was and could ever be is one dimensional.In 7 seasons with the Bills he only had two seasons with over 1000 yds,and I don't wanna hear that veteran leadership crap.How many wins in this decade of no playoffs has veteran leadership got us? With that 5 mil we could have a stud proven TE.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't the Bills have both Lee Evans and a $5M TE?

Why keep him at all? Nicks says he's gonna upgrade at every position and it doesn't matter who.I can name at least three young receivers on our team who are better than him,but Nicks is the guy who went after thigpen.What an upgrade.I guess i'm just frustrated.

Why keep him at all? Nicks says he's gonna upgrade at every position and it doesn't matter who.I can name at least three young receivers on our team who are better than him,but Nicks is the guy who went after thigpen.What an upgrade.I guess i'm just frustrated.

Lol. You say there are 3 receivers on the Bills better than Evans? And you say his speed is gone? You sound like a fool.

I disagree with your analysis of there being 3 receivers on the team better than Evans. Johnson maybe, and that's it. Thigpen is an upgrade over Brohm. Also, it's Nix.

Lol. You say there are 3 receivers on the Bills better than Evans? And you say his speed is gone? You sound like a fool.

Ok,where are his recs and yards.T.O. was supposed to be Robin and ended up being Batman.I guess evans is running past everyone and wide open,or getting past all of the jams from the huge DB's with his enormous 5"9 frame and the QB's aren't getting him the ball.The proof is in the pudding.You sure you don't work for the Bills front office.

Do you realize Lee Evans importance to this team?

- We have SEVERAL underneath threats on this team namely Stevie J. and Rosco Parrish

- IN ORDER for underneath threats to do well you have to run the coverage deep so there are underneath soft spots to WORK

- Who stretches the defense if not Lee Evans?

If you dont have a deep vertical threat then the coverage plays tighter and sits on routes causing interceptions.....if d backs give cushion because they are being stretched then you have more room to work.

Another thing....Fitz is not a deep ball guy......so he needs the short to intermediate areas of the field to have soft spots.

Also.....if they can ever get this offensive line straightened out and can start running the ball well.....home run threats like Evans are gonna be MONEY

Do you realize Lee Evans importance to this team?

- We have SEVERAL underneath threats on this team namely Stevie J. and Rosco Parrish

- IN ORDER for underneath threats to do well you have to run the coverage deep so there are underneath soft spots to WORK

- Who stretches the defense if not Lee Evans?

If you dont have a deep vertical threat then the coverage plays tighter and sits on routes causing interceptions.....if d backs give cushion because they are being stretched then you have more room to work.

Another thing....Fitz is not a deep ball guy......so he needs the short to intermediate areas of the field to have soft spots.

Also.....if they can ever get this offensive line straightened out and can start running the ball well.....home run threats like Evans are gonna be MONEY

Nobody takes him serious as a deep threat anymore.Johnson is our deep threat.Evans isn't fast anymore.DB's just jam him up.Forget speed, height and size are worth more.Ask every other NFL team that's a contender.And if Fitz isn't a deep ball guy how could evans be money.If evans ran a 4 flat we still couldn't get him the ball.

Edited by playboy reese 2.0

I for one (and I might be the only one) believe that Evans is expendable. He hasn't been relevant since Losman left and the only reason why he was good the. Was because he's the only player JPbever threw it to. I'd rather see Johnsn start opposite Easley/Smith/Nelson to be honest. Give the you g guys a chance, we've had Evans on this team for years and it hasn't ever worked enough to make a difference. I agree OP. I'd take a 4th for him if you could get that much at this point but I doubt it. Ocho only got a 5th and he could run circles around Lee.

I still believe Lee Evans is a big asset to the Bills. The dude is a freak with deep balls (no homo). He may not be as fast as he used to be, but he's still amazing at putting double moves on DB's. He also helps Stevie Johnson by commanding double coverage. Although you may not think he's a good player, he is a guy that other teams have to double team and game plan for. I'm a bull on Lee Evans.

Go Bills!

Nobody takes him serious as a deep threat anymore.Johnson is our deep threat.Evans isn't fast anymore.DB's just jam him up.Forget speed, height and size are worth more.Ask every other NFL team that's a contender.And if Fitz isn't a deep ball guy how could evans be money.If evans ran a 4 flat we still couldn't get him the ball.

This tells me all I need to know about you and your opinions. You have no clue.

I've been disappointed in Evans' play, or lack there of...but c'mon man.

Edited by cantankerous

I for one (and I might be the only one) believe that Evans is expendable. He hasn't been relevant since Losman left and the only reason why he was good the. Was because he's the only player JPbever threw it to. I'd rather see Johnsn start opposite Easley/Smith/Nelson to be honest. Give the you g guys a chance, we've had Evans on this team for years and it hasn't ever worked enough to make a difference. I agree OP. I'd take a 4th for him if you could get that much at this point but I doubt it. Ocho only got a 5th and he could run circles around Lee.

Thank you.You seem like one of the only guys on here who actually understands football.This small town mentality around here is killing me.

Stevie?

This tells me all I need to know about you and your opinions. You have no clue.

I've been disappointed in Evans' play, or lack there of...but c'mon man.

How can you say I have no clue? Why are you disappointed in his play or lack there of? Don't contradict yourself just because you like the guy.You sound like you agree with me.He's a nice guy.Ok.Go be nice and make 5 mil and under perform somewhere else.

How can you say I have no clue? Why are you disappointed in his play or lack there of? Don't contradict yourself just because you like the guy.You sound like you agree with me.He's a nice guy.Ok.Go be nice and make 5 mil and under perform somewhere else.

Yes, I've been disappointed in with Evans the past 2 years. I've also been disappointed in the whole damn team. The fact still remains that Lee is the best receiver (the Bills have); skill wise, speed wise, and just overall talent wise.

I feel as though sometimes he leaves a little to be desired in effort. I've seen some balls he could have dove for. He probably wouldn't have made the plays but it would be nice if he at least went for them.

Fitzpatrick looks to Johnson more often, probably because the Oline is still ****ty and usually doesn't allow for the long routes to develop. I'm sure Evans is beating his man more than he's throw to.

I understand your frustration but to say he should be cut is ridiculous.

Edited by cantankerous