Do we really need Lee Evans?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I've been disappointed in with Evans the past 2 years. I've also been disappointed in the whole damn team. The fact still remains that Lee is the best receiver (the Bills have); skill wise, speed wise, and just overall talent wise.

I feel as though sometimes he leaves a little to be desired in effort. I've seen some balls he could have dove for. He probably wouldn't have made the plays but it would be nice if he at least went for them.

Fitzpatrick looks to Johnson more often, probably because the Oline is still ****ty and usually doesn't allow for the long routes to develop. I'm sure Evans is beating his man more than he's throw to.

I understand your frustration but to say he should be cut is ridiculous.

I agree with you on some points.I would be satisfied with a reduction in salary as i would with lots of Bills players.Four years and 37 mil is ridiculous,and disappointed with him the last two years huh?Seems like a downward trend in his performance.I agree with you on his effort.Why try when you're making that kind of scratch on a small town mentality team who will never threaten to cut you because of your performance.

Ya, lets just keep getting rid of our good players so we can stay in this circle of failure we been in for 10 years....YES we need Lee Evans, he's a damn good receiver that needs double teamed..! Why get rid of him, so Steveie and Rosco can be our 1 and 2..? I hope not..! Lets stop getting rid of our good players...

Evans is bracketed on EVERY play....Stevie himself said that a lot of his production came from the attention that lee demands. This is should be the pick your poison year...who are you going to double? and then you have nelson and scoe in the slot. O-line holds up and we will give any defense in the league trouble.

Ya, lets just keep getting rid of our good players so we can stay in this circle of failure we been in for 10 years....YES we need Lee Evans, he's a damn good receiver that needs double teamed..! Why get rid of him, so Steveie and Rosco can be our 1 and 2..? I hope not..! Lets stop getting rid of our good players...

A guy with 81 recs and 1190 yards in two years is one of our good players? Time for a change.

I like the talent that Lee brings to the table. It just seems like Lee and Fitz aren't on the same page. Maybe I'm way off base on that, but I just haven't seen the chemistry there that Fitz has shown with Stevie, Roscoe, and to a lesser extent David Nelson.

Edited by timba

You get rid of Evans only if:

1. the compensation is generous; and

2. his replacement emerges.

Other than that, you've just created a hole on a team with plenty and taken the only proven deep threat off the roster. The whole back 7 - please take 1 step forward....

I like the talent that Lee brings to the table. It just seems like Lee and Fitz aren't on the same page. Maybe I'm way off base on that, but I just haven't seem the chemistry there that Fitz has shown with Stevie, Roscoe, and to a lesser extent David Nelson.

These were all players that worked with fitz when he was the number two qb...09'T.O and Lee got the reps with Cptn Check down and Roscoe was on the sideline. 10' He was the number two QB comming in...but by the BAL game...him and Lee were clickin.

wow amazing thread and only 6 posts in, I predict about 1 and a half to maybe 3 months tops. Welcome to the board and good bye 2.0 enjoy camp and the preseason, I am cutting you now.

Thanks for cutting me.Maybe i'll get picked up by a team committed to winning and not paying guys because you like them.I'm not going to kiss anyones butt on this forum.I'm sure more people feel like me.

A guy with 81 recs and 1190 yards in two years is one of our good players? Time for a change.

It is time for a change when he gets pushed off the roster by more talented players, not when fans don't want him. Fans are their to buy tickets, merchandise and clap their hands when told to do so. They aren't there to think.

He won't be cut. He shouldn't be cut. I doubt we'll get good conpensation for him. Keep him, let him command some safety attention and see if this year is better than last. Worst case scenario, he allows the other wrs to get single coverage

It is time for a change when he gets pushed off the roster by more talented players, not when fans don't want him. Fans are their to buy tickets, merchandise and clap their hands when told to do so. They aren't there to think.

Aaron Maybin and john mccargo haven't been pushed off the roster by more talented players yet.Yup the front office knows what they're doing.I'm a fan,I know nothing.You're right.Your a fan also,so i guess you don't know anything either.

These were all players that worked with fitz when he was the number two qb...09'T.O and Lee got the reps with Cptn Check down and Roscoe was on the sideline. 10' He was the number two QB comming in...but by the BAL game...him and Lee were clickin.

Hopefully this extra time working together will help. Other than the Baltimore game, there wasn't really a big show from Lee.

http://www.nfl.com/player/leeevans/2506097/gamelogs

I don't THINK I'm expecting too much out of Lee, but we'll see how he and Fitzy are doing once preseason games start.

Aaron Maybin and john mccargo haven't been pushed off the roster by more talented players yet.Yup the front office knows what they're doing.I'm a fan,I know nothing.You're right.Your a fan also,so i guess you don't know anything either.

Very good chance one or both is gone before the season starts- how can you compare Lee Evans to those two? Seriously.

Very good chance one or both is gone before the season starts- how can you compare Lee Evans to those two? Seriously.

It wasn't a comparison.You implied that the front office knows what to do and fans don't and should shut up.I disagree.My opinion counts and so does yours.They're incompetent.

It wasn't a comparison.You implied that the front office knows what to do and fans don't and should shut up.I disagree.My opinion counts and so does yours.They're incompetent.

They aren't incompetent- they are in year two of rebuilding a complete mess. What preceded them isn't their fault

They aren't incompetent- they are in year two of rebuilding a complete mess. What preceded them isn't their fault

Is the fact that none of our 2010 draft picks made any impact their fault or the previous GM's?Or what about holding on to Lynch when it came out that teams offered more and were turned down by the Bills.They took advantage of the Bills incompetence and got Lynch for next to nothing.Or what about starting Trent?Was that their fault.We all knew Fitz was better.

Do we really need Lee Evans? He seems like a great guy,but holding on to players who are past their prime because of their personality is part of what makes the Bills so bush league.He's set to make 3.275 million plus a 1.5 million dollar bonus this year.That's almost 5 million dollars.He only had 81 recs in the last two years.Lee doesn't have height or size.All he ever had was speed.He's 30,the speed is gone.Every year the Bills staff says they want him more involved and not so one dimensional.News flash,all he ever was and could ever be is one dimensional.In 7 seasons with the Bills he only had two seasons with over 1000 yds,and I don't wanna hear that veteran leadership crap.How many wins in this decade of no playoffs has veteran leadership got us? With that 5 mil we could have a stud proven TE.

Do we really need Fred Jackson? Kyle Williams? Eric Wood? Of course you want to keep your best players. Silly question.

Evans is by far the smoothest runner we have on the team, his patterns are like glass. He will draw coverages off of our usual 7-12 yard route guys everytime. His contract is also very friendly & has mostly been paid for, therefore this is an all around bad idea.