Do we really need Lee Evans?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we really need Lee Evans? He seems like a great guy,but holding on to players who are past their prime because of their personality is part of what makes the Bills so bush league.He's set to make 3.275 million plus a 1.5 million dollar bonus this year.That's almost 5 million dollars.He only had 81 recs in the last two years.Lee doesn't have height or size.All he ever had was speed.He's 30,the speed is gone.Every year the Bills staff says they want him more involved and not so one dimensional.News flash,all he ever was and could ever be is one dimensional.In 7 seasons with the Bills he only had two seasons with over 1000 yds,and I don't wanna hear that veteran leadership crap.How many wins in this decade of no playoffs has veteran leadership got us? With that 5 mil we could have a stud proven TE.

The answer is YES!!! He still commands respect from defenses. With him on the team other teams need to key on him .That helps the other receivers get open. he still has speed.

Pull the safety to his deep side? Don't think so

He looked impressive to me.Reminds me of stevie johnson from a few yrs back.Solid and dependable and making plays just when you need them.

Nope, just don't like friggin retards.

All that in breeding finally rearing its ugly head.You were born with a third arm.Use it to post something meaningful.

He looked impressive to me.Reminds me of stevie johnson from a few yrs back.Solid and dependable and making plays just when you need

No I agree, but his skill set is the reciprocal of Evans, he needs a guy like Evans to take the safety and open up the underneath stuff, which is where Nelson will live, good player just different abolity

With the same defensive coverage, targets from the QB and inclusion in the game plan by the coaching staff, there isn't even one reciever better than Evans, and it isn't close.

+3

Of course the T.O.deal was for one year.He had a one yr contract genius.He wanted to run from this racist hick town.If he was offered a contract like they should've he might have stayed and gave us some credibility instead of going to cincy and giving them a thousand yard season.Oh wait we dont need him we have our speedster evans.

How many teams since have offered T.O. more than a one year contract? Is Cincy a racist hick town too? They only signed him to a one year contract. Nobody is going to give him more than one year at his age coupled with the baggage that he brings with him. When is the last time Evans totally destroyed a locker room and pretty much an entire team? He never has, T.O. has done it to at least 3 organizations. When is the last time Evans was suspended? Never. When is the last time Evans threw his quarterback under the bus? Never. T.O. has done it to almost every QB he has played with. I am not a T.O. hater, but anybody knows this team wasn't going to win when he came it, it was all about ticket sales, and if you can't see that then you aren't the genius that you say I am. T.O. himself only came here because he was hoping to have a big year to get one last big contract when he left, how did that turn out? Not sure why some people hate certain players without justification like you do Evans, you obviously are the opposite of a genius when it comes to football.

I'm officially out of this debate after it became racist talk. For my exit post I'd like to add this:

1st- you first said that we should cut Lee but then talked about how we ran other talented players out of town (Henry, McGahee, Poz, Lynch), then you said Ralph is cheap and doesn't keep players. It's a little contradicting. I do agree with Lee for the most part but at the same time, if you can't get at least a 4th rounder for him it's not worth it. Your better off keeping him for a few reasons. 1, Roscoe can't stay healthy to save his life. 2, Easley is still unknown and has had an injury bug so far. 3, As much as I really like Nelson and Jones, they need to show an increase in production to put Evans on reserve.

2nd- Henry was dropped from an idiotic coaching staff and to be honest, with reason since McGahee was looking like the 2nd coming of Barry Sanders. Unfortunately he was a jerk and hated the team, city and fans and ran himself out of town. Lynch was just as stupid as he couldn't get past his THUG LIFE past and decided that driving drunk over Canadians (which might not have been so bad, LOL), smoking blunts and carrying guns was more important than worrying about his on the field play. Fact is Plaxico didn't do much more than Lynch but because he wasn't in NY it wasn't as big of an issue.

The only one I ever thought they made a bad decision about was Henry but our 13 year olds in the area are now safe from being impregnated. It turned out to be the right move in the end.

Like I said, I think Lee is overrated and overpaid but unless you get what you got for Lynch it's worth it to keep him.

I'm out

Now that we actually have a threat on the defensive line, we might not get pushed around as much. That should help every facet of the offense including the blocking. That would help take shots downfield and Evans would be a major part of that.

No I agree, but his skill set is the reciprocal of Evans, he needs a guy like Evans to take the safety and open up the underneath stuff, which is where Nelson will live, good player just different abolity

+3

I didnt mean he had the exact skill set ,i agree with you.I just dont think evans is a deep threat anymore. At his peak he ran a 4.3. What is he running now? If its a 4.6 everyone would consider that slow.People who could be high round picks drop to free agency in the draft because of 4.6 speed.Nelson was one of them.

I'm officially out of this debate after it became racist talk. For my exit post I'd like to add this:

1st- you first said that we should cut Lee but then talked about how we ran other talented players out of town (Henry, McGahee, Poz, Lynch), then you said Ralph is cheap and doesn't keep players. It's a little contradicting. I do agree with Lee for the most part but at the same time, if you can't get at least a 4th rounder for him it's not worth it. Your better off keeping him for a few reasons. 1, Roscoe can't stay healthy to save his life. 2, Easley is still unknown and has had an injury bug so far. 3, As much as I really like Nelson and Jones, they need to show an increase in production to put Evans on reserve.

2nd- Henry was dropped from an idiotic coaching staff and to be honest, with reason since McGahee was looking like the 2nd coming of Barry Sanders. Unfortunately he was a jerk and hated the team, city and fans and ran himself out of town. Lynch was just as stupid as he couldn't get past his THUG LIFE past and decided that driving drunk over Canadians (which might not have been so bad, LOL), smoking blunts and carrying guns was more important than worrying about his on the field play. Fact is Plaxico didn't do much more than Lynch but because he wasn't in NY it wasn't as big of an issue.

The only one I ever thought they made a bad decision about was Henry but our 13 year olds in the area are now safe from being impregnated. It turned out to be the right move in the end.

Like I said, I think Lee is overrated and overpaid but unless you get what you got for Lynch it's worth it to keep him.

I'm out

Td catch against San Diego a couple years ago

Nuff said

I'm out

Im not racist and i never said ralph was cheap. Find where i said that.I just think evans is an over paid average player.And almost all players smoke weed,but only the blacks ones driving nice cars get pulled over and have their car searched.Ever been pulled over for a minor infraction and have your car illegally searched.Not a good feeling.and the weed charges were dropped because racist cops lie and say they smell weed so they can search your car legally.And living in crime riddin california and being a known rich millionaire isnt very safe.doesnt mean hes a thug beacuse of the gun.Travis was a perv though.lol

Simply put, straight line speed doesn't deteriorate as fast as quickness does. Lee can still stretch the field and if opposing defenses choose not to respect that they do so at their own peril.

If we didn't have him we'd be looking for someone to do what he does because Johnson, Nelson, and Parrish are all fine and good, but none of those guys is true deep verticle threat.

Im not racist and i never said ralph was cheap. Find where i said that.I just think evans is an over paid average player.And almost all players smoke weed,but only the blacks ones driving nice cars get pulled over and have their car searched.Ever been pulled over for a minor infraction and have your car illegally searched.Not a good feeling.and the weed charges were dropped because racist cops lie and say they smell weed so they can search your car legally.And living in crime riddin california and being a known rich millionaire isnt very safe.doesnt mean hes a thug beacuse of the gun.Travis was a perv though.lol

You've got issues. There are other forums you should probably be in that have nothing to do with football.

He looked impressive to me.Reminds me of stevie johnson from a few yrs back.Solid and dependable and making plays just when you need them.

Wow. First you tell me to work for the front office because I gave you reasons why those RBs left the team. And then you reference back to Stevie Johnson from a few years back? (Also, I'd say he has some hip hop cred, but then again Buffalo hasn't got any other players than white-Polish guys as you mentioned earlier, right?)

Can you answer what part of Nelson's game reminds you of Stevie Johnson from a few years ago. I can't really remember his stats because he played like 4 games. Horrible comparison, and horrible choice to go with the race aspect of a Lee Evans debate.

love the lee

he has suffered through some ****ty periods with us by no fault of his own.

I actually believed he helped us score a couple touchdowns with his blocking for either another under receiver and or the backers last year.

i know that is what i saw.

Unfortunately he did not look like he had touched the ball much during his career when it did come his way this last season.

And this year I hope maybe he will not get 2 manned as often, but he is going to have to catch the ones thrown to him.

I just think he needs some fitzgibbons love and the kids to get some more attention when lined up and after the ball is snapped and draw away defensive attention. yes i watched last year, and i think as with some other players this is a make or break year for some. L evans included

Edited by 3rdand12

Now that Steve Johnson is a first ballot HOFer and we know that Easley and Parish are locks for 1,000 yards receiving each, I don't understand why Evans isn't cut outright.

Right? There are only so many roster spots, and when that final cutdown comes and it's between Maybin and Evans...well, sorry Lee, but you're odd man out.

Most intelligent readers would immediately realize that last statement was peppered with a heavy dose of sarcasm, but some of you are a little slow on the uptake. This thread should be all the proof anyone needs to know there are some major league knuckleheads opining here.

Bucky Gleason agrees with me.Evans is useless,cant take single or double coverage. Only an idiot would think he's worth 10 mil a year.Isnt that what drew brees makes? Watch a game and stop playing dungeons and dragons you moron.

10 million a year? Useless? Ask those underneath receivers if they think that.

Ask Stevie how he likes those yac because lee pulled the safety for him