Bills bars across the nation

bobs0108

I was going to suggest Alli Gators in FT Myers FL. I've been there a couple times for games on vacation and it is a Bills Backers of SWFL watching spot. They've closed and are re opening under the name of Racks and Tails with a super hot wait staff so they say. They now advertise as a Steelers Fan Zone.

Although the Bills backers of SWFL still shows Alli Gators as a place to join them on game days.

I will tell you it is rather horrific entertainment watching some of the retirees from here down there on game day. Scary. Oxygen tanks and all but they do get into it and have raffles and stuff and have fun and not everybody is old and juiced up on oxygen. I'm glad I can join them when there because it makes it home field.

I wonder if they show up on game day and end up in a fight with Steeler fans :w00t:

Headline: angry Bills fan with a walker roughs up Steelers fan with a cane.

It used to be their house!

Well after they realize there will be a season I'm sure the SWFL Bills Backer club will find a new home. Hopefully before week 1 :doh:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

San Jose Bills Backers

Britannia Arms

1087 South De Anza Blvd

San Jose, CA 95129

Technically this place is located in Cupertino. It's not a large place, but it's a good fit for our small group. They have been good to us over the past 10 plus years showing the Bills games. You won't find any Buffalo food there, but you will find Bills fans.

No Buffalo food but the food there is excellent.

The theme is a British Sports Pub and they serve tavern fare… awesome burgers, outstanding fish frys, some British foods like Shephard's Pie and also Bangers (a type of sausage) and mashed potatoes.

A very nice selection of beer is served in frosted mugs.

No Buffalo food but the food there is excellent.

The theme is a British Sports Pub and they serve tavern fare… awesome burgers, outstanding fish frys, some British foods like Shephard's Pie and also Bangers (a type of sausage) and mashed potatoes.

A very nice selection of beer is served in frosted mugs.

I used to hang out with the SJ Backers at High 5 Pizza and then the Alamaden Ale House. Ale House was great they had excellent wings and we kind of owned the place on Sundays. Now in Gilroy I have the ticket and stay home.

Does kevin nawotka still go there to Britannia Arms? He was such a crackup, little round guy from Lackawana or Cheektowaga who has a PhD in Microbiology. Lot of characters in that group.

Edited by dfluker

I'm looking for places around Sac or SF basically Norcal since I'm central, little help?

Missed this, thanks

Britannia Arms

1087 South De Anza Blvd

San Jose, CA 95129

Technically this place is located in Cupertino. It's not a large place, but it's a good fit for our small group. They have been good to us over the past 10 plus years showing the Bills games. You won't find any Buffalo food there, but you will find Bills fans.

I used to hang out with the SJ Backers at High 5 Pizza and then the Alamaden Ale House. Ale House was great they had excellent wings and we kind of owned the place on Sundays. Now in Gilroy I have the ticket and stay home.

Does kevin nawotka still go there to Britannia Arms? He was such a crackup, little round guy from Lackawana or Cheektowaga who has a PhD in Microbiology. Lot of characters in that group.

I haven't gone the last few years but I know Mark said that Kevin still goes there.

My wife and I will try to make it there more often this year. I'll just DVR the game and watch it again when I get home.

I told Mark I'd try to help round up some more for our group and I've messaged with a few people who want to join up.

Hope you can make it out to the Brit at least a few times this year.

Is Gilroy where the Garlic festival is? My daughter goes to CSUMB and I have driven thru Gilroy a few times. Should I hit the festival ? It sounds like fun!

Ive been to both in Virginia Beach:

AJ Gator's Sports Bar and Grill

3908 Holland Road

Virginia Beach, VA 23452-2805

757-340-3722

SMOKIES BAR AND GRILL

1715 Harpers Rd, Virginia Beach VA 23454

757-422-5773

BOSTON, MA

Bills Backers of Fenway

The Bleacher Bar

Inside the center field wall of Fenway Park with a large garage door that opens up to the field when the weather is nice. Proprietors go out of their way to order Western NY specialties for us: labatt, bison dip, beef on weck, occasionally genny screamers, garbage plates. They play Shout! probably too often, but if you're like me, the song never gets old and actually gets better with every beer. Be sure to sign up to get on the email list if you're a local. Also hosted a Bills draft party and all Sabres playoff games.

Bills Backers of Boston

The Harp

Across Causeway St. from TD Garden. Larger, more space. Decent wings.

I visit a few years ago, there was one across the street from the Fleet Center...don't recall the name....right downtown.

Personally, I'm partial to the Bleacher Bar. Crowd has been a bit rowdier and the ownership treats us like they really want us there.

I'm at Penn State and haven't found many Bills fans around. Anyone know any good places to go for games in State College, PA?

I've been having to go to a Steelers bar that was near my old house, but the people are cool there and the owner started getting into the habit a reserving a TV for the Bills for me

Edited by Haplo848

so NOT the one near VCU, right? It's the one on the south side instead?

That's right, gtu. The Mulligans downtown is filthy, inside & out. They have toilets in there that have been cracked & broken for years, ever notice all the black scum on the outside of the FRONT DOOR?!!! Makes me wonder what's going on in the kitchen.

Go Bills 2011!! Huntington Beach, California (Orange County)

The Southern California Buffalo Boosters originated in 1989 as a group of transplanted Buffalonians gathered together to watch Buffalo Bills football at the Buffalo Wings N' Things Restaurant in Huntington Beach, CA. (Surf City, USA).

Reservations are highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!!

Come out and join your fellow Bills fans

Great Wings, Beef on Weck and Sahlens Hot Dogs

We do not share the location with any other team during Bills Games

Special Breakfast menu from 9:30 to 11am, regular menu starts at 11

Large flat screen in the front of the room and 2 smaller ones in the back. Sound comes from overhead sound system. Shout song played after Touchdowns and Victories.

Weekly raffle prizes and all of the money goes to charities.

Southern California Buffalo Boosters website is http://www.socalbuffalofans.com/

Buffalo Wings 'N.. Things website is http://www.buffalowings-ca.com/ Phone # 714 848-2767

Find us on facebook: SouthernCalifornia BuffaloBoosters

Email the chapter president to be added to our club newsletter buffalowingshb @ yahoo.com (just remove the spaces)

Edited by buffalowingshb

Busby's is awesome. The games start at 10 am and we have a few guys who aren't even from Buffalo who tailgate in the parking lot of the bar and drink cheap beer for a couple hours before it opens. ;)

Did they have the BILLS - BEARS game on?

Will the BILLS - Denver game be on .. everything LIVE ??

P.S. We need blue pants on the road ... they're IN the 2011 official uniform guide !!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if there are any Bills bars NW of Charlotte? I'm relocating to Hickory in October and will be looking for a few friendly jerseys.

If not, guess I'm driving to Charlotte on Sundays...

Thanks!

Charlotte, NC area:

Big Al's in Mooresville is actually a Steelers bar. Big Al's in Cornelius off of Catawba ave is the Bills bar.

I personally am looking for Bills friendly bars in the Cocoa Beach area of Florida if anyone has any insight as my family has a vacation home in the area and il be spending the holidays down there.....

Malibu's Sports Bar

165 Barton Blvd.

Rockledge, Fl

This is one of my favorite spots. Two blocks west off US-1 in Rockledge. Easy drive from Cocoa Beach.

This Bills spot is always a great time and a prime place for Bills fans to gather for games.

While it is not exclusively a "Bills Bar" Rivals in Williamsport PA. does have an active amount of Bills fans that come in on game day. They "reserve" a tv for us (the same for years) and anywhere from 4 to 10 Bills fans can be found there. The food is good and they pass out crying towels to us. :bag:

Edited by BillsfaninSteelerCountry

I personally am looking for Bills friendly bars in the Cocoa Beach area of Florida if anyone has any insight as my family has a vacation home in the area and il be spending the holidays down there.....

I think they have one in a Holiday Inn there or one of the hotels right on Cocoa Beach. I used to live in Melbourne and I learned they had one there but never went.

Check the websites and you may find one.

While McFadden's is the "official" NYC Bills Backers bar here on Sundays they do not hold the monopoly on Buffalo Fan support in the Big Apple. Thanks to the mass exodus of Buffalonians to New York City in the past ten years, you can walk in just about any establishment with NFL Sunday Ticket and you'll find a group, some big some small, of ex-pats cheering on the only REAL New York team.

After Jimmy's Bait Shack (92nd St and 3rd) put the kibosh on Bills games I was left wandering until next season I found Bonnies Grill in Park Slope. Bonnies is great for the food (REAL Buffalo Wings, Beef on Weck etc...as well as some of the best burgers in the borough) and laid backed-ness of Brooklyn but you have to get there early to score a good seat in order to view the smallish TV's (since upgraded to larger screens.)

So, three seasons back (four maybe?)I'm walking up 5th Ave from Bonnies to the Subway after a game and I see groups of Bills-clad guys and gals passing me. I thought this strange as the game was over and they were headed toward Bonnies. Turns out there we're two other bars on the same block devoting screens to groups of Buffalo fans. I found the same thing in Williamsburg and Greenpoint last season.

Basically, NYC is teeming with Bills fans.

Is Gilroy where the Garlic festival is? My daughter goes to CSUMB and I have driven thru Gilroy a few times. Should I hit the festival ? It sounds like fun!

Missed your post, sorry. Fest is the last full weekend in July so next year if you're out here and like things with lots of garlic, it is a good time. Can get crowded Friday is the best day for smaller crowds (referred to as "locals day").

He sure does. Maybe not for every game, since he doesn't live in SJ anymore, but Kevin, AKA "Wacka", comes to a good amount of games.

I'm looking for places around Sac or SF basically Norcal since I'm central, little help?

Missed this, thanks

Britannia Arms

1087 South De Anza Blvd

San Jose, CA 95129

Feel free to come by this season. We're always looking for more fans.

I haven't gone the last few years but I know Mark said that Kevin still goes there.

My wife and I will try to make it there more often this year. I'll just DVR the game and watch it again when I get home.

I told Mark I'd try to help round up some more for our group and I've messaged with a few people who want to join up.

Hope you can make it out to the Brit at least a few times this year.

That's great SJ. Are you going to be there this weekend?

BOSTON, MA

Bills Backers of Fenway

The Bleacher Bar

Inside the center field wall of Fenway Park with a large garage door that opens up to the field when the weather is nice. Proprietors go out of their way to order Western NY specialties for us: labatt, bison dip, beef on weck, occasionally genny screamers, garbage plates. They play Shout! probably too often, but if you're like me, the song never gets old and actually gets better with every beer. Be sure to sign up to get on the email list if you're a local. Also hosted a Bills draft party and all Sabres playoff games.

Bills Backers of Boston

The Harp

Across Causeway St. from TD Garden. Larger, more space. Decent wings.

Personally, I'm partial to the Bleacher Bar. Crowd has been a bit rowdier and the ownership treats us like they really want us there.

THe harp is the place to be . The only official Bill;s backers in Boston that has been doing it for 20 years. No way it is rowdier. Better beer specials, Beef on weck, MIGHTY TACO! and started the shout song in Boston.

Keep it real go to the harp

While McFadden's is the "official" NYC Bills Backers bar here on Sundays they do not hold the monopoly on Buffalo Fan support in the Big Apple. Thanks to the mass exodus of Buffalonians to New York City in the past ten years, you can walk in just about any establishment with NFL Sunday Ticket and you'll find a group, some big some small, of ex-pats cheering on the only REAL New York team.

After Jimmy's Bait Shack (92nd St and 3rd) put the kibosh on Bills games I was left wandering until next season I found Bonnies Grill in Park Slope. Bonnies is great for the food (REAL Buffalo Wings, Beef on Weck etc...as well as some of the best burgers in the borough) and laid backed-ness of Brooklyn but you have to get there early to score a good seat in order to view the smallish TV's (since upgraded to larger screens.)

So, three seasons back (four maybe?)I'm walking up 5th Ave from Bonnies to the Subway after a game and I see groups of Bills-clad guys and gals passing me. I thought this strange as the game was over and they were headed toward Bonnies. Turns out there we're two other bars on the same block devoting screens to groups of Buffalo fans. I found the same thing in Williamsburg and Greenpoint last season.

Basically, NYC is teeming with Bills fans.

On a similar tip, had to duck in a big-name clothes place today by my job on 19th st. in NYC and was joyously surprised to see a huge display of Bills gear (we're talking hundreds of items).

Just e-mailed to see if it's still showing games, but as of last year, they were showing the games in Hoboken at Northern Soul -- really nice vibe, good group and cool bartenders. Good alternative to McFadden's overcrowds (although calico jack's overflow is usually a great mix of passion and not-getting-jostledness -- although sitting at the bar with 3 dollar drinks, the second half is often a bit blurry for me).