Bills interested in OT Tyson Clabo

Correct me if wrong but you cant visit a new team until... Tommorow?

Can't visit til FA period officially opens on Friday at 6 pm. But if you waited that long to talk to a potential FA, you'd be behind everyone else. I agree Buffalo is a hard sell, and FA's need to visit.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they better have thrown a huge offer at this kid. atlanta doesnt have much cap room and they still have other FAs to sign. we could have/should have come in with something that forces him to decide if its about the money, or about the winner.

You know it's true. No NFL player that has never played here before has a good image of buffalo deservedly so or not

I lived in Buffalo until I was 18 and you'd really really have to convince me to go back there and toil for a losing team rather than live in ATL with a team on the cusp of greatness. $$ talks.

I lived in Buffalo until I was 18 and you'd really really have to convince me to go back there and toil for a losing team rather than live in ATL with a team on the cusp of greatness. $$ talks.

whoa pump your brakes bud Have you been to Atlanta ? Find me someone who likes it

This move might move a few people off the ledge

If only. But I highly doubt it. In fact, I wouldn't mind it if some of 'em just took that step.

C'mon.....Hot wings

Money

Beef on Weck

Money money

Ted's Hot Dogs

Money money money

did I mention money? :devil:

....Nice

And maybe he's also weighing the pros and cons of one versus the other, talking to friends & family, making sure he makes (in his eyes) the right decision. This could be a life-altering choice. Perhaps the biggest of his life. Maybe he's just taking his time and sleeping on it. I'm going against conventional board "wisdom" and saying he chooses Buffalo.

GO BILLS!!!

I say he's coming to Buffalo too. Man that would add some excitement around here.

Now that would make a big splash. I mean literally....a big splash.

Apparently though, Atlanta is trying real hard to retain him.

Can you explain the splash? You say you mean literally a big splash. Did you mean literally only for the big part and the splash part continues to be used figuratively in the way that an significant news is referred to as a splash. Or is there some water based offensive line training I am not aware of?

And if you haven't seen David Cross rant on the misuse of the word literally it is worth checking out.

Back to football, I am definitely interested in Clabo, but don't see his motivation to come to Buffalo if it isn't for a lot more dollars than Atlanta is offering. What is their cap situation, and could we outbid them without going crazy?

Either would be an upgrade . . . although Clabo is younger and thus would have more value

But we're the Bills, we can't be choosey

Really? Are you sure about that? You might want to re-google that one and get the DOB's right.

Clabo = 10/17/1981 Will be 30 this October.

Colon = 4/9/1983 Pretty much just turned 28

Can you explain the splash? You say you mean literally a big splash. Did you mean literally only for the big part and the splash part continues to be used figuratively in the way that an significant news is referred to as a splash. Or is there some water based offensive line training I am not aware of?

And if you haven't seen David Cross rant on the misuse of the word literally it is worth checking out.

Back to football, I am definitely interested in Clabo, but don't see his motivation to come to Buffalo if it isn't for a lot more dollars than Atlanta is offering. What is their cap situation, and could we outbid them without going crazy?

I think he literally meant literally. As in, Tyson Clabo is a big man.

The gamesmanship going on here is interesting, to say the least. I'd really be stunned to see Clabo sign with the Bills, unless the money is SIGNIFICANTLY better. Atlanta posted the best record in the NFC, has a great owner, and a franchise QB in Ryan. Buffalo has, well, new uniforms.

This will be an upset of mammoth proportions if Clabo becomes a Bill.

Really? Are you sure about that? You might want to re-google that one and get the DOB's right.

Clabo = 10/17/1981 Will be 30 this October.

Colon = 4/9/1983 Pretty much just turned 28

got it . . . anyhow, either one will do :cry:

The gamesmanship going on here is interesting, to say the least. I'd really be stunned to see Clabo sign with the Bills, unless the money is SIGNIFICANTLY better. Atlanta posted the best record in the NFC, has a great owner, and a franchise QB in Ryan. Buffalo has, well, new uniforms.

This will be an upset of mammoth proportions if Clabo becomes a Bill.

we may never know but what do you think is "significantly" better? The Falcons have somewhere between $8-$10 mill at best left in salary cap space. The Bills have something like $20 mil (Hard to keep track with all the signings taking place). The Bills started with $37 and the Falcons with $13. Bills can easily top by 2 mil or more per year unless the falcons make the term long long long to spread out a huge signing bonus.

Edited by richNjoisy

whoa pump your brakes bud Have you been to Atlanta ? Find me someone who likes it

Ummm. Lived here for seven years. Better weather. Hotter women. It's got it all minus the snow and my Bills. Though the food sucks unless you like BBQ and slow service.

Of course I miss my Bills!

we may never know but what do you think is "significantly" better? The Falcons have somewhere between $8-$10 mill at best left in salary cap space. The Bills have something like $20 mil (Hard to keep track with all the signings taking place). The Bills started with $37 and the Falcons with $13. Bills can easily top by 2 mil or more per year unless the falcons make the term long long long to spread out a huge signing bonus.

Good point. Last season Santonio Holmes had 52 receptions and 6 touchdowns. The reports I have read say he got 5 year/50 million dollars from the Jets, with a whopping 24 million guaranteed.

Blockers make lots of money too. RT or not, my guess is that if the Bills want him it will take an offer in the neighborhood of the above, but we shall see.

Good point. Last season Santonio Holmes had 52 receptions and 6 touchdowns. The reports I have read say he got 5 year/50 million dollars from the Jets, with a whopping 24 million guaranteed.

Blockers make lots of money too. RT or not, my guess is that if the Bills want him it will take an offer in the neighborhood of the above, but we shall see.

The best part about Holmes is one more legal transgression and he is gone for a year. Its an inevitability.