Bills interested in OT Tyson Clabo

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clabo would be a great free agent signing. Good player in a position of need. I don't see any reason not to get tghis deal done. I love the idea of getting out of free agency with Clabo and a very good tight end. Anything else would be great but if we fill those two holes there would be a terrific improvement on the offensive side of the ball.

For once GREED works in OUR favor. See:

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/2011/7/27/2298076/tyson-clabo-free-agency-falcons-bills-seahawks

THE quote,

"What it will ultimately come down to is how Clabo ranks his priorities: if money is most important, then he will likely sign with the Bills who had almost $38M worth of cap space under the new CBA. However, if Clabo wants to play for a winning team, inside a nice, warm dome, he'll sign with the Falcons."

For once GREED works in OUR favor. See:

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/2011/7/27/2298076/tyson-clabo-free-agency-falcons-bills-seahawks

THE quote,

"What it will ultimately come down to is how Clabo ranks his priorities: if money is most important, then he will likely sign with the Bills who had almost $38M worth of cap space under the new CBA. However, if Clabo wants to play for a winning team, inside a nice, warm dome, he'll sign with the Falcons."

I don't know....winning team, nice warm dome......

Not everything is about the numbers. Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roethlisberger are both QBs who make things happen with their feet. If you watch either of these guys play they have an insane amount of time in the pocket, and then even more time once they start to scramble. Inevitably they are going to give up some sacks. That is the nature of the beast when dealing with QBs who play like that. Pittsburgh year in and year out has one of the most underrated offensive lines in the league, merely for the sack numbers that mostly falls on Ben's shoulders. Not to mention they had both drafted studs in the first round to keep that rotation going. I would say virtually any starter on either Pittsburgh's or Green Bay's line would start in Buffalo over our current guys. I love what Wood and Levitre are doing, but these teams play on a whole different level then we do. Both teams played in the Super Bowl, and both teams had injury problems throughout the entire season. That is what depth does for you IMO

Unless I'm missing something, Green Bay and Pittsburgh ranked 19th and 25th in fewest sacks allowed last year, respectively. They also ranked 17th and 26th in yards per carry...not exactly solid on the lines. They had to rely on rookies (Bulaga, Pouncey) and veterans on their last legs (Chad Clifton, Flozell Adams, Jonathan Scott) to get them through.

I'm not trying to diminish your point, I'm just saying that the perceived stability of those teams' lines isn't as rock solid as your post implies.

BRILLIANT!

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

UPDATE: ESPN NFC West blogger Mike Sando looks at the rebuilt Seattle offensive line and likes what he sees -- a lot (see below).

---

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Robert Gallery's long-rumored move to the Seattle Seahawks is a done deal. The former Oakland Raiders guard will sign a three-year deal. This virtually assures that Seattle will not be a bidder in the Tyson Clabo derby.

Good for us! Hopefully we can snag him!

Clabo would be a great pickup, but I worry that he is a bit overrated after being with such a great offensive line in Atlanta. I mean that line is STACKED from start to finish. Yes he was a key piece of that, but I don't remember him being as highly touted until the Falcons started bulking up their line with Dahl, Blalock, etc. Obviously he is BY FAR our best option, and the best option in free agency, however I don't think he will be making any pro bowls with us.

Clabo would be a great pickup, but I worry that he is a bit overrated after being with such a great offensive line in Atlanta. I mean that line is STACKED from start to finish. Yes he was a key piece of that, but I don't remember him being as highly touted until the Falcons started bulking up their line with Dahl, Blalock, etc. Obviously he is BY FAR our best option, and the best option in free agency, however I don't think he will be making any pro bowls with us.

he could be a nice addition with a very healthy wood, levitre bell and whoever is lining up at the other guard position.

Clabo is 29 Colon is 28

Clabo is older, but has started for the past three season every game. The Falcons Oline has been very good.

Clabo to me is the better choice due to Colons injury status.

This and Burnett would be huge, on the heals of keeping Florence.

Only thing better would be a legit TE signing.

I think they will offer a lot more money, the problem is, the guarenteed amount will probably be low, since that would fit our MO. We have to spend the cap money, but the guarenteed signing bonus money is a different story.

It is interesting that they are still talking. there might even be a bidding war there.