Bills interested in OT Tyson Clabo

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rotoworld's take:

The Falcons are reportedly competing against the Bills and Seahawks for free agent RT Tyson Clabo.

Seattle is looking for one veteran offensive lineman as insurance at guard and right tackle. They're also in on OG Robert Gallery, but will sign just one of the two. It's a pleasant surprise to hear the Bills involved, as they have seemed satisfied with below-average tackle play the past couple of seasons.

Seattle's RT Locklear is one of the free agents included on Yahoo's top 100 list. I wonder how interested they are in Clabo vs. signing the guy already on the roster.

Seattle's RT Locklear is one of the free agents included on Yahoo's top 100 list. I wonder how interested they are in Clabo vs. signing the guy already on the roster.

It would also be a bit surprising to see them sign a big-money FA at OT considering that they've spent two consecutive #1 picks on OTs, and spent a their 2nd pick (a 3rd rounder) on another OL this year. Not saying it won't happen, just that it would surprise me.

More posturing by 1BD...

To be immediately followed by more whining from 2BD...

I have learned to tune out optimimism regarding good players at a position of need for us. Tell me when he signs with us, then I'l get interested.

Exactly. If I were him Id take less to stay in Atlanta. They might be close to a championship...

It would also be a bit surprising to see them sign a big-money FA at OT considering that they've spent two consecutive #1 picks on OTs, and spent a their 2nd pick (a 3rd rounder) on another OL this year. Not saying it won't happen, just that it would surprise me.

To be immediately followed by more whining from 2BD...

Lol... true, so very true...

Exactly. If I were him Id take less to stay in Atlanta. They might be close to a championship...

Wil Wolford was "close" to a championship here in B-lo... he took the $$$$$$$ and left... It all depends on what motivates these players...

Seattle is not interested in signing Clabo. They want Locklear and are feigning interest to sign him. That leaves ATL and BUF to compete for 2 RT's. Colon-Clabo (if Colon is healed) is a win-win for Buffalo.

You can never have too many top tier offensive lineman. Every winner over the last several years (steelers, giants, patriots, saints) had a solid offensive line in place WITH DEPTH. You cant just have a starter and say ok we have that position taken care of. Look at the Robert Gallery experiment in Oakland. Their QBs were tackling dummies for several years waiting for that guy to develop. The next thing you know he is actually a stud guard in the NFL. Sure it wasnt what they drafted him for, but Mike Williams never even turned into that. Depth on the Oline is a great thing. Those guys drop like flies.

You can never have too many top tier offensive lineman. Every winner over the last several years (steelers, giants, patriots, saints) had a solid offensive line in place WITH DEPTH. You cant just have a starter and say ok we have that position taken care of. Look at the Robert Gallery experiment in Oakland. Their QBs were tackling dummies for several years waiting for that guy to develop. The next thing you know he is actually a stud guard in the NFL. Sure it wasnt what they drafted him for, but Mike Williams never even turned into that. Depth on the Oline is a great thing. Those guys drop like flies.

True but bringing in Clabo and signing your other FA RT in the interest of depth comes with a hefty price tag. You normally don't sign Pro Bowl caliber players for depth.

Actually the Steelers OL was TERRIBLE last year and had poor depth (and tons of injuries). They started Jonathan Scott at tackle in the Superbowl last year. That's a guy who couldn't stick on OUR roster as a tackle.

Actually the Steelers OL was TERRIBLE last year and had poor depth (and tons of injuries). They started Jonathan Scott at tackle in the Superbowl last year. That's a guy who couldn't stick on OUR roster as a tackle.

Don't go throwing facts out in arguements around here, it gets in the way of some good old fashioned Buffalo B*tch*ng and moaning about how bad the Front office is!