Bills interested in OT Tyson Clabo

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True but bringing in Clabo and signing your other FA RT in the interest of depth comes with a hefty price tag. You normally don't sign Pro Bowl caliber players for depth.

Excuse yourself.

Hey Tyson. This is the Bills, we are very interested. We are talking a good 10 percent over veteran minimum. What do you think?

Just as long as the plan does not end with, "We tried to land some free agents, but we like our existing roster heading into the season"

I believe that the Bills are ardently pursuing Tyson Clabo and that this is

I agree if he wanted to make sign with the Bills it would of happened by now. I feel like he is just playing games at this point.

Why is it not possible, if not probable, that he is waiting to see if either side raises their offer? The negotiations with the Bills started this afternoon.

I agree if he wanted to make sign with the Bills it would of happened by now. I feel like he is just playing games at this point.

Kind of hard to disagree. You get the feeling like they talked but he wasn't overly interested. That being said, he's 30 and this might be his only shot to cash in big so if the money difference remains large we may carry the day.

I think just the opposite, if Atl and Bills offers are close he makes easy choice to stay. To me the delay may be the Bills made a better offer and he is hoping Atl matches otherwise he signs with Blo.

I am just saying I think he wants to stay put. I hope he signs with Buffalo. I would love it. I just feel like it is not always about the $ he will be getting plenty of $ from Atl. Plus, a playoff contender. Thats all. I hope the pay him what he wants. I just think he should make a decision.

Why is it not possible, if not probable, that he is waiting to see if either side raises their offer? The negotiations with the Bills started this afternoon.

And maybe he's also weighing the pros and cons of one versus the other, talking to friends & family, making sure he makes (in his eyes) the right decision. This could be a life-altering choice. Perhaps the biggest of his life. Maybe he's just taking his time and sleeping on it. I'm going against conventional board "wisdom" and saying he chooses Buffalo.

GO BILLS!!!

I think just the opposite, if Atl and Bills offers are close he makes easy choice to stay. To me the delay may be the Bills made a better offer and he is hoping Atl matches otherwise he signs with Blo.

Seems like he is posturing the Bills to up ATL's offer. Calbo might not want to come to Buffalo but he still wants to get paid close to what the Bills are offering. I hope Atlanta doesn't call his bluff and low balls him somewhat so that the Bills offer is just too good to pass up.

I think the other part of this process that no one realizes is, in this hasty FA period, the players don't even have time to visit the facilities of the teams going after them. There are no face to face pitches, there just isn't enough time and resources to do this. Crazy, no?

I think the other part of this process that no one realizes is, in this hasty FA period, the players don't even have time to visit the facilities of the teams going after them. There are no face to face pitches, there just isn't enough time and resources to do this. Crazy, no?

I think this puts us at a disadvantage. Buffalo usually needs to get guys in town and convince them somehow that some of their preconceived notions are not true

Correct me if wrong but you cant visit a new team until... Tommorow?

Clabo is a mauler who excels in the run game, can struggle at times in the Pass game. That is why he is a RT.

Bell is an athlete who is better at pass protection than in the run game. That is why he is a LT.

They won't be switching positions

Your missing my point, I recgonize each skill set. My reference is to overpaying the RT in relation to the LT (see L Walker & J Peters contracts)usually the LT is the highest paid member of the OL, im not referring to them switching positions (although D Bell can make the switch).

With Fitz seeming to have a level of comfort in the spread formation, it seems pass blocking is valued more. So IMO overpaying for a starting LT will offer more value & flexibility for this team or atleast a Tackle that has the upside to playing the blind-side...