Bills interested in OT Tyson Clabo

Nicely stated. I have been on this board for a number of years & it always amazes me that the people that have moved away taking pot shots at WNY. It is almost like they have to do this to make them feel better about moving away. I love WNY, if you have a good job it is just a great place to live. Been to Atlanta two times & did not care for it. The traffic was crazy & having 9 months of beautiful weather is a crock of sh*t. I was there right around labor day a few years ago & it was 95 degrees outside with 90% humidity.

I think the tough sell here is not the cities but that Atlanta is on the cusp of a super bowl & well the Bills are the Bills I guess. Hopefully they blow him away with an offer that Atlanta can not match.

I never took any shots at Buffalo. On the contrary, only responded to posts that were taking unwarranted shots at Atlanta. It always amazes me that people who stay in Buffalo have to take shots at other cities. Its almost like they have to do this to make them feel better about staying... :rolleyes:

And yes, 9 months to do outdoor activities. It gets hot, but that just means the girls run around in jogging shorts and sports bras, or get dressed up in sundresses. Very active city with festivals and events every night of the week from March to November.

But youve been here 2 times so you know the whole city. :rolleyes:

The judgements passed down in this thread are exactly what you guys are bitching about. People using perception as fact, or basing it off of a pass-through visit 10 years ago. Cmon man...

Every city has it's good parts and bad parts. I made it clear that was my point. But you guys want to continue to play the "everyone hates on Buffalo" card. Thats just not true.

This is the stuff I think people get aggravated with. It very rarely snows here in October. I play alot of golf & usualy without get at least 5-6 round of golf in October & in most years I am golfing right up to Thanksgiving. So stop making sh*t up okay?

It snows almost every year at Octoberfest in Ellicotville.

Are there blizzards every year on 10/01, of course not. But the weather has started to change that early plenty of times.

Edited by DrDareustein

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem there is that the Bills have all the cap room to make them offers which "they cant refuse".

Money talks in this league. Players know they have to get as much as possible, as quickly as possible.

We'll see how loudly the Bills talked...

I'm with ya. I'm a fan too, and would like nothing more than to land Clabo and Burnett. Given the unique circumstances of this upcoming season and the cap floor it would be incredibly disappointing not to land some talent.

I just don't want to sift through 50 threads screaming for heads to roll, doom and gloom, if the Bills don't land an FA after reading 3 pages of reasons why no FA should sign with the Bills.

I'm with ya. I'm a fan too, and would like nothing more than to land Clabo and Burnett. Given the unique circumstances of this upcoming season and the cap floor it would be incredibly disappointing not to land some talent.

I just don't want to sift through 50 threads screaming for heads to roll, doom and gloom, if the Bills don't land an FA after reading 3 pages of reasons why no FA should sign with the Bills.

then just sign out of the board now. its unfortunately the norm. :thumbsup:

Edited by DrDareustein

The free agent we have signed worked with Gailey before. So guys that have played for the coaches will sign here. Beyond that, the Bills organization has a perception problem to overcome. To overcome that, we have to count on bidding a FA out of the affordability of a team strapped by cap concerns. If we get Clabo in the door, maybe others will open their eyes to the possibility of playing in Buffalo.

I bet history with a coach is pretty big until FA visits can start this week... Probably big around the league (Vikings to Seattle, breaston to kc, thigpen here). If you have to go on someone's word that it's a fit without visiting it makes sense to trust an old friend.

My guess is Clabo will wait to make his decision once he can make a visit. This is obviously a big decision for this guy and like others said probably his last big deal. You can not blame him for wanting to stay put; a nice city where his family is rooted and a good franchise.

They have?

They had to pretty much beg 2 players to decide to come play in Buffalo (Ehroff and Regher) and still overpay one of them (Ehroff). Then they had to overpay for a Winger with one good year (mostly one good playoff) to come be their big C signing this offseason. Players still aren't banging down the doors of HSBC arena to come play here, just because they have an owner willing to throw around more money then Pacman Jones at a strip club.

This "no one wants to play in Buffalo" is ridiculous. First, has anyone ever been to Green Bay, Kansas City, Oakland, Minneapolis, Detroit, Cleveland, or even Houston for that matter? Buffalo is no worse than any of these places. The real reason players are nervous about coming to Buffalo is the fact that we haven't been to the playoffs in 11 years. We've had no continuity at the top of the organization, with the coaching staff, at the QB position, and as a result haven't been successful during that time.

Second, a large percentage of NFL players are not coming from big cities. They don't have a bias against Buffalo because they are all from Chicago, NY or LA. Furthermore, most of the college campuses are in the middle of nowhere, so it's not like the players will only go to play for colleges in big cities, otherwise Boston College, Rutgers, Miami, and Northwestern would dominate year in and year out.

Bottom line is that just like a corporation, an NFL team has to display a committment to excellence otherwise the top talent will not want to play there. If you were a top executive would you want to go work for a unstable company that consistantly failed to meet expectations and was losing market share, no.

The Bills need to establish themselves as a stable, solid franchise that puts winning before all else. It'll take some time, but once that happens, we can compete with the rest of the NFL for free agent talent and the "Buffalo" stigma will be a non-issue.

I don't have a problem with what is being discussed here. I'm just hoping that since we've established that the Buffalo Bills are marginally more attractive to prospective free agents than say the Kabul Golden Kamels or the Darfur Fighting Goats, that we can forgo the inevitable outrage threads after the Bills can't get a deal done with whichever big ticket FA we are all hoping for.

In other words, since we've made the effort to lay out a bulletproof case as to why Clabo, Zach Miller and Burnett should not sign with Buffalo, can we not freak out when they don't sign with with the Bills?

You're preaching to the choir. I have no expectations, but I do hope. I want the one free agent signing to open possibilities as I said, but with this organization, the flood of FAs coming here 99.9% won't happen. Ask for just one FA signing, and Clabo makes a hell of a lot of sense. We have the money advantage. Atlanta has the home field advantage. That's what we've established. Now we wait and see.

Edited by buffaloaggie

You're preaching to the choir. I have no expectations, but I do hope. I want the one free agent signing to open possibilities as I said, but with this organization, the flood of FAs coming here 99.9% won't happen. Ask for just one FA signing, and Clabo makes a hell of a lot of sense. We have the money advantage. Atlanta has the home field advantage. That's what we've established. Now we wait and see.

Perfect summation.

I never took any shots at Buffalo. On the contrary, only responded to posts that were taking unwarranted shots at Atlanta. It always amazes me that people who stay in Buffalo have to take shots at other cities. Its almost like they have to do this to make them feel better about staying... :rolleyes:

And yes, 9 months to do outdoor activities. It gets hot, but that just means the girls run around in jogging shorts and sports bras, or get dressed up in sundresses. Very active city with festivals and events every night of the week from March to November.

But youve been here 2 times so you know the whole city. :rolleyes:

The judgements passed down in this thread are exactly what you guys are bitching about. People using perception as fact, or basing it off of a pass-through visit 10 years ago. Cmon man...

Every city has it's good parts and bad parts. I made it clear that was my point. But you guys want to continue to play the "everyone hates on Buffalo" card. Thats just not true.

It snows almost every year at Octoberfest in Ellicotville.Are there blizzards every year on 10/01, of course not. But the weather has started to change that early plenty of times.

This is what I mean about making stuff up. When I was in my 20's me & about 10 other guys always rented a nice chalet down in Elicottvile for October Fest. I think we did this for 9 years. We went golfing that weekend down in Holiday Valley Columbus Day every year but one. & yes that one year we did not go it snowed. I think there was a half inch of snow on the ground.

This is what I mean about making stuff up. When I was in my 20's me & about 10 other guys always rented a nice chalet down in Elicottvile for October Fest. I think we did this for 9 years. We went golfing that weekend down in Holiday Valley Columbus Day every year but one. & yes that one year we did not go it snowed. I think there was a half inch of snow on the ground.

1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003. Same deal, stayed down there all weekend those years. It always snowed at least one night we were there.

So there.

Again, I already said it doesnt blizzard. But the weather does indeed start to change that early in the year.

Its not a major deal, but dont say Im "making stuff up" when it actually happens.

1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003. Same deal, stayed down there all weekend those years. It always snowed at least one night we were there.

So there.

Again, I already said it doesnt blizzard. But the weather does indeed start to change that early in the year.

Its not a major deal, but dont say Im "making stuff up" when it actually happens.

Alright, well I have been at Octoberfest when it has been 82 degrees there & we in shorts & t-shirts at the beer tent all day Saturday. Just on that Monday night a few years ago the Bills played the Cowboys on Octoberfest weekend & game time temperature was 75 degrees. Did it snow in Elicottville that year??? Maybe you just had bad luck but the average high in Eville first week in October is 59 degrees so I highly doubt it snows there most years as you indicated.

Alright, well I have been at Octoberfest when it has been 82 degrees there & we in shorts & t-shirts at the beer tent all day Saturday. Just on that Monday night a few years ago the Bills played the Cowboys on Octoberfest weekend & game time temperature was 75 degrees. Did it snow in Elicottville that year??? Maybe you just had bad luck but the average high in Eville first week in October is 59 degrees so I highly doubt it snows there most years as you indicated.

Just cant admit that we might both have valid points, huh? ok dude :rolleyes:

Why wouldn't you want to play in Buffalo? It's a great place to play football. You can go play in cities in the offseason and during bye weeks. Bills fans are the best in the world. We never stop.

100% true, if i was Clabo i will be on my way to Buffalo. I lived in Buffalo for 15yrs and i love it. We have the best places to eat and the most passionate fans in the NFL. Its a great place to play especially if you are family man, and from what i hear Clabo is a family man.. LETS GO BILLS

'Highly doubt' all you want. It snows in October most every year in WNY. Ask any local High School football player if he's played in a snow game.

Yeesh.