Bills to install A-Turf field

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we're in for blue end zones now. I'd say that's a step forward.

Oh dear! The defense won't see our receivers in the end zone! Wouldn't this be unfair? I'll go ask the Boise State Broncos...

Normally, selling pieces of the old field to fans might be a nice gesture and even be a little income to the county to offset what they spend on RWS. (I'm assuming the county owns the old turf --- they paid for it).

However, in this case with a decade of failure on that turf, I just don't think it'd be pulling in a lot of buyers.

A first for the NFL. Nice to see a season ticket holder get the project.

Before the Ralph is cheap talk starts this is a County project.

link

That's a great story. The guy is a long time Bills fan and is now doing the new turf for the Ralph. His company is making a top notch product too.

A first for the NFL. Nice to see a season ticket holder get the project.

Before the Ralph is cheap talk starts this is a County project.

link

Good luck with the new turf.

BTW, Ralph isn't cheap, but he makes really bad decisions (with his money). Ask Chris Kelsay if Ralph is cheap. Not cheap, but not smart.

Wonder if he is related to Dick Dobmeier, who was a spotter for Bills radio broadcasts for years.

(The name sticks in my head from hearing Van Miller say it every week, along with Dr. Ed Gisevic... I know, I'm old and weird.)

LMAO! , thought the same thing!

Wonder if he is related to Dick Dobmeier, who was a spotter for Bills radio broadcasts for years.

(The name sticks in my head from hearing Van Miller say it every week, along with Dr. Ed Gisevic... I know, I'm old and weird.)

Wasn't it Dick Rifenburg? Van, Stan, and Rife!!

Wasn't it Dick Rifenburg? Van, Stan, and Rife!!

yea, at one point it was, ahh! the good old days! "rife" was actually a college end out of michigan, believed he caught a pass in the rose bowl in the forties. he was all substance and no pazazz!, would never last today!.. sure miss his style!

Edited by dwight in philly

(The name sticks in my head from hearing Van Miller say it every week, along with Dr. Ed Gisevic...I know, I'm old and weird.)

I was wondering if he's any relation to my 2nd Grade teacher from Grand Island, Linda Dobmeier. She taught my sister, brother, & me years ago and was the favorite teacher of all three of us. My sister still keeps in touch with her so I'm going to try and find out if Jim is related to Linda. That would be wild. Either way, I'm glad a local guy got the contract. Very cool.

BTW, I noticed the blue endzones in the pic, too. My first thought was that must have to do with the uni changes but would they have let a bidder in on that? I doubt it. More likely, it's just his vision of how the field would look.