Bills to install A-Turf field

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm slightly confused about the last two pics I've seen. The first one the green was really bright green and now it looks like the old green turf. I wouldn't think the color would have faded that fast so let me know what I'm missing. :unsure:

Again, what's wrong with the color of the wall? I like it. Why waste any money, much less the taxpayers' money, to change it?

I was responding to a question. Personally I agree with you. I see no reason to change the wall color.

I think it adds some contrast. If someone wants it painted let them pay for it although I'm sure much like the field it would be a county maintenance issue.

At HSBC Arena I'm sure the ugly reddish color wall will be painted because the owner doesn't like it and the owner is more than willing to pay to change it. He's a different kind of owner though.

Oh, p.s. I think the new field looks f'n sweet :thumbsup:

Edited by beerme1

I was responding to a question. Personally I agree with you. I see no reason to change the wall color.

I think it adds some contrast. If someone wants it painted let them pay for it although I'm sure much like the field it would be a county maintenance issue.

At HSBC Arena I'm sure the ugly reddish color wall will be painted because the owner doesn't like it and the owner is more than willing to pay to change it. He's a different kind of owner though.

Oh, p.s. I think the new field looks f'n sweet :thumbsup:

IINM, I believe that the sideline wall is plushed padding... probably some kind of vinyl/plastic coating. (Think the type of stuff that... who was it? Mark Brunell? Anyway, a Redskins QB who was celebrating a TD and he went over, headbutted the wall (that had minimal padding) and promptly reeled backward and fell ass over teakettle, and concussed himself. :lol: Oh, wait. :mellow:

Doubtful it's the kind of thing that's painted rather than replaced.

On edit: And if you look in certain spots in the large-file photo eball linked to, there are sections where the "wall" is wavy so as to suggest it's a thin veneer of vinyl/plastic signage. That stuff doesn't cost terribly much, and needs fairly frequent replacement anyway.

Edited by UConn James

IINM, I believe that the sideline wall is plushed padding... probably some kind of vinyl/plastic coating. (Think the type of stuff that... who was it? Mark Brunell? Anyway, a Redskins QB who was celebrating a TD and he went over, headbutted the wall (that had minimal padding) and promptly reeled backward and fell ass over teakettle, and concussed himself. :lol: Oh, wait. :mellow:

Doubtful it's the kind of thing that's painted rather than replaced.

On edit: And if you look in certain spots in the large-file photo eball linked to, there are sections where the "wall" is wavy so as to suggest it's a thin veneer of vinyl/plastic signage. That stuff doesn't cost terribly much, and needs fairly frequent replacement anyway.

Gus Frerotte. One of the all-time bonehead maneuvers in pro football.