Fox news says Bin Laden is dead!

Steve O

:huh: I don't see anything there except a recounting that Osama was killed in the compound near Islamabad and that no US troops were injured. Was there something particular in there that merited the :doh: ?

Because of my post, a few back I said everything I've been reading that they were not informed.

CNN's Nick Paton Walsh reports, citing a senior Pakistani intelligence official, that members of Pakistan's intelligence service - the ISI - were on site in Abbotabad, Pakistan, during the operation that killed Osama bin Laden. The official said he did not know who fired the shot that actually killed Bin Laden.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because of my post, a few back I said everything I've been reading that they were not informed.

CNN's Nick Paton Walsh reports, citing a senior Pakistani intelligence official, that members of Pakistan's intelligence service - the ISI - were on site in Abbotabad, Pakistan, during the operation that killed Osama bin Laden. The official said he did not know who fired the shot that actually killed Bin Laden.

Thanks for the clarification.

One thing we can all agree on...we should all be very proud of our US military people today! Actually I guess we should all be proud of them every day.

Somewhere out there, there's a couple of chiefs in charge of maintaining the helicopters that flew the mission, without whom the mission never would have flown. Their input was easily as important as the SEALs who went in. They'll never get the credit or recognition for it. And so on, down the line...easily dozens if not hundreds of people contributed, without even knowing what they were contributing to, and without whom the mission fails.

That's who deserves the credit. There is a world of difference - not just in the military - between the guys who do the work and the guys who get elected for giving pretty speeches.

I hope they bulldoze the compound in short order, too. And then lay a minefield; it's going to be a goddamned shrine for every jihadist to pilgramage to.

One report I heard, think it was CNN, said the Seals burned it down before leaving.

What is the official date of death? My father was a child and always said he got the best birthday present: "Hitler's death on April 30th, 1945." Was it the 30th, 1st, or the 2nd?

Any coincidence they purposedly chose this date around the 30th?

Somewhere out there, there's a couple of chiefs in charge of maintaining the helicopters that flew the mission, without whom the mission never would have flown. Their input was easily as important as the SEALs who went in. They'll never get the credit or recognition for it. And so on, down the line...easily dozens if not hundreds of people contributed, without even knowing what they were contributing to, and without whom the mission fails.

That's who deserves the credit. There is a world of difference - not just in the military - between the guys who do the work and the guys who get elected for giving pretty speeches.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :worthy: :worthy:

Such is life. Well said.

Through ballistics there is a way to figure out what guy shot him. There is a guy somewhere...that put a bullet in Bin Laden. sick.

I would think they would keep that hushed up, not even telling the actual soldier/op... No? Would it be a "safety issue?" Like when the radicals put a bounty on Salman Rushdie. Why risk the "bragging.' It is unbecoming anyway.

I believe this is the third or fourth time they've reported it, though.

Stopped clock, and all. Kind of like saying "The Lions will win this weekend" every week, eventually you'll be right.

:lol:

I would think they would keep that hushed up, not even telling the actual soldier/op... No? Would it be a "safety issue?" Like when the radicals put a bounty on Salman Rushdie. Why risk the "bragging.' It is unbecoming anyway.

The guy who shot him knows exactly who he is. But since these guys are a part of an elite military unit, that's not an issue to them. They did it as a team. There's plenty of value to the american public if they were to find out the individual, but that's not going to happen.

The guy who shot him knows exactly who he is. But since these guys are a part of an elite military unit, that's not an issue to them. They did it as a team. There's plenty of value to the american public if they were to find out the individual, but that's not going to happen.

Ahhh, you beat me to it. Yup, the guy who put him down knows it. I expect a book in the future. Would be crazy not to write a book about it. I would read it, probably several times.

Just a friendly reminder to our posters that this is NOT a political thread.

If you feel the need to inject politics into the discussion, please feel free to use TBD's Politics board.

I asked nicely and the result was that I just had to go through this thread and remove no less than 26 different political posts.

The time for asking nicely has apparently ended.

The next person who injects their partisan idiocy into this thread is going on an extended vacation, along with anybody who responds in kind.

I asked nicely and the result was that I just had to go through this thread and remove no less than 26 different political posts.

The time for asking nicely has apparently ended.

The next person who injects their partisan idiocy into this thread is going on an extended vacation, along with anybody who responds in kind.

No need, I'll just leave. Some of your deletions were patently ridiculous.

No need, I'll just leave. Some of your deletions were patently ridiculous.

fwiw, you weren't one of the primary culprits and I assume that anything of yours that was deleted was because it was in response to some comment about Bush or Obama or Fox or MSNBC or whatever.

I'm not going to waste my time parsing every single post after I politely requested some self-restraint. I simply cleaned up whatever I saw that contained any of those key words.

Wouldn't it have been easier to just move the threat to PPP?

There's already one there and I assume there's a few people who might like to discuss the situation over here w/o our partisan fanatics trying to take it over.

And I wouldn't actually consider it a "threat". :D

There's already one there and I assume there's a few people who might like to discuss the situation over here w/o our partisan fanatics trying to take it over.

And I wouldn't actually consider it a "threat". :D

You're reminding me of the school teacher that took away our squirt guns on the first real hot day of the year. :angry:

His body should be left swinging from the Statue of Liberty for at least a day. Kudos to the group that finally brought justice to the bas****s doorstep.

Or do it old school, lock it in an iron cage outside the pentagon and let the birds pick at the carcass. Fair warning to Muslim nutjobs the world over.

Well overall it is a good thing to have the guy gone, but there are people lined up to take his place and we ought to put effort into getting them as soon as possible. This is the thing we should be doing, going after the criminals and rooting them out no matter where they are.

I can live with the dancing in the streets as long as we get down to business and keep after the terrorists.

WHOA WHOA WHOA STOP RIGHT NOW

I never said that two were equal in what they do. Only that they play the same role within their respective "communities".

Dont read a bunch of BS into my post. Thanks.

I get your original point, although maybe if you had said we killed their "Che Guevara", might have been a bit more accurate?