Round 7 (Pick 245): DT Michael Jasper - Bethel (TN)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mount Jasper

JASPER the GIANT!!!

Teddy was the mount

Jasper is the Giant

Let's hope that we can develop this guy and he makes the roster, at the very least the practice squad. I also like the idea of short yardage fullback. Ill even give him a carry every now in then. This guy should get a yard that's 6pts on the board.

http://buffalowdown.com/files/2011/04/michaeljasper.jpg

It's so ridiculous, that it looks photoshopped.

Look at the his teammates number (87) and compare it to Jasper's 69. I know one is the front of the jersey, and the other is the back, but I would think they would be the same size. It's out of hand!

Edited by Matthews' Bag

I really like how Buddy jokes about his size in that article.

Bills scouts asked Jasper to get below 400 pounds, and he trimmed down to 375.

"He's drying up to nothing," Bills general manager Buddy Nix cracked.

"We're going to see if he can play. Coach [Chan Gailey] can tell you what we're going to do with him.

"Besides feed him, I guess."

JASPER the GIANT!!!

Teddy was the mount

Jasper is the Giant

Let's hope that we can develop this guy and he makes the roster, at the very least the practice squad. I also like the idea of short yardage fullback. Ill even give him a carry every now in then. This guy should get a yard that's 6pts on the board.

Mr. Universe!

He's a 7th round pick, if he's able to make it on the field for 15 plays a game they got good value out of the pick.

That's 405lbs he's putting up at the end of the video.

Yes. When I first saw it yesterday I thought it was the 225 that is the Combine standard. I got a bit concerned that he just did five.

On his pro day workout posted on his website he pops nearly 35 with 225. The kid ain't weak.

I like him a ton more than Terrance Cody. He's as big, fitter and a lot more hungry.

Go Bills!

I'm really intrigued by this mountain of a man. If he pans out, our defense will be TOPS. ANYWAY, I found this posted on Buffalorumblings from a person who supposedly has a son & nephew that know Jasper personally. Listen to his description of Jasper:

"Great guy, tireless worker, listens and uses all the instructions from some former NFL players. Plays hurt, plays to the whistle, doesn't tire (that big who would have thought he might not need a play or two off) and pushes his teammates on the field and in the weight room."

I'm giddy right now. This is just what we need!

Edited by saundena

I love the size and athleticism of Jasper, but can't imagine with his small school coaching and change of positions he'd possibly be ready to play at all this year. So, do we tie up a roster spot with him? Do we really have enough space for that luxury? Do we try to put him on the PS for a year or two and hope he isn't signed away if he shows anything?

I'd love to see us use him as a (now-mini, 2-person) wedge-buster on kickoffs like we did with Jason Peters in the begining. Now that was fun to watch!

If anyone can find any footage of him actually playing football (at any position), please post it!

This dudes size is impressive. I know he's 390 and moves well, but I wonder if it would be better for him to stay this heavy or drop 30 lbs?

He dropped 75 pounds already for his Pro Day. He played Sr. year at 465-475.

Edited by Astrobot