Round 1 (Pick #3): DT Marcell Dareus - University of Alabama

SDS

Couldn't be happier with this pick...Go Bills!

I guess the team is serious about the hybrid too, think about it:

Dareus-Williams-Edwards

Dareus-Troup-Williams

Dareus-Troup-Williams-Edwards

Williams-Dareus-Troup-Edwards

Carrington-Dareus-Williams-Edwards

etc.

And throw Kelsey and Johnson into the mix and all of a sudden the coaches have a ton

of options, for every scenario, and to keep offenses guessing. If Troup and Carrington

come on in their second year, we could have quite a D-line.

And I Love that we got a guy who's mean, aggressive, and nasty--on the field, but not off.

Welcome to Buffalo Big Man!

This was definitely best case scenario for the Bills. Now let's kill the rest of the draft.

Get 'er done Buddy!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the pick (I think he was the best player in the draft) but come on - most of us could have made this pick and we know virtually nothing. I need to see some winning seasons before I start giving him that kind of praise.

Actually.....no......Nix could have gone in other directions that would have made me throw my TV into the street

- He could have taken Blaine Gabbert.....who ended up falling

- He could have traded down to someone wanting to take Gabbert or even Marcell.....and not take a blue chipper that would be so vital to the defense like Marcell will be

- He could have taken the cornerback peterson......and foolishly thought that a lock down corner would help this team more then a foundation setter like Marcel Darius

- And he could have gotten cute and though the best player available was a wide receiver in Green or Jones

So yes.....there is several ways he could have screwed up this pick......he could have decided that there would be a quality DT/DE in the SECOND round and rolled the dice at another position......several ways he could have screwed up this pick.....

But he didnt........he stayed true to what he said he was going to do and get bigger and stronger players......

Nix is the friggen man

Hmmmm you do know this was allready posted before AND even reposted before (same page as this thread) plus you posted a restircted youtube vid (ie cant see it outside of the US. Ouside US link: http://www.cbssports...gs/TSX/2011_OLB

Edit: hmm that comes out a bit more harsh then I meant it to be... blame it on me getting only 4 hours of sleep due to having watched the draft... :\

Edited by bladiebla

we came away with exactly what we needed - DAREUS!!!! I have been waiting over 10 years for a 1st round like this!!!! So pumped. I am very happy Von Miller went to Denver, I didnt have faith he could play in a 3-4 like he did in college. He seems like a real good person and I think he will have tons of success in Denvers new 4-3. Maybe like Coach Fox's new Jon Beason. So pumped about round 1, please no head scratchers round 2, and a bit disappointed Carpenter went so high, but GO BILLS!

I also think its very very telling that Harbaugh and Shanny, two very good QB people, passed on Gabbert. To me that indicates bust.

Edited by Thoner7

Smart pick - they made the right move once Miller was off the board. As soon as I saw Newton picked, I was content. The only thing that would have bothered me was if they picked AJ Green...someone they don't need. The Bills FINALLY picked a position of need (not that it was hard) and seemed to go with the best guy available.

Paging Mr. Brady...Mr. Tom Brady...a beast of a lineman is coming.

Epic win. So glad he fell to us. Exactly the guy we need to start turning it around on defense.

Did anyone else catch something Nix said about scenarios at #3? "We wanted to take the best player in a position that we needed." So glad to hear that, particularly after the Spiller pick last year, when the rhetoric was more along the lines of "best player regardless of position."

In this case, best player regardless of position also happened to fill our biggest need (and help with another major need), but I think that quote of Nix's bodes very well for the rest of the draft. Let's keep it rolling!