I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

The irony of Skyler of course is that while Walt has destroyed the lives of everyone important to him in the name of 'doing it for his family', all along it's been Skyler who really put family first. She didn't need money to be happy; she would have struggled through Walt's cancer and done whatever it took to keep the family together.

I stand by my earlier prediction. The tragedy will be Walt (and maybe even Jesse) end up alone. Everyone that matters to them is dead.

I think the fact that they both stood in front of the tombstones while they were leaving for a new life was the sign.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I stand by my earlier prediction. The tragedy will be Walt (and maybe even Jesse) end up alone. Everyone that matters to them is dead.

I think the fact that they both stood in front of the tombstones while they were leaving for a new life was the sign.

Could be....I'm almost scared to think what two more packed episodes similar to the last two could bring.... I may need to watch the last two again tonight.

what tombstones??? i don't remember that

what tombstones??? i don't remember that

If you look at the backdrop of the meeting point for the "vacuum cleaner" when both Walt and Jesse leave for new lives, the wall behind them clearly looks like a bunch of tombstones.

To me this show is as much Jesse's tragedy as it is Walt. Walt is the devil, Jesse is the servant. I think they both will live the rest of their lives a la Michael Corleone in GF3.

You're using a bunch of examples from the last episode to justify people hating her since Day 1. That doesn't hold water.

I never understood the Skyler hate either, other than the standard macho "how dare she express an opinion of her own" mentality. Despite the bumps in the road, she's stayed with him and become his partner in crime. And she's a hell of a lot more reliable than Jesse.

I'm not trying to justify those who always hated her. Where she lost my sympathy was when she screwed her boss and then threw it back at Walt to hurt him. Plus, as you say she became his partner in crime and got her wish to buy the car wash. He quit the business and just wanted to move on, but others wouldn't let it go and that threatened him and his family. Hank wasn't acting as a cop, he wanted personal revenge for being fooled. So in the end it's reasonable to dislike Skyler for turning on him when he needs her the most.

And of course in the end it's just a tv show, so we can agree to disagree.

To me this show is as much Jesse's tragedy as it is Walt. Walt is the devil, Jesse is the servant. I think they both will live the rest of their lives a la Michael Corleone in GF3.

What if they both end up captives of the AB/Lydia and forced to cook together in a new high tech lab......fade to black.

I think Walt knew exactly what he was doing when he and Skylar were on the phone. He wanted to absolve Skylar of any potential guilt in the eyes of the police. He said something about her not really knowing what he did. He knew his family was gone forever at this point and did the last thing he could to protect the mother of his children.

Just my two cents.

I think Walt knew exactly what he was doing when he and Skylar were on the phone. He wanted to absolve Skylar of any potential guilt in the eyes of the police. He said something about her not really knowing what he did. He knew his family was gone forever at this point and did the last thing he could to protect the mother of his children.

Just my two cents.

Yeah, I think you are on to something there...

Just my two cents.

Wasn't that crystal clear? He's in tears and can barely talk. He drops off the baby. He's never been the guy on the phone. Etc.

looks like the final episodes will be extra long....check your dvr settings so you aren't left with nothing

http://www.rollingst...a-long-20130918

Nice, I love this idea. That's one thing about Sons of Anarchy that I really like...often times Sutter will write for a 90 minute episode and it just seems to be a better "fix" for the week. An hour just isn't enough to hold you over for the week when it's a show you are really into, IMO...at least not on the networks since you only end up with about 42 minutes of show.

That's pretty much my prediction as well. Walt ends up alone with a ton of cash that doesn't mean anything without family..

Pic from the "leaving for a new life" scene...

http://www.tv.com/sh...y-137727651543/

Wasn't that crystal clear? He's in tears and can barely talk. He drops off the baby. He's never been the guy on the phone. Etc.

"Crystal" clear, I like that! And yes, they made it as obvious as they could with him holding back tears. Walt would never talk like that if he didn't know the police were listening, made it sound like Skylar had no choice, but to listen to Walt and do whatever he said. There's very little Walt says or does that isn't calculated.

Edited by ricojes

All I know is if the show ends with a journey song I'm calling Vince Gilligan and telling him to go !@#$ himself.

If I am not mistaken, there was a Journey song playing (can't remember which one) in the backround of one of the scenes from last weeks' episode. I know Gilligan was a big Sops fan...so you never know....