I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

Like he said, he has things left to do. He's coming back for the Aryan Brotherhood. That's his sole motivation right now.

But if one thing is clear, it's that I have NO FRIGGEN CLUE where Gilligan is taking these characters.

No telling what Walt will do, it seems. However, I just can't see what they point of him going after the AB would be at this point...he knows his wife and kids are going to be under the eyes of law enforcement...he can't go and kill a bunch of AB guys, steal his 70 million back, and give it to his family. He can't, out of remorse, try to pay Marie off...

Unless he just simply wants revenge, plain and simple, it just doesn't make sense. Of course that doesn't mean it won't happen.. We know Walt does not take kindly to being "disrespeceted" or taken advantage of (the AB guys pretty much mentally raped him in the desert), so revenge could be it. But normally, when Walt does something, it is to prevent one thing or another, from happening. He is nornally one step ahead of everyone. So, going after the AB guys, for me, just doesn't make that much sense...it would only make things worse for his family. And, from the phone call to Sklar, it is pretty obvious that he is still thinking of his family, and trying to minimize, as much as possible, the damage to them. He was trying to get Skylar off the hook, knowing the police were listening.

Edited by Buftex

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like he said, he has things left to do. He's coming back for the Aryan Brotherhood. That's his sole motivation right now.

But if one thing is clear, it's that I have NO FRIGGEN CLUE where Gilligan is taking these characters.

It's too early to tell, it could be getting his family back. But at this point the unfinished business may very well be the Brotherhood. But there's no way Walt takes them down by himself. As ruthless as Heisenberg is, he still is pretty much a wimp. He got his ass kicked several times by Jesse who weighs about 110 soaking wet and he's no master with a weapon. His strength is strategy, so he won't take them down with violence, he'll have some sort of plan for them to self destruct or turn on one another. Either way, I am looking forward to two more Sundays of the Bills winning, followed by Breaking Bad!!!

Edited by ricojes

The pants!!!

Perfect little throw in to the whole tie back from the first episode to this one.

Not obessessing over Bryan Cranstons pants, but I noticed a few times in the last few episodes where Walt is wearing his tan pants, and then darker pants in the next scene...and then back to tan. I was going to mention it, but figured it was too silly to bring up. I was wondering, being as meticulous as the show was, how they could have continuity issues like that, unless there was a specific reason for it. I noticed it a few episodes back...though I wasn't exactly sure if they were implying that enough time had passed in the event of things, that Walt would have changed.

This show is a true tragedy and the greatest tragedy of them all is that everyone dies except for the person who caused all of this.

I agree...I don't think Jesse will make it. I think, on some sense, that it is what fans would like to see happen (most have come to like Jesse, and he is certainly more sympathetic than Walt..he has sort of become the de-facto "good-guy"), but I don't get the sense that Giligan and co. are going to spare us, or give us a "Hollywood ending". The lesson will be, "crime, in fact, does not pay...it just ruins a bunch of lives"

Edited by Buftex

There's no way he harms Skylar. She may not be in his corner anymore, but she's hasn't harmed him and isn't an obstacle to his next goal (whatever that is).

In contrast, Jesse set him up and by extention cost Hank his life. That is turning on Walt, which is why I think the ricin is still headed Jesse's way.

There's no way he harms Skylar. She may not be in his corner anymore, but she's hasn't harmed him and isn't an obstacle to his next goal (whatever that is).

In contrast, Jesse set him up and by extention cost Hank his life. That is turning on Walt, which is why I think the ricin is still headed Jesse's way.

He also martyred himself during the phone call.

He also martyred himself during the phone call.

He sure did. He knew the police were listening in. That's why he said he and he alone was responsible for everything, to clear Skylar of any wrong doing.

In the real world though Skylar would definitely be in deep trouble with the law. She had knowledge of her husband's criminal activity and she laundered money. No way she would get away unscathed.

Edited by NoJustice

He sure did. He knew the police were listening in. That's why he said he and he alone was responsible for everything, to clear Skylar of any wrong doing.

In the real world though Skylar would definitely be in deep trouble with the law. She had knowledge of her husband's criminal activity and she laundered money. No way she would get away unscathed.

At the threat of violence? She would probably get a slap on the wrist.

Maybe a lawyer/police officer could chime in?

I'm not saying Walt will harm Skyler, but I won't shed tears if someone else does it.

Another possibility for the ricin, Walt uses it to contaminate the Blue, it's users die, and it loses its appeal and its market dries up. That way he and maybe Jessie are left alone.

Edited by PastaJoe

You guys will know what I mean when I say that I don't ever want to re-watch this episode again.

The one scene that will really stay with me is when Walt literally transformed from Walter White into Heisenberg in the moments following Hank's demise.

High drama indeed. That was a Kafkaesque metamorphosis in real time.

Hank crushed him back to being WW. Then in a twinkling of Gilligan magic he transformed into the devil - Heisenberg.

Edited by Nanker

yeah in some perverse way, i am still rooting for walt

and as awesome as this show has been...how incredible an 'acting' job did they do with that baby yesterday...holy crap....everything about this show absolutely rocks

I'm still rooting for Walt to be the last man standing, especially after Skyler turned on him. She needs to go.

Edited by The Poojer