I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

Hank, Marie, and Skyler all breaking bad last night. Meanwhile Walt was trying not to.

I loved the cinematography in that scene in the square near the end. When Jesse calls from the pay phone, he is clearly the one in control of the situation. Meanwhile Walt is out in the open, alone and exposed

Great observation about the scene in the open plaza. The camera angle looking up at Jesse on the phone clearly indicating he is in charge and he's the "one that knocks."

Did we actually see Jesse drink from the DEA cup?

A solid 4 for 4 in the second half of season 5. God, I will miss this show.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Solid table setting episode. I will say, for the first time, I could tell two of the events before they happened. I knew that Hank would take Jesse to his home and that the bald guy at the plaza wasn't hired muscle. Other than that...loved it. Anyone else think that Jesse lifted the tape out of the camera? My guess is Jesse finds a way to get Walt's gps to lead him to the buried $$$.

But who knows....that's why I love this show. As it's been posted by K-9...."God, i will miss this show"

Solid table setting episode. I will say, for the first time, I could tell two of the events before they happened. I knew that Hank would take Jesse to his home and that the bald guy at the plaza wasn't hired muscle. Other than that...loved it. Anyone else think that Jesse lifted the tape out of the camera? My guess is Jesse finds a way to get Walt's gps to lead him to the buried $$$.

But who knows....that's why I love this show. As it's been posted by K-9...."God, i will miss this show"

It is funny, I was kind of the same way... I am normally wrong on all predictions for this show, but I did feel (only after last week) that Jesse and Hank would somehow be working together to take Walter down. I didn't necessarily think Hank would take Jesse to his house... let me ask, the buried money theory is a good one (Jessie does say he knows a "better way" to get Mr White, and money is the root of all this evil), but what makes you think Jesse took the tape? I did find it odd (maybe something went right over my head...I didn't see Uhl take Jesses dope until re-watching last weeks show yesterday, before the new one was on) when, after his video confession, Jesse asks if it "okay to go to the bathroom"? It seemed a bit of a mundane thing to throw into the middle of such a complex story thread...just like Jesse bumping in to Uhl on the way out the door last week....did I miss something again last night?

It is funny, I was kind of the same way... I am normally wrong on all predictions for this show, but I did feel (only after last week) that Jesse and Hank would somehow be working together to take Walter down. I didn't necessarily think Hank would take Jesse to his house... let me ask, the buried money theory is a good one (Jessie does say he knows a "better way" to get Mr White, and money is the root of all this evil), but what makes you think Jesse took the tape? I did find it odd (maybe something went right over my head...I didn't see Uhl take Jesses dope until re-watching last weeks show yesterday, before the new one was on) when, after his video confession, Jesse asks if it "okay to go to the bathroom"? It seemed a bit of a mundane thing to throw into the middle of such a complex story thread...just like Jesse bumping in to Uhl on the way out the door last week....did I miss something again last night?

I don't think that call to Todd was to kill Jesse. Just my usually wrong opinion.

the bald guy at the plaza wasn't hired muscle.

The bald guy at the plaza gave me a serious wtf moment. I thought it was the dude from Pawn Stars :lol:

Anyone else think that Jesse lifted the tape out of the camera?

That's what I thought, and when Jesse was in the bathroom Hank asked Gomez about another SD Card...

let me ask, the buried money theory is a good one (Jessie does say he knows a "better way" to get Mr White, and money is the root of all this evil),

The money is definitely a good way to get at Walt. But so is getting to Junior...

It seemed a bit of a mundane thing to throw into the middle of such a complex story thread...just like Jesse bumping in to Uhl on the way out the door last week....did I miss something again last night?

Another little mundane thing, when Walt and Saul are talking Saul's guy says he tapped Skinny Pete and all he did was talk about Babylon 5 for three hours. I think I mentioned this earlier, but Cranston had a one episode role on B5. Is this just a nod to one of BC's past roles, and if so why not go with a better known role like Malcom In the Middle or the Anti-Dentite from Seinfeld? Why did they mention the show where Bryan Cranston goes on a suicide mission...

Hank, Marie, and Skyler all breaking bad last night.

Yup; I commented on that to my wife watching the episode. Just another example of how great this show is ending -- he has everyone going to the dark side.

I was pretty surprised when Hank showed up at the house to stop Jesse but also knew he couldn't just take him in. I also had a strong hunch that Jesse wasn't going to go through with the meeting with Walt. I love that he called him and laid his cards on the table. The battle lines have been drawn! Which begs the question: who are you rooting for in these final episodes? Walt, Hank and/or Jesse?

The bald guy at the plaza gave me a serious wtf moment. I thought it was the dude from Pawn Stars :lol:

That's what I thought, and when Jesse was in the bathroom Hank asked Gomez about another SD Card...

The money is definitely a good way to get at Walt. But so is getting to Junior...

I thought it was the guy from Pawn Stars too! :lol:

Are we sure it wasn't? There is always stunt casting going on in these shows...

I do remember Hank asking about the SD card now that you mention it. Good catch! As somebody observed, earlier in the thread (AJ I think) there is not a lot of unnecessary filler on this show...everything means something....very concise writing.

I hear you about "getting to Junior"... but Jesse seems to have a bit of a moral compass, and hurting innocent people seems to be where he draws the line with Mr White. I can't see him going after Walts' children...who know though...the moral compass for every character that Walt comes into contact with seems to go haywire at some point...he finally got to Skylar, and was pointed out, Hank and Marie as well...

Some food for thought while making predictions: I heard Ana Gunn being interviewed and without divulging secrets she said, in the end, "everyone gets what they deserve"... I wonder what that means. You would assume Walt goes out in a blaze of gun-fire...

My guess is Jesse finds a way to get Walt's gps to lead him to the buried $$$.

I may not be remembering correctly, but didn't walt convert the GPS coordinates into lotto numbers and put the lotto ticket on his fridge? And then destroy the GPS he used?

Everyone!

And no-one!

The next 4 weeks are going to be one helluva ride :beer:

I know just what you mean!

I may not be remembering correctly, but didn't walt convert the GPS coordinates into lotto numbers and put the lotto ticket on his fridge? And then destroy the GPS he used?

Yup. He smashed the GPS device on the rock. Coordinates are on the lotto ticket....which Jesse almost burned up! :o

I just thought they way they framed the scene that Jesse lifted the tape. Hank and Gomez going outside to talk w/ Jesse sitting at the table w/ the camera...."Can I use the bathroom?" As, it's been stated here, the writing is super sharp w/ no room for filler. But who knows w/ this show.

AJ- you're right about the GPS coordinates being in the form of the lottery ticket. That being said, I still think Jesse finds a way to get to the $$$.

BTW- Favorite line is when Jesse is trying to explain to Hank and Gomie what they're up against "You two are just guys....Mr. White....he's the devil" lol

who are you rooting for in these final episodes? Walt, Hank and/or Jesse?

My wife asked me how I wanted to show to end and I had no response. I honestly don't know how I want this thing to end. Should Hank get Walt? Should Walt and family get out of this mess unharmed? Should Jesse be the one responsible for the demise of Heisenberg? I don't even know what I want. I guess that's what's great about this show, who's the bad guy? Who's a good guy? What define's a good or bad guy? Just looking forward to Sunday, the Bills and Breaking Bad!!!!!

This has probably been posted in one of these 57 pages, but I love the first sentence as it relates to the show...

Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle

One of the biggest problems with quantum experiments is the seemingly unavoidable tendency of humans to influence the situati­on and velocity of small particles.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/science-questions/quantum-suicide2.htm

Edited by ricojes

Episode titles always tip off major plot developments (and sometimes have double meaning, like Face Off or Dead Freight)

The upcoming episodes...

To'hajiilee - Indian Reservation where Walt and Jesse made their first cook. It's where it all started, is this where it all ends? Also where Walt buried his lewt.

Ozymandias - A poem about the inevitable decline of leaders and empires

Granite State - Nickname for New Hampshire. We already know from S5E1 flashforward that Walt has a fake ID from NH

Felina - Small cats? Lingere?

So some most likely incorrect speculation, but ...

To'hajiilee will be the showdown between Walt and Jesse. Walt is not in control of the situation and is calling in the Aryan Brotherhood for backup. Things get messy...

Ozymandias is the abrupt collapse of Walt's empire stemming from his showdown with Jesse. Walt comes to regret his association with the AB. Saul's guy gets Walt out of town. Todd's not a very good cook, even an imprisoned Jesse is better

Granite State is where Walt ends up trying to escape, but the AB tracks him down and takes Skylar/Junior/Holly.

Felina - Walt goes full Heisenberg plotting Hank and the AB against each other. Walt discovers Jesse is still alive and being forced to cook. Walt realizes he can't save Jesse and retrives the Ricin for an Old Yeller moment. One of the descriptions of Breaking Bad has been turning Mr Chips into Scarface. At the end of Scarface, Pacino kills his partner/friend. And Walt's M60? That will be for his own Say Hello to My Little Friend finale