I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My wife asked me how I wanted to show to end and I had no response. I honestly don't know how I want this thing to end. Should Hank get Walt? Should Walt and family get out of this mess unharmed? Should Jesse be the one responsible for the demise of Heisenberg? I don't even know what I want. I guess that's what's great about this show, who's the bad guy? Who's a good guy? What define's a good or bad guy? Just looking forward to Sunday, the Bills and Breaking Bad!!!!!

Walt as the ultimate anti-hero... for me, I stopped pulling for him a while ago. Part of what makes this show fascinating (and daring) is that Walt has transformed so far from anyone I can relate too, or have sympathy for. I think, initially, Walts predicament, and our empathy for his character is what draws us in to the story... now I look forward to seeing him get what he deserves...if indeed that happens. If he doesn't though, I am still going to enjoy the hell out of it... Tony Soprano (for me, the greatest tv character of all time) was pretty ruthless too, but I always wanted him to come out on top in the end... Walter, not so much.

What makes Walt so vile is the apparent ease with which he can justify whatever ****ty thing he does, so he can sleep at night...Soprano at his worst, resorted to violence, which almost seems quaint to Walt's apparent mastery of manipulation and psychological terrorism. One of the greatest scenes of this current season (maybe the history of the show?) came two episodes ago, when Jesse really puts Mr White in his place...they are out in the desert, Walt trying to convince Jesse to go into Saul's "witness protection" program..."just stop playing me, for like 10 minutes.." great scene. When Walt sits with Jesse and tries to convince him he didn't kill Mike, Walt keeps saying "Jesse, I need you to believe this"... losing Jesse, for Walt, is like the death of Walter White...

I think, almost in the end, the reason Walt is so adamant that he would never kill Jesse is not so much some deep pity, or empathy for Jesse... it is more that Jesse has seen Walt at his very worst, and was always his loyal soldier, no matter how much further deep into **** Walt was dragging them... Walt has a need to feel admired and respected by someone....Jesse is the only one who admired or respected him in his Heisenberg persona... if he loses Jesse, Walt just won't be able to live with himself and all the destruction he has created. His son, Walt Jr, still loves him, but he has no idea the monster his father is...

You are correct about Sunday...Bills/NFL, "Breaking Bad", and, I will add, the season premiere of "Boardwalk Empire", another one of my personal "elite" tv series...

Yes, I got that much. But why the re-arranged spelling? Will it have something to do with cats?

Felina is also a somewhat common Mexican female name... she is the prostitute whose honor the hero is defending in the old Marty Robbins classic ballad "El Paso"... I may be completely wrong, but I seem to remember the name showing up, somewhere along the history of the show...maybe Lydia Rodartes' daughter... can't remember...

Edited by Buftex

I can't take credit for this, but here's another theory:

Fe-Li-Na = Iron-Lithium-Sodium = Blood-Meth-Tears.

Iron is the dominant chemical in blood, Lithium is the most commonly used metal in the manufacture of methamphetamine, and sodium — or salt — is a major element in tears.

Edited by bills44

Walt as the ultimate anti-hero... for me, I stopped pulling for him a while ago. Part of what makes this show fascinating (and daring) is that Walt has transformed so far from anyone I can relate too, or have sympathy for. I think, initially, Walts predicament, and our empathy for his character is what draws us in to the story... now I look forward to seeing him get what he deserves...if indeed that happens. If he doesn't though, I am still going to enjoy the hell out of it... Tony Soprano (for me, the greatest tv character of all time) was pretty ruthless too, but I always wanted him to come out on top in the end... Walter, not so much.

What makes Walt so vile is the apparent ease with which he can justify whatever ****ty thing he does, so he can sleep at night...Soprano at his worst, resorted to violence, which almost seems quaint to Walt's apparent mastery of manipulation and psychological terrorism. One of the greatest scenes of this current season (maybe the history of the show?) came two episodes ago, when Jesse really puts Mr White in his place...they are out in the desert, Walt trying to convince Jesse to go into Saul's "witness protection" program..."just stop playing me, for like 10 minutes.." great scene. When Walt sits with Jesse and tries to convince him he didn't kill Mike, Walt keeps saying "Jesse, I need you to believe this"... losing Jesse, for Walt, is like the death of Walter White...

I think, almost in the end, the reason Walt is so adamant that he would never kill Jesse is not so much some deep pity, or empathy for Jesse... it is more that Jesse has seen Walt at his very worst, and was always his loyal soldier, no matter how much further deep into **** Walt was dragging them... Walt has a need to feel admired and respected by someone....Jesse is the only one who admired or respected him in his Heisenberg persona... if he loses Jesse, Walt just won't be able to live with himself and all the destruction he has created. His son, Walt Jr, still loves him, but he has no idea the monster his father is...

Good analysis.

Wtf happened to sage and his review.

I can't take credit for this, but here's another theory:

Fe-Li-Na = Iron-Lithium-Sodium = Blood-Meth-Tears.

Iron is the dominant chemical in blood, Lithium is the most commonly used metal in the manufacture of methamphetamine, and sodium — or salt — is a major element in tears.

Very interesting food for thought here.

I may not be remembering correctly, but didn't walt convert the GPS coordinates into lotto numbers and put the lotto ticket on his fridge? And then destroy the GPS he used?

He took time to memorize the numbers. But he might get a bang on the head or its for Skylar in the event he can't get to the cash stash.

I was on vacation in the boonies so I am late getting back up to speed. Every episode grabs me by the innards and tosses my mind about the room. It's like being on a psychic world-class roller coaster.

Thanks again Dennis for helping me get up to speed earlier. I owe you for that.

You are correct about Sunday...Bills/NFL, "Breaking Bad", and, I will add, the season premiere of "Boardwalk Empire", another one of my personal "elite" tv series...

Felina is also a somewhat common Mexican female name... she is the prostitute whose honor the hero is defending in the old Marty Robbins classic ballad "El Paso"... I may be completely wrong, but I seem to remember the name showing up, somewhere along the history of the show...maybe Lydia Rodartes' daughter... can't remember...

Well thought out and rational analysis. For the life of me and I don't know why, I want Walt to come out on top. Maybe it's because I can relate to his character and the trials he's been through which has a personal resonance. I really hope he pulls it off and walks into the sunset w/ Skylar on his arm and a monster bank account. Somehow, I know this isn't in the cards. To four more epic rides.

Speaking of El Paso......

Well thought out and rational analysis. For the life of me and I don't know why, I want Walt to come out on top. Maybe it's because I can relate to his character and the trials he's been through which has a personal resonance. I really hope he pulls it off and walks into the sunset w/ Skylar on his arm and a monster bank account. Somehow, I know this isn't in the cards. To four more epic rides.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRYs3_bsDa4

:thumbsup: Cool...I know the Dead do (or did) a lot of old country classics..never heard this before!

I understand rooting for Walt...but to me, he is the worst kind of pos that a person can be...Jesse s analysis of Mr White, in the desert scene from last episode was spot on...Walt is a selfish prick, who manipulates people into thinking he is acting in their best interest, but all along, he is only really concerned about himself. Obviously, when the series starts, he is a decent guy who feels he has to compromise his principles for the well being of his family...so it is easy to feel sympathy...but at some point (my mind is too cluttered to remember the exact moment, maybe Jane) a part of him wants to be recognized for the criminal mastermind that he is...his worries about leaving some money behind for a debt-free legacy took a back seat...the show is so amazingly thought out...

Edited by Buftex

Black as the night were the eyes of Felina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRYs3_bsDa4

I assume that you knew that is a love song about a Mexican beauty named Felina? If so, excellent recall on your part. Loved it, thanks!

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land

I understand rooting for Walt...but to me, he is the worst kind of pos that a person can be...Jesse s analysis of Mr White, in the desert scene from last episode was spot on...Walt is a selfish prick, who manipulates people into thinking he is acting in their best interest, but all along, he is only really concerned about himself. Obviously, when the series starts, he is a decent guy who feels he has to compromise his principles for the well being of his family...so it is easy to feel sympathy...but at some point (my mind is too cluttered to remember the exact moment, maybe Jane) a part of him wants to be recognized for the criminal mastermind that he is...his worries about leaving some money behind for a debt-free legacy took a back seat...the show is so amazingly thought out...

It's pretty amazing the depth of Walt as a character...there is just so much there to examine and discuss. Even if we didnt' focus on any other aspect of the show, Walt's character alone could be an endless exploration.

It's pretty amazing the depth of Walt as a character...there is just so much there to examine and discuss. Even if we didnt' focus on any other aspect of the show, Walt's character alone could be an endless exploration.

I fell on this promo last night and it just blew me away how much Walt changed from season 1. I seriously wish I'd not watched this show and watched it all in one shot when it was done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ_gEa14Otk

I just thought they way they framed the scene that Jesse lifted the tape. Hank and Gomez going outside to talk w/ Jesse sitting at the table w/ the camera...."Can I use the bathroom?" As, it's been stated here, the writing is super sharp w/ no room for filler. But who knows w/ this show.

AJ- you're right about the GPS coordinates being in the form of the lottery ticket. That being said, I still think Jesse finds a way to get to the $$$.

BTW- Favorite line is when Jesse is trying to explain to Hank and Gomie what they're up against "You two are just guys....Mr. White....he's the devil" lol

OMG I was right lol!!!

It was definitely clear that Gilligan gave Hank a "goodbye" scene with Marie, and that a WHOLE LOTTA BULLETS were about to fly...but even though it was a little obvious what was goign to happen, that didn't take away from the intensity a single bit.

I was riveted the entire hour.