I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

One thing I was kind of curious about....

Why would Walt risk going back to his seized house for the ricin?

It didn't seem like it was that difficult for him to make it way back in season 2 when he did it the first time so risking being seen to recover the poison didn't seem worth it to me.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It didn't seem like it was that difficult for him to make it way back in season 2 when he did it the first time so risking being seen to recover the poison didn't seem worth it to me.

What's he risking? He has nothing to lose by that point. I'm guessing most people think he's dead.

Maybe he's in Scarface mode. I wouldn't be upset if walt just starts consuming pounds and pounds of meth and starts gunning down his enemies.

Do it Gilligan!!!

I really hope Hank doesnt die but I think he will. The good guy that all the fans love usually dies in the end.

I dont know how or why but I have a feeling Jesse kills Walt in the last episode.

If Hank doesnt get killed off, I think he and Walt face off in the last episode and Hank kills him

Keep in mind that scence is a spoiler occuring in future tense. We have no idea what his mindset is, what he has to lose, if anything.

The only thing I can take from that scene is that his world is a downward spiral.

The Jesse we know now, no. The Jesse who finds out about everything Mr. White has kept from him, yes.

Like the issue with Mike. Lilly of the valley. The issue with the Lilly of the valley and what surrounds that would be interesting if that is brought back into the plot. We would not see a saulking Jesse anymore.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Keep in mind that scence is a spoiler occuring in future tense. We have no idea what his mindset is, what he has to lose, if anything.

The only thing I can take from that scene is that his world is a downward spiral.

True, it is all out of context since we have no idea what the state of everyone is at this point.

Couldn't be too far in the future though seeing that during the flash forward at the start of last year he was celebrating his 52nd birthday and then later in that season during present time he was celebrating 51. This still has me wondering why he just wouldn't make some more ricin. Even if he isn't risking much it would seem a lot simpler to just do it at home.

I guess as far as a plot device goes though it is better to see him retrieving it as a foreshadowing of something to come.

True, it is all out of context since we have no idea what the state of everyone is at this point.

Couldn't be too far in the future though seeing that during the flash forward at the start of last year he was celebrating his 52nd birthday and then later in that season during present time he was celebrating 51. This still has me wondering why he just wouldn't make some more ricin. Even if he isn't risking much it would seem a lot simpler to just do it at home.

I guess as far as a plot device goes though it is better to see him retrieving it as a foreshadowing of something to come.

I have no doubt someone will fall victim to the ricin. Just a question of who and whether it was intended for that person or not.

I also hope there is a flashback scene on how Walter obtained the ricin.

The Jesse we know now, no. The Jesse who finds out about everything Mr. White has kept from him, yes.

I still don't think Walt would kill Jesse. Jesse killing Walt on the other hand (as is being discussed) is possible once the truth comes out

I also hope there is a flashback scene on how Walter obtained the ricin.

The ricin dates to season 4 (warning - season 4/5 spoilers below)

Walt cooked that batch up in season 4 for Gus. Jesse was supposed to deliver the dose but never did. Jesse hid the ricin in a cigarette. After his girlfriends son got sick, Jesse discovered the ricin was missing and thought maybe the kid stole the cigarattes and took the ricin. Turns out Walt had Saul's bodyguard switch Jesse's pack of cigaretts so Walt had the ricin. Early in Season 5 Jesse cleans his house out looking for the ricin, Walt slips it into the Roomba cleanup and "finds" it for Jesse. Walt took it home and hid it in the wall socket. He took it out for Lydia and intended to slip it into her coffee after she gave up Mike's guys, but instead made the Czech Republic deal

Skyler goes to jail for cooking books for Ted. Hank has to let Walt go after finding out how his bills were paid. Walt threatens to say Hank knew and was protecting him. Walt leaves baby with Hank and Marie. Cartel kills Walt Jr and trashes house. Jesse agrees to cook if they leave Walt alone. Walt, hiding in NH, finds out and comes back to stop cook and free Jesse. At end Walt uses ricin on Jesse and self to end both their misery.

Skyler goes to jail for cooking books for Ted. Hank has to let Walt go after finding out how his bills were paid. Walt threatens to say Hank knew and was protecting him. Walt leaves baby with Hank and Marie. Cartel kills Walt Jr and trashes house. Jesse agrees to cook if they leave Walt alone. Walt, hiding in NH, finds out and comes back to stop cook and free Jesse. At end Walt uses ricin on Jesse and self to end both their misery.

I could see that all happening except for the end

I still don't think Walt would kill Jesse. Jesse killing Walt on the other hand (as is being discussed) is possible once the truth comes out

The ricin dates to season 4 (warning - season 4/5 spoilers below)

Walt cooked that batch up in season 4 for Gus. Jesse was supposed to deliver the dose but never did. Jesse hid the ricin in a cigarette. After his girlfriends son got sick, Jesse discovered the ricin was missing and thought maybe the kid stole the cigarattes and took the ricin. Turns out Walt had Saul's bodyguard switch Jesse's pack of cigaretts so Walt had the ricin. Early in Season 5 Jesse cleans his house out looking for the ricin, Walt slips it into the Roomba cleanup and "finds" it for Jesse. Walt took it home and hid it in the wall socket. He took it out for Lydia and intended to slip it into her coffee after she gave up Mike's guys, but instead made the Czech Republic deal

Yeah, I know all about that.

I'm interested in the back story how he obtained the castor beans. I don't think it is something that you can obtain easily. Out of thin air Walt had them and showed them off to Jesse (regarding Tuco).

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I really hope Hank doesnt die but I think he will. The good guy that all the fans love usually dies in the end.

I dont know how or why but I have a feeling Jesse kills Walt in the last episode.

If Hank doesnt get killed off, I think he and Walt face off in the last episode and Hank kills him

Hank's destruction of Walt would also hasten the destruction of Hank's family.

No "saulking" Jessie....just Badger's most excellent Star Trek adventure:

http://io9.com/the-star-trek-saga-from-last-nights-breaking-bad-in-a-1109871958

:lol:

Hank's destruction of Walt would also hasten the destruction of Hank's family.

Yup...I got a weird feeling the much anticipated showdown between Walt and Hank fizzles a bit...Hank knows what you said!

Yup...I got a weird feeling the much anticipated showdown between Walt and Hank fizzles a bit...Hank knows what you said!

Agreed. Hank doesn't have the chops to stand up to Walt (remember his failed promotion to the front lines?) The real showdown has to be between Walt and Jesse. As someone suggested above, Jesse will find out about many/all of the things Walt has done and at that point there's no question that each of them will be willing to kill the other.

The anticipation that will build during these final episodes will feel like a Bills playoff run (or at least the way my grandpappy described Bills' playoff runs).

I have a bit of a different take today and I'm sure it's gonna change tomorrow. I think Walt absolutely needs to save Jesse. I think Lydia and the drug ring, not happy with the 68% solution, are somehow going to co-opt Jesse into cooking for them thus creating a situation for Walt to save him.

Or not.

"Hello Carol." Two simple words spoken by Walt to his neighbor that says so much about Walt's life of duality. Durning the episode, Carol cheerfully responds back as Walt greets her out front. Back to the opening scene when Walt retrieves the Ricin, this time Carol has a much different response, she drops her bag in horror at the sight of him.

How we get from A to Z (or Z to A) in this case is anyone's guess. Myself, I have no idea....and that's why I love this show. To 7 more brilliant weeks.

Yeah, I know all about that.

I'm interested in the back story how he obtained the castor beans. I don't think it is something that you can obtain easily. Out of thin air Walt had them and showed them off to Jesse (regarding Tuco).

Not really

"Hello Carol." Two simple words spoken by Walt to his neighbor that says so much about Walt's life of duality. Durning the episode, Carol cheerfully responds back as Walt greets her out front. Back to the opening scene when Walt retrieves the Ricin, this time Carol has a much different response, she drops her bag in horror at the sight of him.

How we get from A to Z (or Z to A) in this case is anyone's guess. Myself, I have no idea....and that's why I love this show. To 7 more brilliant weeks.

Obviously there's been legal trouble. Hank probably dropped the hammer. Walt's got hair, so he's been on the lam. Maybe she thinks she's seeing a ghost.

wouldn't break my heart at all...

Seriously Pooj?

Not really

Obviously there's been legal trouble. Hank probably dropped the hammer. Walt's got hair, so he's been on the lam. Maybe she thinks she's seeing a ghost.

Seriously Pooj?

Interesting. Perhaps Walt is thought to be dead at that point?

GO BILLS!!!

Interesting. Perhaps Walt is thought to be dead at that point?

GO BILLS!!!

Good point. I remember an episode where Saul tells Walt that for a hefty price he can make him dissapear forever and that it would be permanent and that there is no coming back.

My guess is that some how Walts cover is blown and he takes Saul up on that offer and they fake his death thus explaining the neighbour dropping her grocery bag in horror.

Then again I could be completely wrong and that's why I love this show