I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

just saw a great mime (pronounced meem) on facebook - it said "what if Breaking bad ends with Walt getting busted and going into witness protection and thats the beginning of Malcolm in the Middle?"

I got a good laugh out of that

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just saw a great mime (pronounced meem) on facebook - it said "what if Breaking bad ends with Walt getting busted and going into witness protection and thats the beginning of Malcolm in the Middle?"

I got a good laugh out of that

meme

yes, that is funny

• 3 months later...

Ok so I was flipping around Netflix and figured I'd give it a shot. Watched the first episode last night. Ahhh, no thanks. A Chemistry teacher with a son with cerebal palsy finds out he has terminal lung cancer decides to make meth to support his family? I bit too depressing for me. I'm a Bills fan (well kind of an ex-Bills fan actually), I don't need any more depression in my life.

It's baaaack! Well, at least the final season is scheduled to start on August 11th. I can't wait.

F Yeah!

Can't wait. I just re-watched seasons 1-5 for a refresh and to make sure I didn't forget any small character/plot details leading up to the final episodes.

Great, great show...the best.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Ok so I was flipping around Netflix and figured I'd give it a shot. Watched the first episode last night. Ahhh, no thanks. A Chemistry teacher with a son with cerebal palsy finds out he has terminal lung cancer decides to make meth to support his family? I bit too depressing for me. I'm a Bills fan (well kind of an ex-Bills fan actually), I don't need any more depression in my life.

:lol::(

Seriously tho, I started watching Breaking Bad sometime in the first season and was like meh after a couple episodes. Then I caught a marathon in between seasons 2 and 3 and got interested enough to start watching season 3. Then a couple episodes into season 3 i got hooked

:lol::(

Seriously tho, I started watching Breaking Bad sometime in the first season and was like meh after a couple episodes. Then I caught a marathon in between seasons 2 and 3 and got interested enough to start watching season 3. Then a couple episodes into season 3 i got hooked

So it's the meth of TV series.

I watched the first episode and then hung it up after that....then I kept hearing people say they started watching and now they consider it the best show on television. So I gave in, started over again, and now I consider it the best show on television :lol:

Honestly, this show has some "payoff moments" that are just incredibly satisfying...

I watched the first episode and then hung it up after that....then I kept hearing people say they started watching and now they consider it the best show on television. So I gave in, started over again, and now I consider it the best show on television :lol:

Honestly, this show has some "payoff moments" that are just incredibly satisfying...

I get that and my assistant told the the exact same thing today. I just don't watch that much TV and don't feel like investing that much time on one thing. I'm not a guy that can do that. I probably have bookmarks in 10 books. I took one of those personality tests recently which said I lacked "sitability". Freaky accurate. Sorry.....gotta go!!

I get that and my assistant told the the exact same thing today. I just don't watch that much TV and don't feel like investing that much time on one thing. I'm not a guy that can do that. I probably have bookmarks in 10 books. I took one of those personality tests recently which said I lacked "sitability". Freaky accurate. Sorry.....gotta go!!

lol...I totally get it, man...I used to swear by the fact that I was movies and sports only, and that I really had no time for scripted tv. Somehow that all has changed over the last year, and part of that has been the enjoyment of binge watching. I still don't have much tolerance for episodic tv when I have to wait a week in between shows, but if you give me access to an entire season and it's something I get hooked on, it's all over.

lol...I totally get it, man...I used to swear by the fact that I was movies and sports only, and that I really had no time for scripted tv. Somehow that all has changed over the last year, and part of that has been the enjoyment of binge watching. I still don't have much tolerance for episodic tv when I have to wait a week in between shows, but if you give me access to an entire season and it's something I get hooked on, it's all over.

For me it's just the opposite watching a full season in a week makes them too predictable. Ruined Arrested Development. I !@#$ing get it!! Tobias is gay and says gay innuendo and GOB is a ****ty magician. Ooooh sorry....illusionist.

For me it's just the opposite watching a full season in a week makes them too predictable. Ruined Arrested Development. I !@#$ing get it!! Tobias is gay and says gay innuendo and GOB is a ****ty magician. Ooooh sorry....illusionist.

Yeah, I never could get into that show either...

I can only follow one series at a time, which works out well since there are only four that I watch. Mad Men just ended, now BB, next up Homeland and sometime later Downton Abbey.

I can only follow one series at a time, which works out well since there are only four that I watch. Mad Men just ended, now BB, next up Homeland and sometime later Downton Abbey.

Seems like a lot of you guys are liking the Downton Abbey show...I may need to check that out.

i am avoiding downton abbey as well as walking dead, really no interest, gonna wait for a few more shows to air before diving into ray donovan(?) i did just download orange is the new black to check out, i've heard good things about that one

Seems like a lot of you guys are liking the Downton Abbey show...I may need to check that out.

I liked the first three eps of Ray Donovan...still need to watch the most recent. Jury still out on this one for me, but I love the subject material. I've seen the first episode of Orange/Black and will prob watch at least the next few to see where it goes. Let me know what you think of it after you give it a go.

Chef, I know you love advice... I swear, if you ever find the time and/or desire to watch one televison show, give "Breaking Bad" another chance.

The first season (only 7 episodes...writers strike!) is a bit dreary... but it is really an amazing show... defitely dark subject matter, and not super uplifting in its story...but uplifting when you step back and realize what a great piece of work this is, and that it has managed to transcend the medium of television, in a way that few other programs have.

Don't know if you are a big movie buff, but to me, "Jaws" (a great movie) marked the begining of the slow, painful death of the American movie industry...it started a slow descent into "summer blockbusters" and awful scripts. Before that, say 1967-1973, Hollywood produced some of the greatest movies of all time. Now, IMO, all the great Hollywood "movie" makers, are working on the small screen, television, producing mini-masterpieces.

Saw something the other day, where they were saying the "Breaking Bad" was the first series that, coneptually, set out to transform a character to its' polar opposite, over the run of the show. The whole notion of "breaking bad" is painstakingly laid out before you...

For those of you who can't wait...pretty chilling trailer for the upcoming finale:

Edited by Buftex

Chef, I know you love advice... I swear, if you ever find the time and/or desire to watch one televison show, give "Breaking Bad" another chance.

The first season (only 7 episodes...writers strike!) is a bit dreary... but it is really an amazing show... defitely dark subject matter, and not super uplifting in its story...but uplifting when you step back and realize what a great piece of work this is, and that it has managed to transcend the medium of television, in a way that few other programs have.

Don't know if you are a big movie buff, but to me, "Jaws" (a great movie) marked the begining of the slow, painful death of the American movie industry...it started a slow descent into "summer blockbusters" and awful scripts. Before that, say 1967-1973, Hollywood produced some of the greatest movies of all time. Now, IMO, all the great Hollywood "movie" makers, are working on the small screen, television, producing mini-masterpieces.

Saw something the other day, where they were saying the "Breaking Bad" was the first series that, coneptually, set out to transform a character to its' polar opposite, over the run of the show. The whole notion of "breaking bad" is painstakingly laid out before you...

For those of you who can't wait...pretty chilling trailer for the upcoming finale:

Thanks for the advice but I don't need any advice. And as wawrow pointed out in the Overrated/Underrated band thread that I'm a contrarian. He's right. If it's popular I hate it just on pricipal. :lol:

Oh and the Stones? Most overrated band EVER!!! :nana:

heck, i want to see what Bryan Cranston does, i never imagined i would look at him and not see Hal from Malcolm, but i can watch Malcolm and not ever say, hey, that's the guy from Breaking Bad, and vice versa....he's a damn fine act-tor

But that homie's dead. He just doesn't know it yet...

F&^%, I can't wait until Aug 11. What is Gilligans next "EPIC MOMENT(S)? He has somehow managed to trump one after another as this series has progressed.