I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a bit bummed actually. I got into the tradition of watching the show with my cousin, his wife and one of their friends but we just learned that his father has lung cancer. I'll still watch it on my own but obviously the state of my uncle is bumming me out :(

Aw man, I'm really sorry to hear that man...fukkin cancer...I've never hated anything more.

It's 11AM Eastern time and everybody's favorite episode is on, Fly

That's funny, cause I was just thinking yesterday that I consider this show damn near perfect television except for one HUGE blemish. :D

I'm a bit bummed actually. I got into the tradition of watching the show with my cousin, his wife and one of their friends but we just learned that his father has lung cancer. I'll still watch it on my own but obviously the state of my uncle is bumming me out :(

Very sorry to hear that meazza. Uncles are special people. I hope for the best for him.

The Fly was the only episode that sucked and had really no meaning on the show. I think Gilligan even admitted that they had to have a "filler" type episode as a way to cut production costs for that season.

Even as a filler episode it's a window into the mindset of Walter and how he manipulates Jesse (who at the end was as obsessed with getting the fly)

The Fly was the only episode that sucked and had really no meaning on the show. I think Gilligan even admitted that they had to have a "filler" type episode as a way to cut production costs for that season.

I am not saying it was my favorit episode by any means, but it was hardly meainingless to the show. It was the point where Walts' madness was starting to show...the episide where Jesse started to gain some equal ground with Mr White. Gilligan is way too good, and too smart to waste an hour of a season on mere filler. Not sure where you read/heard he said it was "filler"...in tv it is what is called a "bottle" episode...an episode that runs on a low budget (the whole episode takes place in the lab), to save on budget for the season...it was an important episode in relation to character development.

I saw some of the first season the other night...I hadn't seen it in about 5 years...you really watch these differently, knowing what will happen later. Walt is much more passive/agressive than I remembered, even early on.

I am not saying it was my favorit episode by any means, but it was hardly meainingless to the show. It was the point where Walts' madness was starting to show...the episide where Jesse started to gain some equal ground with Mr White. Gilligan is way too good, and too smart to waste an hour of a season on mere filler. Not sure where you read/heard he said it was "filler"...in tv it is what is called a "bottle" episode...an episode that runs on a low budget (the whole episode takes place in the lab), to save on budget for the season...it was an important episode in relation to character development.

I saw some of the first season the other night...I hadn't seen it in about 5 years...you really watch these differently, knowing what will happen later. Walt is much more passive/agressive than I remembered, even early on.

Well you feel differently about the fly episode than I did. As I recall I spent the whole hour reading magazines waiting for something to happen.

Does Walt somehow save Jesse and does Jesse in turn kill him?

Walt admitted to watching Jane die without trying to save her, how could he ever trust Jesse? It would put his family at risk, so why save him?

Michael J Fox wakes up in bed next to Marie and tells her that he just had the wildest dream. Oh, and she should wear more purple sweaters

I said that to a bunch of co-workers this past week, went over like a lead balloon. of course they are mostly all younger, so probably had no idea what I was talking about...

Edited by ricojes

Michael J Fox wakes up in bed next to Marie and tells her that he just had the wildest dream. Oh, and she should wear more purple sweaters

When Marie isn't ruining it by talking, she's actually not bad looking at all.

I've been enjoying catching up on some of the old episodes the past few days (and nights). Tried to stay up last night and watch the S4 finale. Did manage to catch Gus getting it in the nursing home. Almost forgot about how some of the Cartel meeting stuff went down. Also noticed the NA group where Jesse talks about killing a dog. The group leader is the same actor who was on Bates Motel Good Stuff.. S5 is on at 11PM. Not sure I'll catch much but would love to see the "Magnet" episode again.. "Yeah b!t*h, Magnets" Still LMAO when I think of Walt cranking that thing beyond the redline and tipping the truck over... :w00t: **Language Warning**

Walt grabs a bite at the café, goes to the old homestead and grabs the ricin. He drives over to the Graymatter couples's home and exacts revenge on them by forcing them to come clean about his rightful involvement in their project and sends the recording to the press. He then goes out to the Aryan Nation compound, intent on blowing it all up. Walt eliminates the men and kills their leader in a blaze of glory moment from Scarface. In the confusion over what is happening, Jesse finds a way to escape again and kills Todd by using the lab equipment. With hella law enforcement on the way, Walt uses the ricin to kill himself, and Jesse finds him dead, standing over the body and kicking Walt repeatedly. Skylar and Marie go to identify the dead body of Walt, and all of the surviving characters are given their "aftermath" time. Lydia, who thought she escaped, is caught at a border checkpoint and arrested for her role in the operation after Skylar reveals what happened in their car wash meeting. FIN!

Edited by BmoreBills

I have no idea what's going to happen. That's why I love this show so much. But here are some guesses

Walt has his birthday breakfast then heads home for the ricin.

Walt makes contact with Skyler and gives her background on Lydia. Skyler now has something to give the DA to get them off her back.

Lydia gets arrested. We've already seen what the AB is capable of doing behind bars.

Walt takes a trip to see his Grey Matter buddies. He threatens to go to the media with a story that he was working for/with Grey Matter the whole time. Not true of course, but very bad publicity for Grey Matter. A deal is struck to provide for Skyler, Junior, and Holly. The details are worked out over a nice cup of tea (and ricin)

Now comes the M60. According to Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M60_machine_gun) an M60 weighs 23lbs and fires 500-650 rounds of 7.62x51 NATO per minute, so say 10 rounds a second. The weight of the rifle plus all the ammo makes this a less than mobile weapons platform for a 52 year old terminal cancer patient. I don't see Walt running Rambo on the AB. More likely he sets up an ambush and mows them down.

In order to set up an ambush, Walt's going to need some intel. Walt infiltrates the compound and while inside comes upon Jesse. Walt can neither kill nor free Jesse as this would alert the AB that the compound was comprimised and elimate the element of surprise. So Walt will do what always does, use Jesse. He will slip him something, a gun or knife, or something to take out Todd.

Badda boop badda bing bang boom. Walt and Jesse are the only two left alive. Jesse finds a wounded Walt. But in the end, neither has the nerve to kill the other. Walt, knowing that he can never get his barrel to his family, tells Jesse to take Brock to New Hampshire.

With the cops closing in, Walt finds his way to Todd's lab where the Chemist goes out on his own terms

i like the jesse/brock angle, but i don't see how that is possible...brock is probably a ward of the state right now, how would a low life street rat like jesse get custody? interesting angle though

I have no idea what's going to happen. That's why I love this show so much. But here are some guesses

Walt has his birthday breakfast then heads home for the ricin.

Walt makes contact with Skyler and gives her background on Lydia. Skyler now has something to give the DA to get them off her back.

Lydia gets arrested. We've already seen what the AB is capable of doing behind bars.

Walt takes a trip to see his Grey Matter buddies. He threatens to go to the media with a story that he was working for/with Grey Matter the whole time. Not true of course, but very bad publicity for Grey Matter. A deal is struck to provide for Skyler, Junior, and Holly. The details are worked out over a nice cup of tea (and ricin)

Now comes the M60. According to Wiki (http://en.wikipedia....M60_machine_gun) an M60 weighs 23lbs and fires 500-650 rounds of 7.62x51 NATO per minute, so say 10 rounds a second. The weight of the rifle plus all the ammo makes this a less than mobile weapons platform for a 52 year old terminal cancer patient. I don't see Walt running Rambo on the AB. More likely he sets up an ambush and mows them down.

In order to set up an ambush, Walt's going to need some intel. Walt infiltrates the compound and while inside comes upon Jesse. Walt can neither kill nor free Jesse as this would alert the AB that the compound was comprimised and elimate the element of surprise. So Walt will do what always does, use Jesse. He will slip him something, a gun or knife, or something to take out Todd.

Badda boop badda bing bang boom. Walt and Jesse are the only two left alive. Jesse finds a wounded Walt. But in the end, neither has the nerve to kill the other. Walt, knowing that he can never get his barrel to his family, tells Jesse to take Brock to New Hampshire.

With the cops closing in, Walt finds his way to Todd's lab where the Chemist goes out on his own terms

i like the jesse/brock angle, but i don't see how that is possible...brock is probably a ward of the state right now, how would a low life street rat like jesse get custody? interesting angle though

He just has to "take" custody. He doesn't need to be granted it.