I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The finale went pretty much as I expected. Grey Matter gets the money to his family, ricin for Lydia, and Walt dying. I thought Walt might set the AB up and plant evidence at the Hank murder scene, but this was much better.. Walt letting Jesse live was the only wild card, I didn't know how that would go down. All said, I am very satisfied, a great final episode....

Bravo.

This show will be stuck in my heart forever. I watched the first four seasons with my sweetheart. She broke my heart, and is gone from my life now (mostly - still need to change my avatar) but I continued to wish she was here to see the final season with me.

I would never have tuned in if I had not seen this thread, so thanks to the OP and all of you guys who contributed!

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land

What's really creepy is I mention a character on a TV show once [on a thread about that show] and you call it creepy. Are you like following me?.

You mentioned him more than once but it's odd that such a minor guy got a shout out. Either way, he was squirming on the hook like a little B word who didn't realize the end was near. Guessed wrong about Walt's motivation and didn't even get to finish his parting bribe. He died like the filler character he was in the show life cycle. His claim to fame is the trigger man for Hank.

I figured he had to tell someone where Hank was buried -- Walt wouldn't have been right with leaving him in a hole in the desert. Good way to tie that into his goodbye to Skylar; giving her a barginning chip with the DA.

Love that Walt went out on his own terms. RIP

Perfect. Absolutely perfect.

What a masterpiece this was. The writing was brilliant and Vince kept the fans in mind when writing this ending. He tied up all the lose ends and left us not having to guess about anything.

Watching Walt say goodbye to his daughter nearly made me break down. What a touching scene. Brilliant writing where he finally admited that it was all for him because he liked what he did.

Love how everything with Jesse turned out. I think most of us expected that he would die either from Walt or the AB so the fact that he was able to escape was amazing and him not having any money was no issue to me because at least he is alive and part of me likes to think that he is going to go see Brock.

What an amazing show and I feel so special for having been apart of watching it.

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

did anyone else notice Marie's appearance in that episode, they made her look as if she had gone through several days of hell(which she did) but man. its the little details like that that made this show as good as it was. I still wish Jesse got some money

The daughter was touching ? How about knowing you can't even say bye to Walt jr ( who most recappers say is the only thing Walt really cares about in the world)

Brutal end for Heisenberg.

And poor Todd, taken out before he felt Lydia's embrace. He was getting closer !!

And uncle jack went out like a bird brained chump.

Gotta love the ole dumb criminal slipup about the partner.

did anyone else notice Marie's appearance in that episode, they made her look as if she had gone through several days of hell(which she did) but man. its the little details like that that made this show as good as it was. I still wish Jesse got some money

Yup. She was straight crazy looking on that phone call.

The cool effect after uncle jacks bullet to head was cool camera trick 2 IMO.

Anna Gunn gave Gilligan some huge props on the aftershow about that...said that she always found it fascinating to watch how he would meticulously stage a scene...even something as seemingly insignificant as a coffee cup or baby rattle. Gilligan is a true artist!

You mentioned him more than once but it's odd that such a minor guy got a shout out. Either way, he was squirming on the hook like a little B word who didn't realize the end was near. Guessed wrong about Walt's motivation and didn't even get to finish his parting bribe. He died like the filler character he was in the show life cycle. His claim to fame is the trigger man for Hank.

Jesse was a filler character?

i guess, but $80 million isn't 'money'...it's everything, and more, you could ever want...

I keep seeing posts about Jesse's lack of money. If there's anything we've learned about him over the past three seasons, it's he doesn't care about the damn money.

i guess, but $80 million isn't 'money'...it's everything, and more, you could ever want...

There was definitely a time when he valued the green...the way he pimped out his place with massive speakers and the plasma made me wish I could go over and hang out at one of those parties he threw back in the day!

I keep seeing posts about Jesse's lack of money. If there's anything we've learned about him over the past three seasons, it's he doesn't care about the damn money.

Exactly. Jesse has had countless opportunities to walk away with a truckload of cash. Hell, he was sitting at the drop spot ready to walk away just a couple episodes ago after Walt urged him to do so. But just like Walt, Jesse wasn't going to be happy disappearing with money.....it was far more important to him to reclaim himself from Walt's grip. Mission accomplished.

No it's not. Not even close. Money doesn't buy happiness, no matter how much you have.