I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

Exactly. Jesse has had countless opportunities to walk away with a truckload of cash. Hell, he was sitting at the drop spot ready to walk away just a couple episodes ago after Walt urged him to do so. But just like Walt, Jesse wasn't going to be happy disappearing with money.....it was far more important to him to reclaim himself from Walt's grip. Mission accomplished.

No it's not. Not even close. Money doesn't buy happiness, no matter how much you have.

Right. Apparently people have already forgotten about his dough-throwing joyride.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't remember that episode :devil:

good article from Rolling Stone on the finale

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/lessons-of-the-breaking-bad-series-finale-20130930

Timothy 6:10: Money is the root of all evil.

Isn't that essentially what the entire series was about?

and you should probably quote it properly...money is NOT the root of all evil...the love of money is/maybe, simply having it does not lead to evil

Timothy 6:10: Money is the root of all evil.

Isn't that essentially what the entire series was about?

here's an alternative ending i hadn't even considered....that would have been pretty bad ass, but it would have left alot hanging

I mean, wouldn’t this finale have made far more sense had the episode ended on a shot of Walter White dead, frozen to death, behind the wheel of a car he couldn’t start?

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture/2013/09/breaking-bad-finale-reviewed.html

did anyone else notice Marie's appearance in that episode, they made her look as if she had gone through several days of hell(which she did) but man. its the little details like that that made this show as good as it was. I still wish Jesse got some money

Jesse would still be tormented if he was carrying some of the "blood money." No, he is truly free now.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

did you hear gilligan explain why walt put the watch on the payphone? it was about consistencies...he didn't have a watch, the first time they showed walt with the bacon 52, jesse gave him the watch as a gift at some point...or something like that...talk about paying attention to the small details

did you hear gilligan explain why walt put the watch on the payphone? it was about consistencies...he didn't have a watch, the first time they showed walt with the bacon 52, jesse gave him the watch as a gift at some point...or something like that...talk about paying attention to the small details

Continuation is a very serious business, and it is noted quite extensively online. I find it awesome he cared enough to get it right :)

Edited by BmoreBills

One sort of dangling issue, for lack of a better term...the money that the brotherhood stole from Walt. I know, Jack, in an attempt to thwart Walt from shooting him, offers to let Walt know where it is, but Walt doesn't seem to care. He just shoots him...so, you have to wonder, at that point, did Walt go into the brotherhood compound, expecting to die? Just tio seek revenge? To find/free Jessie? It seemed like (maybe I missed a subtlty) his intent was to be arrested, not to die. So, he was just leaving all that money (about 70 million) on the table, with a bunch of guys who he was intending to kill?

One sort of dangling issue, for lack of a better term...the money that the brotherhood stole from Walt. I know, Jack, in an attempt to thwart Walt from shooting him, offers to let Walt know where it is, but Walt doesn't seem to care. He just shoots him...so, you have to wonder, at that point, did Walt go into the brotherhood compound, expecting to die? Just tio seek revenge? To find/free Jessie? It seemed like (maybe I missed a subtlty) his intent was to be arrested, not to die. So, he was just leaving all that money (about 70 million) on the table, with a bunch of guys who he was intending to kill?

In my opinion, his only motivation was to crush the gang. Otherwise, he knew he would die without having "won." That was happening whether he got killed or got arrested. Didn't matter. It's not about money with Walt, it's about power. He wasn't going to let some two-bit white trash have the last word on his empire.

I think he planned to die one way or the other; I can't see him preferring prison and remaining a cross for his family to bear. He knew the police were closing in sooner or later. He already arranged for $9MM to go to his kids, so what could he realistically do with another $70MM in cash even if he hadn't been shot?

I think he planned to die one way or the other; I can't see him preferring prison and remaining a cross for his family to bear. He knew the police were closing in sooner or later. He already arranged for $9MM to go to his kids, so what could he realistically do with another $70MM in cash even if he hadn't been shot?

Walt figured the money would be eventually found by the police. That would hopefully placate the DEA that has been leaning on Skylar to tell them where Walt's fortune was. They have no idea how much Walt had. $70M would seem right.

As for Jesse he refused the money before because it was tainted, blood money. His driving away symbolizes his freedom from everything that happened, including the money.

PTR

I came away from shooting Uncle Jack with a totally different impression. It was a mirror of Jack assassinating Hank. Right down to trying to bargain with Walt's money.

But like Hank said at the end. He had already made up his mind

Oh, and the blood spatter special effect was a nice touch