I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

I came away from shooting Uncle Jack with a totally different impression. It was a mirror of Jack assassinating Hank. Right down to trying to bargain with Walt's money.

That was clear--the Hank parallel. Jack was just being exposed for the neandrethal he was in that moment. He was acting tough justifying keeping his "word" by killing a woman and threatening a child (not to mention the yuks he had when Todd killed the first kid) in order to keep someone hostage in a hole, when inside he was just a whiney worm begging for another 15 seconds of oxygen. Walt gave him the respect you give any 2 bit bully--bullet to the head and no last words. A perfect end to a pitiful character.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Loved it.

From the start and as Walts involvement in the meth scene increased there was really only 2 ways it could end. Walt gets caught or he dies. I didn't expect any surprises and if there was some crazy ending, I'd have been really disappointed. That's how you wrap up a show. No need to be cute and overthink it.

I came away from shooting Uncle Jack with a totally different impression. It was a mirror of Jack assassinating Hank. Right down to trying to bargain with Walt's money.

But like Hank said at the end. He had already made up his mind

Oh, and the blood spatter special effect was a nice touch

Oh yeah, no question his motive was revenge for Hank (and stealing his money). And yes the parellel was striking.

I just don't think Walt expected to come out of there alive, even if he was successful in killing the crew.

Sorry Jim. You can go back and reread my post and try your response again.

Why do you find that guy so intoxicating? Do tell.

I made one post on uncle Jack. Then I made a post on Jesse and you quoted the Jesse post and said I was obsessed with a filler character. You never mentioned a post I made on Jack days before, just assuming I know what you're really talking about. I don't. Why do you care what I think about characters on a fictional TV show anyway?

Dude...2 references to jack in this one reply. Get a room already!

I made one post on uncle Jack. Then I made a post on Jesse and you quoted the Jesse post and said I was obsessed with a filler character. You never mentioned a post I made on Jack days before, just assuming I know what you're really talking about. I don't. Why do you care what I think about characters on a fictional TV show anyway?

Jesse is the same worthless self centered crying High school punk he was in S1E1. Therefore he wins because the female viewers love how in touch he is with his feminine side. I say go uncle Jack.

My favorite character is uncle Jack. No weird weepy moods. All business.

:beer:

Great finish. Interesting that they referenced the Marty Robbins song multiple times in the episode, yet we never hear the line about Felina... always keeping us guessing.

Now I may have to watch the entire series. That's a great song.

Something else I'm going to miss, on top of one of the greatest TV shows of all time, is this thread :beer:

Yep, a lot of great conversations along the way :thumbsup:

I am not sure how I feel about Walt supposedly still being able to get the money to his kids.

It basically justifies all of the horrible things he did along the way.

I was thinking it would be better if it was all for nothing because it would be a better punishment for letting things get so out of control. To know he destroyed so many lives for really no reason other than his own feeling of self fulfillment would have been a fitting end.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the character and was always rooting for him to slip the cops but him basically winning in the end didn't feel quite right.

One of the things that drive Walter White was recognition for the things he accomplished. Although the fact that his money will likely get to his kids seems like a victory, the family will never know it was him. He will go down vilified and hated by everyone, not exactly a victory. But one that Walt seemed ok with at the end. I'm ok with it too...

I am not sure how I feel about Walt supposedly still being able to get the money to his kids.

It basically justifies all of the horrible things he did along the way.

I was thinking it would be better if it was all for nothing because it would be a better punishment for letting things get so out of control. To know he destroyed so many lives for really no reason other than his own feeling of self fulfillment would have been a fitting end.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the character and was always rooting for him to slip the cops but him basically winning in the end didn't feel quite right.

One of the things that drive Walter White was recognition for the things he accomplished. Although the fact that his money will likely get to his kids seems like a victory, the family will never know it was him. He will go down vilified and hated by everyone, not exactly a victory. But one that Walt seemed ok with at the end. I'm ok with it too...

I think thats the best point. His son/wife will never know it was him, which he stressed all through the series he was doing it for them, although he in the end admitted it was for himself. So although they are getting the money, it's not from him as far as they know, so it's not winning in Walt's eyes.

I think thats the best point. His son/wife will never know it was him, which he stressed all through the series he was doing it for them, although he in the end admitted it was for himself. So although they are getting the money, it's not from him as far as they know, so it's not winning in Walt's eyes.

That is a really good point. Not knowing that he had provided has to hurt but I still disagree somewhat with the idea he doesn't think of it as a win.

Maybe it isn't a full win but the fact that his family should be ok after he is gone has to be a very comforting thought as he passes. I don't have kids but I have to believe that most people who do would consider it a win if they pass on leaving their family with more than they had.

Definitely doesn't ruin anything for me. Amazing show, maybe the best ever, I was just expecting a more tragic ending based on the few leading up to it.

I think Skyler would know it was from him.

One sort of dangling issue, for lack of a better term...the money that the brotherhood stole from Walt. I know, Jack, in an attempt to thwart Walt from shooting him, offers to let Walt know where it is, but Walt doesn't seem to care. He just shoots him...so, you have to wonder, at that point, did Walt go into the brotherhood compound, expecting to die? Just tio seek revenge? To find/free Jessie? It seemed like (maybe I missed a subtlty) his intent was to be arrested, not to die. So, he was just leaving all that money (about 70 million) on the table, with a bunch of guys who he was intending to kill?

I don't know if Walt went to the AB compound fully expecting to die, but leaving the watch on the phone was kind of an indication that he did not expect to survive this trip to NM. I think that Walt's initial thought after inquiring about the blue meth, was that Jesse and the AB were working together. So he was intent on killing Jesse as well. When he see's that Jesse is prisoner and not a partner, he saves Jesse. But it would have been interesting to see what Walt would have done if Jesse was indeed a partner, would he have saved himself and hit the floor? I think he would have. I wouldn't want to take a few random bullets, who know where you would get hit. The only reason he caught a couple bullets was because he was on top of Jesse. So maybe Walt had a final plan in mind that he never completely finished. It could have been the money, but since he was hit he no longer cared. It's definitely something to think about...

I don't know if Walt went to the AB compound fully expecting to die, but leaving the watch on the phone was kind of an indication that he did not expect to survive this trip to NM. I think that Walt's initial thought after inquiring about the blue meth, was that Jesse and the AB were working together. So he was intent on killing Jesse as well. When he see's that Jesse is prisoner and not a partner, he saves Jesse. But it would have been interesting to see what Walt would have done if Jesse was indeed a partner, would he have saved himself and hit the floor? I think he would have. I wouldn't want to take a few random bullets, who know where you would get hit. The only reason he caught a couple bullets was because he was on top of Jesse. So maybe Walt had a final plan in mind that he never completely finished. It could have been the money, but since he was hit he no longer cared. It's definitely something to think about...

He definitely would have killed Jesse if he'd been a partner. You could see how upset he was with Jesse's physical and emotional state at the end. More fantastic acting from Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston.

I can't believe no one has mentioned how awesome the use of Badfinger's "Baby Blue" was as Walt fades away. One of my favorite songs! I haven't been that excited to hear a piece of music on TV ever, although the use of April Wine's "Roller" on The Americans was close. I hear that downloads are up 9000% since Sunday. Too bad the important players aren't around to get some recognition...

Funny, don't know if you caught the talk show on AMC afterwards. Vince Gilligan was a guest. They asked him about the watch thing...he said it didn't have any real meaning at the time, but was only done for continuity sake. He said the scene at the diner (where Walt plays with is birthday bacon) was filmed over a year ago, and after watching it, he realized, Walt wasn't wearing the watch in that scene. Knowing what sticklers the fans are, he had him remove it in that scene. It was only after that, the he said he came up with an "arty-farty" reason for Walt removing the watch...it was a gift from Jesse for his previous birthday, and Walt taking it off, and leaving it, signified him leaving Jesse, and anyone he ever cared about, behind.

They also asked Gilligan if there was anything in the final script that they couldn't film, because of time restrictions. VG said that after Walt gets off the phone, in that watch scene, there was a part in the script where he turns, and sees some young man staring at him. Walt realizes he recognizes the man as one of his former students...and he also relaizes that the young man recognizes him as not only his former teacher, but as Heizenberg. Walt approaches the kid, and says something like "you know who I am... let me ask you, was I a good teacher?" The kid just sort of nods "yes", kind of stunned...and Walt asks him "what do you remember from what I taught you"....the kid just replies something to the effect of "all the burning beakers, and the different colers of the flames".

He definitely would have killed Jesse if he'd been a partner. You could see how upset he was with Jesse's physical and emotional state at the end. More fantastic acting from Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston.

I can't believe no one has mentioned how awesome the use of Badfinger's "Baby Blue" was as Walt fades away. One of my favorite songs! I haven't been that excited to hear a piece of music on TV ever, although the use of April Wine's "Roller" on The Americans was close. I hear that downloads are up 9000% since Sunday. Too bad the important players aren't around to get some recognition...

Not as obvious as the use of "Crystal Blue Persuasion" last season, but a great closing song non-theless...any time Badfinger gets some recognition, the world is a little better!