Don Banks' New Mock

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link

Fairley and Bowers already out of the top 3. Newton to the Bills, Gabbert to the Panthers.

Thanks for the link. This is the year to get their franchise qb on board and then continue on with the re-building process. Isn't a generation of not having a franchise qb on the roster long enough? Atlanta with Matt Ryan, Tampa with Josh Freeman, St. Louis with Bradshaw took qbs in their first round and didn't regret their selections.

If the Bills don't have Gabbert or Newton rated as high where they are drafting then bypass them and take a player such as Dareus. If the Bills take a qb in the first round the majority of the remaining draft and free agency should lean on the defensive side of the ball.

These things are starting to look like "copy & paste" versions of everyone elses mocks...I don't care what all the experts think about the combine not jump players up and down the bords that much cuz I think Paea earned himself a top 15 selection with his 49 reps on the bench...he's bull and he's got a mean streak. Also, I don't see the Jags going DE 2 years in a row from the same school...

These things are starting to look like "copy & paste" versions of everyone elses mocks...I don't care what all the experts think about the combine not jump players up and down the bords that much cuz I think Paea earned himself a top 15 selection with his 49 reps on the bench...he's bull and he's got a mean streak. Also, I don't see the Jags going DE 2 years in a row from the same school...

I think Paea will still have to show his knee is a hundred percent or he's dropping into the 2nd.

I would basically hate the Newton pick. Another year of teams running right through our defense while this guy sits on the bench.

Drafting Newton means no Sunday ticket for me.

You do realize they have more picks than just round 1 to address the D-line?

They also have free agency.

They also have last years draft picks who will theoritically be 1yr better.

Why do people assume that if we don't draft a D-line in round one, we will not do anything at all to address the D ?

I would basically hate the Newton pick. Another year of teams running right through our defense while this guy sits on the bench.

Drafting Newton means no Sunday ticket for me.

So if we get NEwton and he becomes good - does that mean you will continue not to watch?

Roll the dice at #3 on a QB who may or may not pan out. Got it.

PTR

To some extent any draft pick at any position is a risk. The Bills failed drafting OT Mike Williams at the fourth spot. The Bills failed drafting DT McCargo in the first round. The Bills failed drafting DE/OLB Maybin with their first pick. Eric Flowers was a LB taken in the first round.

The Bills have to trust their scouting ability and evaluators. If they make a judgment that there is no worthy qb prospect then draft for another position. Being spooked that any qb pick is too much of a risk is the type of weak thinking that Atlanta with Matt Ryan, St. Louis with Bradford and Tampa with Josh Freeman didn't exhibit with their first round qb picks. Their first round qb selections were without a doubt major factors in turning around losing teams and making them into competitive teams.

The Bills don't have a legitimate franchise qb on their current roster. At best, Fitz is a stop gap type of qb. If you look at the teams involved in the playoff over the last few years it is evident that having a good qb is essential for success.

The Bills have not had a legitimate franchise qb since the retirement of Jim Kelly. That is a generation ago. The Bills are in a position to draft either Gabbert or Newton. If they don't seize the opportunity they are foolish.

He has Locker going to the Vikings, hahahaha. Locker won't get drafted in the first.

The year Youboty was drafted, Banks had him in the first round, he went in the 3rd. Banks is clueless.

He was rated as a first or second round pick ny almost everyone.

To some extent any draft pick at any position is a risk. The Bills failed drafting OT Mike Williams at the fourth spot. The Bills failed drafting DT McCargo in the first round. The Bills failed drafting DE/OLB Maybin with their first pick. Eric Flowers was a LB taken in the first round.

The Bills have to trust their scouting ability and evaluators. If they make a judgment that there is no worthy qb prospect then draft for another position. Being spooked that any qb pick is too much of a risk is the type of weak thinking that Atlanta with Matt Ryan, St. Louis with Bradford and Tampa with Josh Freeman didn't exhibit with their first round qb picks. Their first round qb selections were without a doubt major factors in turning around losing teams and making them into competitive teams.

The Bills don't have a legitimate franchise qb on their current roster. At best, Fitz is a stop gap type of qb. If you look at the teams involved in the playoff over the last few years it is evident that having a good qb is essential for success.

The Bills have not had a legitimate franchise qb since the retirement of Jim Kelly. That is a generation ago. The Bills are in a position to draft either Gabbert or Newton. If they don't seize the opportunity they are foolish.

JP Losman. Donte Whitner. Leodis McKelvin. Marshawn Lynch. Willis McGahee. This is why it is critical we do not screw this pick up. We can't afford any projects. No more Maybins!

Yes they did and we can go through most teams in the league and find just as many busts on their teams. It's the way of the draft.

Their are no guarantees for any team.

The problem with arguing for drafting a QB by using St. Louis, Tampa, et al. is that those examples spent high first round draft choices on their Offensive line for at least a couple years BEFORE they drafted their franchise QB. Now, I'm not saying I don't trust Buddy and company to know whether to draft a QB at #3 but I don't think you can look at the other franchises and say, "Well, it worked for them so it should work for us" without taking into account how they drafted in the previous two to three years. I realize that may not be a popular opinion but........just sayin'...

He has Locker going to the Vikings, hahahaha. Locker won't get drafted in the first.

The year Youboty was drafted, Banks had him in the first round, he went in the 3rd. Banks is clueless.

Locker shouldnt get drafted. Period

Well said. I was on the safe pick train & still won't get upset if that's how they chose to go.

However, the Bills have never drafted a qb top 10. They have never used their 1st 1st round pick on a qb. They have tried every way to get a qb since Kelly (trade after one good game; little guy from the CFL; free agent; trade with a division rival for their backup; settling on the 4th best QB). Why don't we just draft an elite talent?

I love Fitz. But he is limited. Chan got the most out of his ability. This team owes it to CG to give him a legit talent to work with. If the Bills don't draft a qb with their 1st 2 picks, IMO, it will be a waste.