Torell Troup working on his core

Beerball

not only is it good to see our NT of the future working so hard, but its AWESOME to hear that he has such a support unit at home.

Bills defensive tackle Torell Troup is a self-starter by nature, but it’s his workout buddy that has really helped him move beyond his perceived limits. That partner in the gym is none other than his father, Tory Troup, who is fit as a 40-year old could possibly be.

The two have trained together since Troup’s college days at the University of Central Florida.

“Even when I used to come home from college on breaks or for a couple of weeks in the summer time I’d have the chance to lift with him,” Troup said. “Right now though is actually the first time where I’ve actually been able to lift weights with him for more than a month. I love being in the weight room with my father. He’s just as strong as I am.”

AWESOME!! :thumbsup: Sounds like this whole family is dedicated to Torell's career as a football player.

And even better, a true Buffalonian at heart!!

The time they spend together stretches far beyond the gym, with bowling another popular pursuit.
Edited by DrDankenstein

i isolate/watch the DT's at all home games....he needs to work on his LEG strength AND technique.

#1- he is weak and gets very little push. in fact, he gets knocked back often.

#2- technique wise he does the strangest thing i've ever seen. in an effort to gain leverage by getting low....he bends his right leg and turns his knee down and inwards.....thus putting most of his weight and pushing strength ALL on his left leg....it's not working.

yea yea...i know, he's young.......hope they can coach him up.

That wheel thing killed me when I did it. My core is rather round....

so your in shape....."round" is a shape....lol

i isolate/watch the DT's at all home games....he needs to work on his LEG strength AND technique.

#2- technique wise he does the strangest thing i've ever seen. in an effort to gain leverage by getting low....he bends his right leg and turns his knee down and inwards.....thus putting most of his weight and pushing strength ALL on his left leg....it's not working.

yeah, hes a real pussywillow

Edited by karl malones other son

He needs more strength but he does not get pushed back. In his rook year BJ Ragi looked like TT in his first year and he's looking pretty damn good now. Let's see what the new season brings.

not only is it good to see our NT of the future working so hard, but its AWESOME to hear that he has such a support unit at home.

AWESOME!! :thumbsup: Sounds like this whole family is dedicated to Torell's career as a football player.

And even better, a true Buffalonian at heart!!

I've long felt this had as much impact as the conditioning issues when choosing him over Cody. Cody had serious issues at home, and serious issues being away from home. I think having a stable environment helped make troup the choice.

WTF! Going light on upper and lower to focus on core training, F'ing retarded. the only core training he should be doing is seeing how many steaks and potatoes he can stuff in there to get his weight back up. People forget that core training also includes the back and he (and everyone else) should be hitting Squats and Deadlifts and pushing the sled. World renown strength Coach Charles Poliquin says the only core training one needs is squats and deadlifts and I couldn't agree more. When I quit ab training it had zero effect on my performance and my squat and dead have gone from 545 to 645 over time.

We will really need to draft a real nose after this. I have been hoping that Troupe would have seen his shortcomings( no leg drive, can't handle double teams) and worked on this. It seems now that he is trying to be more fit like his dad instead of focusing on becoming an elite NT. :doh:

planks and roll outs are the best ab exercises there are in my experience.

You can do curls or situps all day long, and you will NEVER get the results that planks and roll outs give you. Plus, planks work the back as well.

I do agree that deadlifts and rows are key to training the back. But core strength is CRUCIAL. Just my opinion, though.

Core training increases stamina. If you had stuck with it long enough you would have noticed the difference and I'm not just talking about having killer abs. He may just think that he will be playing on every down this year and is preparing for that.

WTF! Going light on upper and lower to focus on core training, F'ing retarded. the only core training he should be doing is seeing how many steaks and potatoes he can stuff in there to get his weight back up. People forget that core training also includes the back and he (and everyone else) should be hitting Squats and Deadlifts and pushing the sled. World renown strength Coach Charles Poliquin says the only core training one needs is squats and deadlifts and I couldn't agree more. When I quit ab training it had zero effect on my performance and my squat and dead have gone from 545 to 645 over time.

We will really need to draft a real nose after this. I have been hoping that Troupe would have seen his shortcomings( no leg drive, can't handle double teams) and worked on this. It seems now that he is trying to be more fit like his dad instead of focusing on becoming an elite NT. :doh:

god...good thing none of you guys are the s&c coaches. core is maybe the most important part of the body when it comes to athletics, stabilization, coordination, and maximum physical output are all linked to core strength. also alot of injuries can be traced back to core issues. it actually shows pretty good insight into the body and strength, id be willing to bet that if more athletes took a page from troupe you would see less injury at 1 bills drive

core training also helps you avoid lower back pain/injuries....

Many of the "muscle head" types don't bother with it because there are no 50 lb dumbbells involved, but core training is about a LOT more than just having a 6 pack.

Doing planks and roll outs might not wow the ladies, but it can help your lower back stand up to constant bending/shoving/twisting that happens on the line of scrimmage, as well as give you more power to shove back

Edited by trolls_r_us

His goal is to roll the wheel out standing up and going out into plank position before rolling back, and he wants to do it 10 times.

This is our 2nd round draft pick.

If you can't cry, you must laugh.

Edited by Mr. WEO

god...good thing none of you guys are the s&c coaches. core is maybe the most important part of the body when it comes to athletics, stabilization, coordination, and maximum physical output are all linked to core strength. also alot of injuries can be traced back to core issues. it actually shows pretty good insight into the body and strength, id be willing to bet that if more athletes took a page from troupe you would see less injury at 1 bills drive

Mango is dead on. Besides, Chan already said the teams S&C coaches were focusing on squats,etc for the lower body strength. TT wouldn't be doing any training program if it were not okay'd by the team. Core is fundemental strength training. You can pile on weight or even muscle on top, but if your core isn't strong, you're not. A guy that big doing the wheel is impressive. I invite you all to try it sometime. It's a killer and back in the day I could crank a few out.....not so much now. The kid is on the right track.

Mango is dead on. Besides, Chan already said the teams S&C coaches were focusing on squats,etc for the lower body strength. TT wouldn't be doing any training program if it were not okay'd by the team. Core is fundemental strength training. You can pile on weight or even muscle on top, but if your core isn't strong, you're not. A guy that big doing the wheel is impressive. I invite you all to try it sometime. It's a killer and back in the day I could crank a few out.....not so much now. The kid is on the right track.

Thank you. The posters here who think this is a sign of weakness or that he isn't getting

professional strength and conditioning direction from the Bills TWO strength coaches (one

of whom was a National Champion power lifter) are way off base.