Mo Hassan Trial

Mo Hassan  

20 members have voted

1. 1. The case goes to the jury tomorrow. What do you think?

• Guilty
    • Not Guilty
    • Mis-trial

I admit it. I have been following this with rapt attention. This guy is such a narcissistic meglo-maniac; it's actually fun watching him go down in flames.

I suspect that he fired each of his previsous attorneys because each one told him to plead down. Schwartz probably told him the same thing, but the judge wouldn't let Hassan fire him.

I think the only question is whether it takes longer to read the jury their instructions than it does for the verdict to come back.

Your thoughts?

I admit it. I have been following this with rapt attention. This guy is such a narcissistic meglo-maniac; it's actually fun watching him go down in flames.

I suspect that he fired each of his previsous attorneys because each one told him to plead down. Schwartz probably told him the same thing, but the judge wouldn't let Hassan fire him.

I think the only question is whether it takes longer to read the jury their instructions than it does for the verdict to come back.

Your thoughts?

I think I don't know what the !@#$ you're talking about.

I believe this is the dude who beheaded his wife down the street from OBD... and who ironically ran a foundation to relieve Americans' misconceptions about Islam. You know, like, how Muslims don't just go around beheading people. Oh.... wait....

Link

It's only been the top headline of the News every day for 2 weeks or so......It was national news when it happened, and I think again when the trail started.

Your thoughts?

This case is ridiculous. He walked into the police station after he committed the violent act and told them he did it. Now he's trying to play every angle he can. He's a fool. <BANG, BANG> GUILTY!

His guilt is a foregone conclusion....he admitted beheading his wife to the prosecution...It kind of seems like his whole case is based on making his wife appear like the one made him suffer and drove him to committing the act and thus somehow have his sentence reduced to manslaughter.

So is he claiming self defense? 'Cause that's some wicked self-defense.

Basically that's the way it seems, I think the quote I read from the prosecutor was like "She was bringing him laundry and he brought her two hunting knives." Doesn't really sound like self defense to me.

Jury is In. Guilty.

WTF

A jury of eight men and four women has found Muzzammil "Mo" Hassan guilty of second-degree murder in the stabbing and beheading of his wife, Aasiya, in February 2009.

The jury took only 50 minutes to deliberate, clearly moved by the mountain of evidence and eyewitness testimony presented by prosecutors Colleen Curtin Gable and Paul Bonnanno that Hassan was a longtime abuser who methodically planned the brutal, blood-soaked attack on his wife in the darkened hallway of the Bridges TV studio.

Your thoughts?

20 years to life most likely sentence when all is said & done. Let him rot, no meeting 1000 virgins anytime soon. Just as with "Honor killings" these Arab bastids who think in their own world that there is justification for killing a spouse or daughter offer an insight into the dangerous mindset of many Arab men IMHO. On second thought they should just cut off his balls and let him bleed to death while showering him with pigs blood. Here is another link: http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/07/muzzammil-hassan-guilty-of-2nd-degree-murder-for-beheading-wife/

20 years to life most likely sentence when all is said & done. Let him rot, no meeting 1000 virgins anytime soon. Just as with "Honor killings" these Arab bastids who think in their own world that there is justification for killing a spouse or daughter offer an insight into the dangerous mindset of many Arab men IMHO. On second thought they should just cut off his balls and let him bleed to death while showering him with pigs blood. Here is another link: http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/07/muzzammil-hassan-guilty-of-2nd-degree-murder-for-beheading-wife/

How can this not just be a life sentence? I don't understand this about our judicial system. You kill someone for no good reason, your ass should be locked up PERMANENTLY. The guy is admitting he cut his wife's HEAD off. His own kids say he's a douchebag. I'm glad they found him guilty, but if this is anything less than a life sentence without possibility of parole, then that's just fugged up man.

I don't understand how Booster's link shows that this was 2nd degree murder. What the hell do you have to do to be charged with 1st degree? Wasn't this totally premeditated?

Exactly....this was an innocent MOTHER. This evil bastard needs to rot in hell. I don't understand how there can be any debate over that.

Not to bust your bluster there Steve...but the sicko is Pakistani.....

....and yes there is a difference.

Not to bust your bluster there Steve...but the sicko is Pakistani.....

....and yes there is a difference.

Yep You are correct my bad. Even so the mindset of Honor killings seems to me, to be almost exclusive to men of middle eastern decent whose religious roots are Muslim. Not saying it never happened but don't remember ever reading about a father not of middle eastern decent killing his daughter because she wore sexy clothes, makeup or somehow dishonored him. Violent people who think nothing of murdering wives and daughters. If this is how they treat wives and daughters, violently torturing and murdering them, is there any doubt in anyone's mind that these religious fanatics will continue to try to kill us.

Aasiya Hassan is the 13th pic down: http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2009/03/honor-killing-islams-gruesome-gallery.html

is there any doubt in anyone's mind that these religious fanatics will continue to try to kill us.

There shouldn't be. Religious fanatics (of all varieties) will always be trying to kill people, they've been doing it for millennia.

If there is a case for the death penalty this is IT.

Mo chopped off his wifey's head, then has the gull to bring his own daughter to the witness stand. WTF????

This guy should be on death row tommorrow. No way this is not 1st degree murder.

I just do not understand the justice system in this country..

There shouldn't be. Religious fanatics (of all varieties) will always be trying to kill people, they've been doing it for millennia.

True but these animals are more organized and have a broader network in place to do a greater number of people harm than anytime in history. They will keep trying and the result is that we will continue to be less free as a people. We are up against religious fanatics who think their reward if they die while trying to kill us is a thousand virgins. And while exact numbers are not important, how many fanatic Hitler like Muslim leaders (religious or otherwise) who can prey on young impressionable minds preach hatred and Jihad against the west everyday? Bottom line is that many hate us and wish us dead.

Mo gets the last laugh and revenge on us all. NYS taxpayers can support his butt for the next 50 years. Yeah we showed him.............or not :wallbash:

Give me 5 mins with Mo with a shotgun, some gin, and a 8x8 room , there that will solve the problem lol

I am joking ofcourse :)

If there is a case for the death penalty this is IT.

Mo chopped off his wifey's head, then has the gull to bring his own daughter to the witness stand. WTF????

This guy should be on death row tommorrow. No way this is not 1st degree murder.

I just do not understand the justice system in this country..

It boggles the mind how this not 1st degree murder and the death penalty.

It's people like this that i really dont mind saying just shoot him in the head. The man has no regret based on his actions and words in court.Plus it saves us tax payers $$$.

If he gets sentenced to death there will be countless appeals, countless dollars spent, and countless time wasted on this scum.

Premeditation is not a condition for any homicide charge in New York.

Seems so

A person is guilty of murder in the first degree when:

1. With intent to cause the death of another person, he causes the

death of such person or of a third person; and

(a) Either:

And then a long list, none of which seems to apply.

Seems so

And then a long list, none of which seems to apply.

I might be wrong, but I don't think "intent" is the same as "premeditation." Premeditation involves forethought, plotting in advance. Intent only involves one's thoughts immediately prior to and during the act.

For example, if I were to turn to my roommate right now and stab him in the base of the neck, I will have intended to kill him, but it involved no premeditation. I simply picked up my knife, walked over, and stabbed him.

He seems to have had intent, premeditation and all that.

Anybody know why this was considered 2nd degree?

Take a look at Booster's link, it has all sorts of requirements for 1st degree.

He seems to have had intent, premeditation and all that.

Anybody know why this was considered 2nd degree?

Sometimes the DA will go after a lesser degree if they are sure they can get a conviction, instead of the higher degree if they think the person might get off.

Yep You are correct my bad. Even so the mindset of Honor killings seems to me, to be almost exclusive to men of middle eastern decent whose religious roots are Muslim. Not saying it never happened but don't remember ever reading about a father not of middle eastern decent killing his daughter because she wore sexy clothes, makeup or somehow dishonored him. Violent people who think nothing of murdering wives and daughters. If this is how they treat wives and daughters, violently torturing and murdering them, is there any doubt in anyone's mind that these religious fanatics will continue to try to kill us.

Aasiya Hassan is the 13th pic down: http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2009/03/honor-killing-islams-gruesome-gallery.html

I completely agree...it sickens me. My parents worked in the middle east...so i went to high school there...I completely understand the socially (hell basic human rights)/religiously repressive societies that exist there. It may be 2011 .... but in some parts of our planet...women still live in the stone age.

I might be wrong, but I don't think "intent" is the same as "premeditation." Premeditation involves forethought, plotting in advance. Intent only involves one's thoughts immediately prior to and during the act.

For example, if I were to turn to my roommate right now and stab him in the base of the neck, I will have intended to kill him, but it involved no premeditation. I simply picked up my knife, walked over, and stabbed him.

Sorry for the miscommunication. I was agreeing with you.