5 FUI VAKAPUNA UT BENGALS FB

6 TAHI NAUFAHU UT VIKINGS FB

7 MAAKE MEOEATU HI PANTHERS DT

8 FENUKI TUPOU USA EAGLES T

9 DEUCE LUTUI USA CARDINALS G

10 MOISE FOKOU USA EAGLES LB

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/01/14/60minutes/main6097706.shtml

Lets just get some Somoans on our Roster an start kicking some people around

There was a 60 minutes report last year about football in Samoa. It was really an impoverished place and those kids grow up there thinking football is their way off the island. The equipment used by the high school teams are donated crap discarded by the mainland and wouldn't pass any sort of inspection here. Their economy depended on a cannery on the island that got shut down, and it really did look like a third world country.

That being said, it really goes to show why they are so successful. Hard work and talent will take you a long way.

Don't know if he is Samoan but Stephen Paea in the second would fit the bill: 6'2" 315

youtube.com/watch?v=laPi34hC6UU&feature=related

He is Tongan (they said so in the video) and he's very impressive. He looks very much like Kyle Williams. Very good initial burst, very good leverage and anchor for his size. One-gap type player who plays in the opponents backfield. Almost a carbon copy of Williams.

We had a chance at drafting Ngata and he even thought he was going to be drafted by the Bills but what ever brain child that was in charge of the pick that year should have lost there job over that one !!!

Can you imagine with just a few different picks what this team would have should have could have been ????

Orapko - Ngata - Matthews ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

He is Tongan (they said so in the video) and he's very impressive. He looks very much like Kyle Williams. Very good initial burst, very good leverage and anchor for his size. One-gap type player who plays in the opponents backfield. Almost a carbon copy of Williams.

I always mute the sound so I can focus on their play

I spent a year in Iraq with the military recently. I worked with many Tongan Marines. I would meet them for runs or workouts in the gym. I'm in decent shape and those guys are another level. When we would eat dinner you would look at their plates and they were piled with meat. I would joke with them and ask them if the small Tongans were back home, and they would say there all no small Tongans. I would say how can I get as big as you and they would point to the huge plate of meat. They are naturally big boned, muscular people. Everyone I met from that country, which is in the 100's, were the nicest people you'll ever meet. I have encountered the same thing with Samoans, on a smaller scale, just because I've met fewer. I've worked closely with many different people from all over the world and they seem to be some of the hardest working, honest, professional people. I think if the guy shows he has the talent though your scouting of him, you have a good shot he will do well and not get fat and lazy once he gets that big contract. I won't say that about some other people I've met from other countries. Just my experience.

I have been saying this for a while. Am I a racist?

That is like saying that "we have too slow of a team, we need more black players." Though, it is statistically true that the vast majority of world class sprinters are black, this statement almost got a college football coach (Fisher DeBerry) canned a few years back.

We had a chance at drafting Ngata and he even thought he was going to be drafted by the Bills but what ever brain child that was in charge of the pick that year should have lost there job over that one !!!

Can you imagine with just a few different picks what this team would have should have could have been ????

Orapko - Ngata - Matthews ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Weren't orakpo and Matthews the same year?

we drafted CJ ah You a few yrs back, he cut cut in camp if memory serves me correctly

I believe he is on the rams line now- and contributing.

Didn't his father have a connection in buffalo??

I joked about Fijians earlier in this thread. Oddly there are no Fijians in the NFL even though there are many Samoans, Tongans, and Hawaiians. It's even more odd that Fijians are well-represented on New Zealand's powerhouse rugby team, the All Blacks.

Anyways, for anyone interested, here's a little blog piece on Pacific Islanders in the NFL…it's a bit dated though. It was written in 2006.

http://baleta.blogspot.com/2006/01/samoan-influence-in-nfl-playoffs.html

Take look at current somoan players in the NFL....some solid players

Lets just get some Somoans on our Roster an start kicking some people around

Let's get some big-a** mean hard-hitting SOB players of any nationality or background and start kicking some people around.

Unfortunately I think the Bills Brain Trust will see it like some here and we'll be drafting a CB or WR or a streeeeetch QB

I was mistaken about Stanford DT Sione Fua (pronunciation: see-OWN-ay foo-AH) - he's Tongan. Samoan, Tonga, Fijian...what's the difference? They're all Polynesian.

The Bills should grab him in the 4th round anyway, if he's still there - apparently, in Tongan, ' Fua ' means " Die, Patriots, DIE!!!! "

Link - One-on-one with Sione Fua

post-2970-036897900 1295359288_thumb.jpg

"Akin" is a short name for "Akinola", which in Yoruba language means 'undefeated warrior'. He is of Nigerian descent. He is the older brother of NFL defensive tackle Remi Ayodele.

We just need some "bad" people who are angels outside the white lines. Like a "Lady in the street, but a freak in the sheets" kinda deal.

I enjoyed the tape on Paea and the interview with the other fellow Fua.

Looks and sounds like both would be assets. But the film on Paea really has me intrigued as an addition. Where will he land at pick time? i will go research some more but i have seen his name mentioned a couple times now. Is he a real possibilty for us?

I say welcome aboard. As long as i get my Dareus./wink. He brings alot of dimensions in skills to the field from what film you showed us. And lotsa upside. imho of course

Bumb

You heard it from Captain Hindisight First

which one?

Edited by 3rdand12