Lynch

fridge

As Mayock says, best run ever made in an NFL playoff game.

Most good athletes need a big stage.

Marshawn is the happiest player in the league right now.

That run instantly reminded me of the that movie "300"…that's how awesome that run was!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is for Billsphan on a previous topic(now locked) on Lynch: I usually just read and go on when I see a post that doesn't make sense like that one, but this one is too much: Lynch has one nice run and he makes Nix look like a bumbling old man on national tv? Come on!!! What if Lynch fumbles the ball and New Orleans recovers and runs it in for the winning touchdown, then Nix looks like a genius on National TV? If you only took the time to think for a minute and understand that Lynch was on the market from the start of preseason, when he didnt report early in camp it was obvious that he did not want to play in Buffalo, but no team wanted to take a chance on him early, than Nix had to wait for the season to start and wait for a team with injuries or bad running game(ex:Packers,Seahawks,Colts) to start making offers for Lynch, the best offer that came in was Seattle's and the trade was made, it's that simple. Now I agree that Nix still made some questionable moves since he's with the Bills, but trading Lynch certainly is not one of them.

I didn't watch the game or this run until just now on espn. What a bogus piece of cap everyone is making this run out to be. This is nothing short of what he has done when he was in Buffalo and it really wasn't that impressive. The Saints couldn't tackle for s$&t, and that stiff arm was weak!!! He didn't "throw" or "shove", or "push" Porter off of hi. Like many have said on this board. I was expecting to see an Earl Campbell type run with a sick stiff arm in it. He barely touched Porter and stopped while doing it at the same time that Porter was really just backpeddling. I remember watching Travis Henry stiff arm defenders into the concrete under the turf.

FYI with as average as I thught this run was, it's still the best run of his career and he will NEVER do anything like it again.

Fact is still that Lynch didn't do crap all year for the Hawks and had 1 good run during an important game and everyone blows a gasket. What a joke some people are in this board. He showed he didn't deserve to be here as Freddy was better (even though he was older) and we were able to get something for nothing. He is the reason why we suck. Because we pick sub par talent and hang on to them too long and expect them to be better than they really are, just like Poz, Whitner, Kelsey, Schobel, McGee (smart move to let Greer walk considering Terrance hasn't played in more than about 8 games a year since he left), Evans, Stroud, Mitchell, etc....... I could go at this all day with current and previous players that we (buffalo fans and FO) think are better than they really are. They finally got something for the pot smoking, gun toting, drunk driving, Canadian hitting, vehicle manslaughtering POS and I'm happy. He won't be finishing next season anyway. It's only a matter of time before he gets in trouble again. He's a dumb f$&k!!!!!! I can't believe many if you can't see this. Ugh!!!!!

I agree. Earl Campbell/Bo Jackson he's not (there are and will probably always be only one of each of those). It was a very good run and effort and I'm glad for him but I was amazed to see how pathetic NO's run defense/tackling was all day. Made a lousy OLine look great.

Lynch had a similar run (one) for us last year (maybe 40-45 yards for a TD, if memory serves)though I can't recall the opposition. He was in "feast mode" at the time and sort of fell over the goal line because he was totally gassed/out of shape. He's clearly in better shape now and if he keeps his nose clean he will be a serviceable back for the Hawks. The trade was a fair and reasonable on for both teams, all things considered.

He broke like 867 tackles on that run. When did he ever break one in Buffalo?

All the time. In fact one of the reasons people liked him was because he was difficult to bring down. It took groups of players to bring him

to the ground. One guy rarely tackled him.

yeah, this is ridiculous. The guy had a 2.2 ypc average going into this game. He is one screw up away from being suspended for the season. You take that run out of the game and he doesn't finish over 70 yards.

Sure, it was an amazing run. Pry the most amazing run i've ever seen. But that's one play. CJ Spiller made a ton of plays in the preseason, yet look at where he is overall. We saw Beastmode for 1 year and then glimpses. But it was declining over time. We made the right move.

This doesn't change anything

Take the 67 yard run out and his stats are 64 yards on 18 carries for 3.5 yard average. Exactly how the bum played here. He's a joke.

Seriously. People are such overreacting idiots. Let's just ignore these facts:

1) The Saints' defense played one of the most pathetic playoff games ever. It was disgraceful & heartless. Good bye head coaching job for Greggo.

2) Lynch average 3.5 ypc & had 3 lost fumbles on 165 carries. http://www.nfl.com/players/marshawnlynch/profile?id=LYN442976 He was outperformed by Fred Jackson.

3) He has 2 strikes.

But he had a good run so he's the best now & the Bills are the worst team ever. :thumbsup:

You forget though that he is one mistake away from a BIG suspension. :rolleyes:

Well what's done is done. Might as well have a laugh about it :)

So is Merriman, did that stop the clowns Nix and Gailey?

Win - win for both Lynch and the Bills. Great run by Lynch but then watching his sideline antics after (spiking the ball by their bench and acting like a kid playing Pop Warner Football who scored his first touchdown) and you realize that he is still an immature punk. I will take the 4th this year and 5th next year all day long!

How do you figure? The farther the Seahawks go in the draft, the lower their pick is?

So is Merriman, did that stop the clowns Nix and Gailey?

If you're honestly comparing Merriman's NFL career to Lynch's, you're even dumber than I thought. You can find rbs that average 3.5 ypc anywhere. I'd rather take a chance on the former best pass rusher in football.

Fortunately there are other traits' to being a running back than just a power runner, Jackson is a much better cut guy, receiver, picks up blitzes better and outperformed Marthug the last two years on the field. He is a dependable teammate for this bills' that no time soon will be suspended for four games also for being a jackass.

Not to dis Freddie, because I like him, but you obviously didn't watch the games if you say he is a good receiver? He dropped almost every pass that was thrown his way this year, even the little short swing passes.

I can't help wondering if Lynch didn't have all the character issues & the suspension, if he would still be a Bill? Which in turn makes me wonder if we would have drafted Spiller. I can't help thinking Nix is a no nonsense guy that believes in character players, & Lynch's days were numbered well before the draft. Let's just hope we get a real stud for that 4th round pick, & that Spiller shines next year. Maybe then we can watch the highlite of that spectacular run & enjoy it more.

BS it has been a horrible year for him--the Seahawks have one of the worst run blocking, and most unstable, offensive lines in the league. No back playing behind that line was successful.

Lynch is going to be a pro bowl caliber runner in this league for a loong time--the Bills' biggest mistake this decade, as HE is exactly what they now need!

I may agree with this one. I had to take a break from football and The Bills for a while. I couldn't beleive they traded this guy. I saw him last nite early in the game and said "Lynch"?? I thought he was a Bill??? Lmao. I just thought he was hurt and Freddie was filling in. I guess I can take a break again. Nothing changes in Buffalo!....???

Irregardless of the fact that Marshawn had some off-field issues, or that I was 100% against trading him, of that there is no such word as ' irregardless ' - Lynch is one helluva punishing back. Everyone is focusing on yesterday's 67-yd TD run - which was freakin' amazing - but I think this one more accurately typifies ' BEASTMODE ' ...

I wish ML (and JP) best of luck in the playoffs. :thumbsup:

Irregardless of the fact that Marshawn had some off-field issues, or that I was 100% against trading him, of that there is no such word as ' irregardless ' - Lynch is one helluva punishing back. Everyone is focusing on yesterday's 67-yd TD run - which was freakin' amazing - but I think this one more accurately typifies ' BEASTMODE ' ...

Look at the score too. Down by 21 points. Damn. I always liked ML build. He is like a battering ram.

Edited by Cadidliac