with the 3rd pick in the NFL Draft.....

papazoid

the team has a franchise qb...fitz proved it today by not being in there!(with an assit from brohm by being in there) ..he makes all around him better..he has guts,brains and one hell of a beard!

Fitzpatrick isnt a franchise qb..He is just better than the crap we have had for the past 10 yrs..If Luck is available to them whether by trade or dumb luck you should take him..

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you thought about that.

You're not drafting from every QB in the NFL.

You're drafting from the 2011 draft class.

So you get a 98 draft grade with Luck. But you get a 93 with Newton or a 92 with Mallet.

Is it really worth paying the huge cost to trade up?

According to the draft value chart it would take the Bills 1st,2nd and 3rd round pick to get the #1.

Remember Nix was involved in the receiving end of the Eli Manning\Philip Rivers. I think most would agree San Diego got the better part of that deal.

The Giants won the Super Bowl because of the D-Line and that crazy helmet catch not Eli.

BTW "best in years" has no concrete meaning.

no neither does saying a guy is the best ever. thats a throwaway line.

yea eli had nothing to do with that super bowl win. right.

I know there's no way we are getting Luck, but I have the feeling if Newton has a big game next week, he moves into the discussion........Will the Broncos possibly take him, or will they not because they just took Tebow in the first round this year?

go back and look further, find a super bowl since 1983 or 1984 that did not have at least one 1st round QB, yea others get there and win it, but theres almost always a premier 1st round QB.

Going back further you don't have to worry about Free Agency so much.

I know there's no way we are getting Luck, but I have the feeling if Newton has a big game next week, he moves into the discussion........Will the Broncos possibly take him, or will they not because they just took Tebow in the first round this year?

No possible way the Broncos take a QB.

Newton will be there for the Bills at #3, but Fairely or Marcell Dareus would be great picks they are 1 man wrecking crews. With Kyle the Rockpile next to them it would be an instant uprade to the defense. It would take 3-4 opposing offensive lineman just to block those two guys.

Fitzpatrick isnt a franchise qb..He is just better than the crap we have had for the past 10 yrs..If Luck is available to them whether by trade or dumb luck you should take him..

i told you why i think he (fitz) is... but you didnt list why you think he isnt..and you also said"we" are you on the team? my opinion is fitz is the franchise until proven otherwise..... besides the team has much more problems to adress

Edited by JPCinTULLY

It's the 4th pick, isn't it? With a tie in SoS (Bills and Bengals @ .589), the Bills beat the Bengals so the Bengals will draft ahead of the Bills.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

http://www.wgr550.com/BUSCAGLIA--Bills-To-Draft-3rd--What-to-Expect-/8895348

last time the Bills picked 3rd they grabbed someone by the name of Bruce Smith. I might be crazy, but I think we should follow a similar road map.

Which Bruce Smith was picked 3rd?

last time the Bills picked 3rd they grabbed someone by the name of Bruce Smith. I might be crazy, but I think we should follow a similar road map.

Rockin your wrong Bruce Smith went #1 overall in 1985.. Get it right young one.

If the Bills have any aspirations of grooming a young QB for the future, they're gonna have to go QB with the #3 overall pick. Fitz will still be the man next season but i suspect unless he bombs in the title game they will select Cam Newton #3 overall. Personally I'm a Ryan Mallet guy so I'm kinda hoping they take him (assuming Luck goes #1 overall or does not come out).

Anyway, QB is the only offensive position they should even consider at #3. If not QB then i agree that Fairley or Dareus would be excellent choices.

Look at that list. For those who kept saying picking 7-9 and getting the win today is better than picking 2-4 and losing today:

1. Buffalo - Bruce Smith, DE Virginia Tech

2. Atlanta - Bill Fralic, G Pittsburgh

3. Houston - Ray Childress, DT Texas A&M

4. Minnesota - Chris Doleman, DE Pittsburgh

5. Indianapolis - Duane Bickett, OLB Southern California

6. Detroit - Lomas Brown, T Florida

7. Green Bay - Ken Ruettgers, T Southern California

8. Tampa Bay - Ron Holmes, DE Washington

9. Philadelphia - Kevin Allen, T Indiana

Picks 2-4 went to 17 Pro Bowls. Picks 7-9 went to zero! nada! none!

Mallet is fools gold, I would be happy with luck or newton but make no mistake about it we need a qb, we keep fitz for a season as a hitting dummy sign a notable free agent RG and RT and use the rest of our drafts to address run stuffing, rushing and recieving.

WE NEED A FREAKIN QB and this year there is 2 of THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Her's an idea...work the freaking draft and gain extra picks! We need some draft pick volume!

I say trade down with Arizona. Let them take Mallet and we could pick up an extra 3rd and 4th round pick. If you love Cam Newton, trade down again and try to get him around 9-10.

This year should be all about the front seven on defense and the OL. We need some big time help on the right side of the OL and some nasty run stopping DL, speed LB's.

Though I'd love to grab a QB I'd OK if Fitz stays. Though why not Kllen Moore of Boise State in the 4th or 5th? He's undersized but a gamer.

Edited by KRT88

many are saying he his the best QB prospect in years. IF thats true then he is worth making a move for.

a lot of people said that about Leaf too when he came out

From CNNSI "Leaf appears to be the hot QB in this draft, and he led WSU to a storybook season"

June Jones Leaf's former coach "I've known Peyton Manning for a long time and I really love the kid. But when I went and watched Ryan Leaf workout he was impressive. I came away excited about coaching Ryan Leaf. He is going to be a franchise guy."

Bobby Beathard former SD GM "You can go five to ten years without getting a chance to draft a quarterback like this."

I would stay away from Luck unless he falls to us at the 3 spot. We need to fix our D anyway and stay with Fitz longer he still has an upside and was impressive this year. Plus our luck with Stanford QB's isn't good.

Scenario's as I see them:

Carolina - If Luck declares, may be too hard to pass up. However, team is run kinda like the Bills and they may not want to spend that kind of money. Also, they are way worse than us and have a ton more holes to fill. I have to think their first priority is to listen to offers. If they do stand pat, then I wonder if they don't go for the cheaper option and pass on the Luck, Bowers, and Fairly. All three of those guys play positions that ask for 70 mil. Plus, as horrible as he was to start, I hear the Clausen movement has gained some support and they may be willing to build around him. Also, as we see every year, there is always a ridiculous amount of hype in the offseason that builds up players to top 3 status that we aren't even talking about now. There is a large part of me that see's Cam Newton having a huge game that could make him the #1 overall pick over Luck. I disagree with the choice if it happens, but wouldn't be surprised.

Denver - I think there is enough Tebow love out there where they will be willing to pass on a QB. Like Carolina, they have a ton of holes, especially on Defense. With the Fairly and Bowers there, I think they def go there. However, if Carolina passes on Luck, I also could see people trading to get ahead of us afraid we will take Luck.

Buffalo - I think everyone is going to be really upset with what we do. I think that with Kyle Williams and Troup as our 2nd last year, we will not go DT. I think there may be some fear from Maybin and the idea of getting a 4-3 DE to convert to OLB is scary. Also, with the way Moats played, I could see them feeling we are okay there.

So, what will they do? If Luck is there, I think he will still want #1 money and we will pass. And I will lose my mind. Who they will take, I don't know. But we have no reason to believe that Ralph will bust out the wallet. I think a trade back is what Ralph will want, but that is not Nix's MO. No matter what, I don't see Fairly, Bowers, or Luck in a Bills uniform next year.

With that being said, passing on Luck or not trading up to 1st to get him, I think will haunt us for years to come. I think he will be that good. I'm talking Matt Ryan, immediate good. Watch the kid play. He is cerebral like Peyton, physical like Big Ben, and quick like Rodgers. This kid will be an absolute star. Nothing against Fitz, but the upgrade would be too much to pass on.

But pass on him, we will...

i told you why i think he (fitz) is... but you didnt list why you think he isnt..and you also said"we" are you on the team? my opinion is fitz is the franchise until proven otherwise..... besides the team has much more problems to adress

I consider myself part of the team. I mean i buy there merchindise, support em, pay 200 so odd dollars every year for the NFL ticket to watch them lose so i would say I am a part of the team....I think most fans would.

Luck has been turned into something he is not. He is a better prospect than Mallet or Newton but not by a significant enough degree to pull a Ricky Williams.

Nick Fairely or Marcell Dareaus will be a great edition to the Bills and will lead to more wins in the short team over a young QB.

Cam Newton is not realistic NFL prospect, if the bills draft him in the first round they are dead to me

Carolina - If Luck declares, may be too hard to pass up. However, team is run kinda like the Bills and they may not want to spend that kind of money. Also, they are way worse than us and have a ton more holes to fill. I have to think their first priority is to listen to offers. If they do stand pat, then I wonder if they don't go for the cheaper option and pass on the Luck, Bowers, and Fairly. All three of those guys play positions that ask for 70 mil. Plus, as horrible as he was to start, I hear the Clausen movement has gained some support and they may be willing to build around him. Also, as we see every year, there is always a ridiculous amount of hype in the offseason that builds up players to top 3 status that we aren't even talking about now. There is a large part of me that see's Cam Newton having a huge game that could make him the #1 overall pick over Luck. I disagree with the choice if it happens, but wouldn't be surprised.

Denver - I think there is enough Tebow love out there where they will be willing to pass on a QB. Like Carolina, they have a ton of holes, especially on Defense. With the Fairly and Bowers there, I think they def go there. However, if Carolina passes on Luck, I also could see people trading to get ahead of us afraid we will take Luck.

Buffalo - I think everyone is going to be really upset with what we do. I think that with Kyle Williams and Troup as our 2nd last year, we will not go DT. I think there may be some fear from Maybin and the idea of getting a 4-3 DE to convert to OLB is scary. Also, with the way Moats played, I could see them feeling we are okay there.

So, what will they do? If Luck is there, I think he will still want #1 money and we will pass. And I will lose my mind. Who they will take, I don't know. But we have no reason to believe that Ralph will bust out the wallet. I think a trade back is what Ralph will want, but that is not Nix's MO. No matter what, I don't see Fairly, Bowers, or Luck in a Bills uniform next year.

With that being said, passing on Luck or not trading up to 1st to get him, I think will haunt us for years to come. I think he will be that good. I'm talking Matt Ryan, immediate good. Watch the kid play. He is cerebral like Peyton, physical like Big Ben, and quick like Rodgers. This kid will be an absolute star. Nothing against Fitz, but the upgrade would be too much to pass on.

You are insane.

If Luck fell to #3 the Bills would do a Spiller like dash to the podium.

BTW the Bills have the #16 Payroll in 2010 so realize that Ralph does open his wallet. They Spent more than the Eagles, Chargers, Packers, Colts, Patriots, and Ravens.

Cam Newton is not realistic NFL prospect, if the bills draft him in the first round they are dead to me

You base this on what?

He is Tim Tebow with passing skills.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I am going on the assumption that Luck does not come out or goes #1 to Carolina. Half of this board is going to go nuts no matter who we take as there is absolutely nobody other than Luck that will satisfy everyone.

I would be happy with trading back if possible and taking either Newton or Locker/Mallett around the 10th pick or so. Use the rest of our picks (2nd round plus whatever we pick up) on DL/LBs. If we can't trade down, then I don't know, I personally like Newton, but that's just me.

Don't forget, a lot will also depend on what (if anything) we do in free agency.

My I'm getting sick of getting pushed around like a shopping cart Free agency and Draft

Draft

1. Fairley 3-4 DE

2. Courtney Upshaw ILB

3. Aarons Williams CB

4. Kenrick Ellis NT

4. Don'ta Hightower ILB

5. Phil Taylor NT

Free agency

Lamarr Woodley OLB

Paul Solia NT

Jeremy Trueblood ROT

Controversial Trade Kyle Williams DT to Chicago for Greg Olsen TE- I expect hate on this

Starting Dline Carrington LDE, Solia NT, Fairley RDE

Starting LBs Woodley LOLB, Upshaw ILB, Moats ILB, Merrimen ROLB

Edited by ....lybob

ive said it several times, 1st round QBs get teams to super bowls and win them.

this team will never seriously compete for that goal until they have a better QB.

Not always. Joe Montana, a 3rd round draft pick took the 49ers to 4 Superbowls and won all 4. Tom Brady, a 6th round draft pick took the Pats to 4 Superbowls and won 3 (and looks to be on his way to a 5th Superbowl). While the Manning bros were both first round draft picks, combined they went to 3 Superbowls on won two. Granted every Bills fan would love even one Superbowl victory, it's not essential to have a first round QB all the time. For every Manning (Peyton & Eli), and Rivers there are a bunch of Achilies Smith, Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Matt Leinhart, Brady Quinn, JP Losman type QB's out there.

Granted the Bills need a franchise QB and a whole bunch of other positions as well. If the Bills don't get some serious pass rushers that can put constant pressure on Brady, we're never gonna beat the Pats as long as Brady is in a Pats uniform.

My I'm getting sick of getting pushed around like a shopping cart Free agency and Draft

Draft

1. Fairley 3-4 DE

2. Courtney Upshaw ILB

3. Aarons Williams CB

4. Kenrick Ellis NT

4. Don'ta Hightower ILB

5. Phil Taylor NT

Free agency

Lamarr Woodley OLB

Paul Solia NT

Jeremy Trueblood ROT

Controversial Trade Kyle Williams DT to Chicago for Greg Olsen TE- I expect hate on this

Starting Dline Carrington LDE, Solia NT, Fairley RDE

Starting LBs Woodley LOLB, Upshaw ILB, Moats ILB, Merrimen ROLB

If you switch Aarons Williams for Dontay Moch and Kenrick Ellis for Wayne Daniels. I would love this.

If we got LaMarr Woodley I would be the happiest Bills fan in the world.

Even though I love Kyle, he is an awkward fit for a full time 3-4, and Greg Olsen is an awkward fit for a Mike Martz offense so it kinda makes sense.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I consider myself part of the team. I mean i buy there merchindise, support em, pay 200 so odd dollars every year for the NFL ticket to watch them lose so i would say I am a part of the team....I think most fans would.

nuff said!....even though you still didnt say why fitz isnt your fanchise qb!?

Edited by JPCinTULLY

we trade our first, second and first next year if Luck comes out and draft:

3. Luke Stocker Tennessee 6'6" 255 TE dude can catch and block, looks like Gronkowski

4. Reily Rieff Iowa 6'6" 300 LOT

4. Don'ta Hightower Alabama 6'5" 250 ILB

5. Phil Taylor Baylor 6'4" 355 NT

6. John Moffitt Wisconsin 6'5" 323 OG

7. Vince Browne North Western 6'5" 265 OLB

I will poop my pants and the drink champange....