with the 3rd pick in the NFL Draft.....

papazoid

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Luck comes out the Bills should break the bank and try to get him. It's been since '96 since this team had a franchise QB. Long overdue!! I know there are plenty of needs but I say a QB should be numero UNO!

i'm with ya....i would trade anything for him.

If Luck comes out the Bills should break the bank and try to get him. It's been since '96 since this team had a franchise QB. Long overdue!! I know there are plenty of needs but I say a QB should be numero UNO!

Luck has been turned into something he is not. He is a better prospect than Mallet or Newton but not by a significant enough degree to pull a Ricky Williams.

Nick Fairely or Marcell Dareaus will be a great edition to the Bills and will lead to more wins in the short team over a young QB.

your the same guy that selected Whitner over Ngata

Luck has been turned into something he is not. He is a better prospect than Mallet or Newton but not by a significant enough degree to pull a Ricky Williams.

Nick Fairely or Marcell Dareaus will be a great edition to the Bills and will lead to more wins in the short team over a young QB.

Plus he has ONLY playe 2 years of College ball against very suspect opponents. No thank you keep Luck I prefer fixing the damn D

many are saying he his the best QB prospect in years. IF thats true then he is worth making a move for.

To get the number one overall. Swap first rounders with the Panthers throw in Lee evans and next years 3rd. That should be enough...Throw Maybin in too. That is plenty.

That is not even close to plenty. Lee Evans is just about worthless in a trade due to the number of impending free agent WRs this offseason, and next years 3rd would carry the weight of a 4th this year. According to chart they'd have to give up 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

To get the number one overall. Swap first rounders with the Panthers throw in Lee evans and next years 3rd. That should be enough...Throw Maybin in too. That is plenty.

I would love to see the expression of the Panthers war-room w/ this proposal. Sorry dude, it will take a lot more than this. Especially when another man's trash is another man's trash...

Oh yeah, Bowers.

Edited by stony

i'm with ya....i would trade anything for him.

Anybody that watched the Bills the past two weeks has to agree with you too. Our QB situation is miserable at best.

I say give them our first round pick, Spiller and Stevie "Stonehands" Johnson.

Here we go again with the QB 1st round talk. Behind this O line with no supporting defense a 1st round QB will be a bust. Period.

ive said it several times, 1st round QBs get teams to super bowls and win them.

this team will never seriously compete for that goal until they have a better QB.

Assuming Luck declares he will go #1. Nick Fairly or Da'Quan Bowers would be the pick. Either one would be someone to build the D around.

I'd offer the #1 and the #2 to Carolina to get Luck. (The price Atlanta traded up to get Vick in 2001, so it could happen).

Edited by Flatlander

the team has a franchise qb...fitz proved it today by not being in there!(with an assit from brohm by being in there) ..he makes all around him better..he has guts,brains and one hell of a beard!

many are saying he his the best QB prospect in years. IF thats true then he is worth making a move for.

Think about that for two seconds.

A team that has tons of needs with tons of great talent in the 2nd and 3rd round in this year's draft, you decide to trade up to get an incrementally better prospect than the other QB prospects in the draft.

That would be an idea that would set your franchise back.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Brohm put up huge numbers in Petrino's QB friendly system. Mallett has put up huge numbers in Petrino's QB friendly system. See where I'm going with this?

You're saying Brohm is our franchise QB, right?!?

IF that is true Carolina knows it too and will not trade for anything we have.

Yeah, it sucks, but today should be the last of the 'draft Luck' talk. If he comes out, he goes #1 no matter what. No team trades away it's first pick if it has a prospect the media has wet themselves over as much as him.

ive said it several times, 1st round QBs get teams to super bowls and win them.

this team will never seriously compete for that goal until they have a better QB.

Looking at the previous decade,

5 Super Bowls were won by 4 1st round QBs:

Rothlesburgher x2

Manning the Elder

Manning the Younger

Trent Dilfer (but not for the team that drafted him)

The rest were won by a 2nd (Brees), a 9th (Brad Johnson), and 3 by a 6th rounder (whose name I shall not utter). Brees and Johnson won their Super Bowls for teams that did not draft them

Edited by /dev/null

Think about that for two seconds.

A team that has tons of needs with tons of great talent in the 2nd and 3rd round in this year's draft, you decide to trade up to get an incrementally better prospect than the other QB prospects in the draft.

That would be an idea that would set your franchise back.

re read the post....if hes the best in years he sets your franchise at the most important position on the field.

If that is true, we'll find out when he returns to Stanford and leads them to a national title next season.

And - if that is true - get ready for another season of, " We need to lose every game so we can draft Andy Luck! "

Here we go again with the QB 1st round talk. Behind this O line with no supporting defense a 1st round QB will be a bust. Period.

OK let's keep Fitz again and be 5-11 next year. We need a franchise QB already! We could've had Vick playing for us right now remember when he was a FA, but you probably wanted Trent instead right? If we don't get a franchise QB we're going to suck for another 11 years guys "COME ON MAN".

Looking at the previous decade,

5 Super Bowls were won by 4 1st round QBs:

Rothlesburgher x2

Manning the Elder

Manning the Younger

Trent Dilfer (but not for the team that drafted him)

The rest were won by a 2nd (Brees), a 9th (Brad Johnson), and 3 by a 6th rounder (whose name I shall not utter). Brees and Johnson won their Super Bowls for teams that did not draft them

go back and look further, find a super bowl since 1983 or 1984 that did not have at least one 1st round QB, yea others get there and win it, but theres almost always a premier 1st round QB.

If that is true, we'll find out when he returns to Stanford and leads them to a national title next season.

And - if that is true - get ready for another season of, " We need to lose every game so we can draft Andy Luck! "

They wont win a national title, Harbaugh is likely gone and they didnt have the other pieces anyway. we all know you think luck will stay in but you also said Leach was bound for maryland since he was their guy.

if he was my son...i would tell him to come out....

- he might avoid a rookie wage scale in 2012

- even if there is a lockout in 2011, he wouldn't get paid by going back to school either.

please

the price will be this year 1 and 2 and next years 1 . Not that they would trade it anyway

According to ESPN.com, Denver's opponents have a .516 winning percentage in 2010, while the Bills' opponents have a .578 percentage and Cincinnati's opponents a .582 percentage. That means Denver will pick second, the Bills will pick third, and the Bengals will pick fourth.

re read the post....if hes the best in years he sets your franchise at the most important position on the field.

I don't think you thought about that.

You're not drafting from every QB in the NFL "in years".

You're drafting from the 2011 draft class.

So you get a 98 draft grade with Luck. But you could get a 93 with Newton or a 92 with Mallet.

Is it really worth paying the huge cost to trade up?

According to the draft value chart it would take the Bills 1st,2nd and 3rd round pick to get the #1.

If I'm Carolina I take that deal all day long and laugh my way to the playoffs. While Luck struggles on a team with no defense and a leaky right side of the O-line with no depth.

Remember Nix was involved in the receiving end of the Eli Manning\Philip Rivers. I think most would agree San Diego got the better part of that deal.

The Giants won the Super Bowl because of the D-Line and that crazy helmet catch not Eli.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670

BTW "best in years" has no concrete meaning.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Put me in the we need a franchise QB camp........Mark Gaughan said today in the paper that the Dolphins big mistake was taking Jake Long over Matt Ryan. Long is a Pro Bowler who will be great for a decade, yet getting the franchise QB is much more important. The Fins are still floundering and the Falcons are the #1 seed.