with the 3rd pick in the NFL Draft.....

papazoid

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing about Fitz says Franchise QB...nothing...He's gritty and gutty no doubt...He's a decent stop-gap and a hell of a good #2 QB and teammate...But saying Fitz is a Franchise QB makes me wonder if you've ever seen a Franchise QB over the course of an entire Season...Becasue Fitz is not even in the same league as Peyton, Rivers, Brees, and the like...He's just not at that level... B-)

True... he's a very solid #2, but... do we take Newton? I'm not sold on him as a Pro QB, and he'll take a few years to develop... Same with Mallet. We need help on D NOW!

That's funny i read a post that did some research and since 1999 there are only i think it was 4 or 5 first round QB's playing in the NFL today the rest are 2nd round picks or later .

You/they must mean 2009. Of course there were only 5 QBs drafted in the first round since 2009. Bradford, Tebow, Stafford, Sanchez, and Freeman.

Here we go again with the QB 1st round talk. Behind this O line with no supporting defense a 1st round QB will be a bust. Period.

...with a _efense that gives up 200 yards per game and allows the opposition 35 minutes T.O.P. .If the QB is Peyton Manning-ish, you take him no matter what because next year's top QB might be Vince Young-ish. But out side of that, taking a QB will get the current regime fired speedy quick.

That is not even close to plenty. Lee Evans is just about worthless in a trade due to the number of impending free agent WRs this offseason, and next years 3rd would carry the weight of a 4th this year. According to chart they'd have to give up 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670

I'm not ready to part with our 1st, 2nd and 3rd in this draft to move up 2 slots. This team will not be a playoff team in 2011 because we have too many holes to fill in one off-season. Our first 3 picks should be starters this year. Why replace a decent NFL quarterback (Fitz) with a great(but unproven?) quarterback and leave 2 other holes to fill? Unless Luck is "Peyton Manning - can't miss" quality, I'm not ready to give up that much this year.

The Panthers wouldn't trade Luck for the Bills entire draft. It's a QB league.

With Luck unavailable, with no offensive tackle projected to be top 5, and with no d-linemen that fit the 3-4 scheme, the Bills should trade down.

I'm hoping an offensive tackle emerges, though.

We need someone with star power. Someone to fill the stands with paying customers. Last season the ploy was to bring in Terrell Owens. Oops! Well this year we sizzled by taking Spiller. Oops! Then the braintrust realized what we all knew: you don't need three good running backs, so we traded away Lynch and gained nothing. So which will it be this year: a "name" free agent or a glitzy pick at a position where we are already covered? Are there any Sebastion Janikowskis out there? We could use a second good punter.

No.

Did Tedford coach all of these guys, why yes he did. Try the google boys, its amazing what you'll learn. From his wiki page:

Tedford coached each of the following first round NFL draft picks at the quarterback position:

Fresno State

Trent Dilfer 6th overall 1994, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

David Carr 1st overall 2002, Houston Texans

Oregon

Akili Smith 3rd overall 1999, Cincinnati Bengals

Joey Harrington 3rd overall 2002, Detroit Lions

California

Kyle Boller 19th overall 2003, Baltimore Ravens

Aaron Rodgers 24th overall 2005, Green Bay Packers

Edited by billsfan714

There has been a trade, the Buffalo Bills have traded their first round draft selection in the 2011 draft for the Minnesota Vikings first and second round draft selections in the 2011 draft. Buffalo has also acquired Minnesota's 3rd round pick in the 2012 draft. With the third pick in the 2011 NFL Entry draft the Vikings select Ryan Mallett, QB Arkansas.

With the twelve pick in the 2011 NFL entry draft, the Buffalo Bills select Ryan Kerrigan, OLB/DE Purdue.

That's funny i read a post that did some research and since 1999 there are only i think it was 4 or 5 first round QB's playing in the NFL today the rest are 2nd round picks or later .

That's not saying a bunch for 1st rounders & that's not even saying that the best QB POSSIBLEY EVER Tom Brady was taken in the 6th round of the draft .

You just have to have good scouts that can really see talent then a good coaching staff to polish them up to where they need to be .

You and everyone else please, please stop with this Brady BS. Name one other 6th round QB that even won a playoff game in the last 20 years?

I will not be just satisfied to get to the playoffs. I want the Bills to win them !!! Not saying the Bills should go QB in the first round this year as Luck will be off the board but at some point soon they are going to have to shoot for the moon and draft a QB with their first pick. First round busts my ass; how have all those second round QB's the Bills have drafted turned out !!!

There has been a trade, the Buffalo Bills have traded their first round draft selection in the 2011 draft for the Minnesota Vikings first and second round draft selections in the 2011 draft. Buffalo has also acquired Minnesota's 3rd round pick in the 2012 draft. With the third pick in the 2011 NFL Entry draft the Vikings select Ryan Mallett, QB Arkansas.

With the twelve pick in the 2011 NFL entry draft, the Buffalo Bills select Ryan Kerrigan, OLB/DE Purdue.

I would cry out of pure hate.

Look at that list. For those who kept saying picking 7-9 and getting the win today is better than picking 2-4 and losing today:

1. Buffalo - Bruce Smith, DE Virginia Tech

2. Atlanta - Bill Fralic, G Pittsburgh

3. Houston - Ray Childress, DT Texas A&M

4. Minnesota - Chris Doleman, DE Pittsburgh

5. Indianapolis - Duane Bickett, OLB Southern California

6. Detroit - Lomas Brown, T Florida

7. Green Bay - Ken Ruettgers, T Southern California

8. Tampa Bay - Ron Holmes, DE Washington

9. Philadelphia - Kevin Allen, T Indiana

Picks 2-4 went to 17 Pro Bowls. Picks 7-9 went to zero! nada! none!

You're absolutely right. Cherrypicking the 1985 draft tells us everything about how the 2011 draft will shake out. You should definitely share your careful statistical analysis with OBD and make sure they do not trade into the 7-9 picks. You should also remind them to trade for pick #86, because that is where they secured Andre Reed in 1985.

A simple yes would suffice. I just asked the question.

Well, it says it on Wikipedia... so mea culpa. ;)

Tedford was OC in Oregon from 1998 to 2001. David Carr was at Fresno St. from 1997 to 2001 (forgot he redshirted a year). So, while technically there was 1 year of overlap, saying he was a Tedford product based on 11 attempts as a freshman is ridiculous. Carr really blossomed in 2000 and 2001 under Andy Ludwig.

You're absolutely right. Cherrypicking the 1985 draft tells us everything about how the 2011 draft will shake out. You should definitely share your careful statistical analysis with OBD and make sure they do not trade into the 7-9 picks. You should also remind them to trade for pick #86, because that is where they secured Andre Reed in 1985.

I didn't cherry pick it. Somebody put a link to it in this thread, and I noticed how good those top 4 picks were. Then, I looked lower and never heard of those guys.

Sorry you didn't get your win you would be feeling so good about today.

You and everyone else please, please stop with this Brady BS. Name one other 6th round QB that even won a playoff game in the last 20 years?

I will not be just satisfied to get to the playoffs. I want the Bills to win them !!! Not saying the Bills should go QB in the first round this year as Luck will be off the board but at some point soon they are going to have to shoot for the moon and draft a QB with their first pick. First round busts my ass; how have all those second round QB's the Bills have drafted turned out !!!

I'm pretty Matt Hasselbeck was a 6th Round pick as was Mark Bulger and they've both won playoff games in the last 20 years.

I didn't cherry pick it. Somebody put a link to it in this thread, and I noticed how good those top 4 picks were. Then, I looked lower and never heard of those guys.

Sorry you didn't get your win you would be feeling so good about today.

You've never heard of Lomas Brown? Sad really that a great O-lineman doesn't get his due. Click here to learn more

Edited by The Jokeman

If Luck declares, you draft him. Otherwise Fairley sounds like a solid pick!

you trade up for luck at any price. even if it means giving up next years #1 (or more) in addition to swapping #1's this year....STOP LOOKING at next years #1 as losing something.....all your doing is FREEING UP salary cap space that can still be used on a free agent.