with the 3rd pick in the NFL Draft.....

papazoid

If Luck comes out the Bills should break the bank and try to get him. It's been since '96 since this team had a franchise QB. Long overdue!! I know there are plenty of needs but I say a QB should be numero UNO!

Carolina is NOT gonna trade this pick!

move on!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we trade our first, second and first next year if Luck comes out and draft:

3. Luke Stocker Tennessee 6'6" 255 TE dude can catch and block, looks like Gronkowski

4. Reily Rieff Iowa 6'6" 300 LOT

4. Don'ta Hightower Alabama 6'5" 250 ILB

5. Phil Taylor Baylor 6'4" 355 NT

6. John Moffitt Wisconsin 6'5" 323 OG

7. Vince Browne North Western 6'5" 265 OLB

I don't know man, its just my opionion but I'm not a huge fan of that draft nor do I think it would even be possible.

3. Luke Stocker will be around in the 5th if not the 7th

4. If Reif declares (he's a redshirt So) he might be the most talented lineman in a really crappy class. He wouldn't make it past Rd 2 if not Rd 1.

4. Don'ta Hightower is not a bad pick in that spot.

5. Phil Taylor is just fat. Terrence Cody v2.0.

6. John Moffit will be long gone by the end of Rd4 if not Rd 2 or 3. I love the pick just don't think he'll be there.

7. Vince Brown isn't going to declare a year early if he's being told he's a day 3 pick, especially if he's going in Rd 7. He'll go back for his senior year.

Edited by Stl Bills

Two different CBS Sports guys both have us taking Cam Newton with the 3rd pick.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

I've been telling everyone I know that my gut is telling me The Bills are going to take Newton...The good news for you anti-Newtonite's is that my gut is almost always wrong where Bills Draft Picks are concerned... B-)

I've been telling everyone I know that my gut is telling me The Bills are going to take Newton...The good news for you anti-Newtonite's is that my gut is almost always wrong where Bills Draft Picks are concerned... B-)

newton has a 4th quarter college QB rating of 216:

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/sites/web/sports/25740953-41/newton-auburn-game-bcs-championship.csp

I'm glad you brought that up.

I saw that before and I saw that Pat Devlin from Delaware averages a 160 QB rating.

I thought the Max QB rating was 155, Is this a new QB rating system?

Also Cam Newton > Tim Tebow.

He is Tim Tebow + NFL throwing motion - going on missionary trips to the Philippines.

So many of the Tim Tebow-ites should be jumping on the Cam bandwagon.

Edited by Why So Serious?

There are SO many reasons why gambling on Newton makes sense for The Bills...Even if you're 100% against Newton you would have to admit The Bills are in desperate need of sparking this Franchise with a big name talent...And lets be honest...Luck might be the better Prospect, but there is no bigger name in College Football this year than Cam Newton...He's bigger than life and he's plenty talented...He would bring HUGE attention to this Bills Team off the field, and I have to believe Gailey is going to think he can Coach him up plenty...In 2011 he would be the Bills version of Brad Smith...Then move into the Starting role in 2012 or 2013...Just my guess...I'm not saying that's what I want The Bills to do...I'm just saying I would totally understand if they did it... B-)

my favorite draft scenario is where we trade down twice and end up around the 20th pick...take akeem ayers there, 34=donta hightower, 44 marvin austin, 52 greg jones or casey matthews...this is assuming we don't re-sign poz and no stud ilb free agents come to us.

marvin austin, williams troupe

moats, hightower jones ayers with merriman trying to get playing time and kelsay as well. i would also sub nate potter in for one of the 2nd round picks if we don't address the rt spot in free agency.

Now that we know we're picking 3rd, my dream draft changes a bit if Mallett's in the picture (probably reverts back to my September dream draft of Mallett, Carimi, Moch, Marecic, Romeus - and I'd add Sione Fua and Alex Henery into the mix).

Without Mallett (he may not declare), I'm interested in seeing how Oregon QB Darron Thomas looks in the BCS title game Monday nite - part of any dream draft scenario could involve getting him in 2012 - and who else decides to stay in school of come out by the Jan 15 deadline.

There are SO many reasons why gambling on Newton makes sense for The Bills...Even if you're 100% against Newton you would have to admit The Bills are in desperate need of sparking this Franchise with a big name talent...And lets be honest...Luck might be the better Prospect, but there is no bigger name in College Football this year than Cam Newton...He's bigger than life and he's plenty talented...He would bring HUGE attention to this Bills Team off the field, and I have to believe Gailey is going to think he can Coach him up plenty...In 2011 he would be the Bills version of Brad Smith...Then move into the Starting role in 2012 or 2013...Just my guess...I'm not saying that's what I want The Bills to do...I'm just saying I would totally understand if they did it... B-)

Brad Smith? I had to google him just to find out who he is.

Is that serious? If so how did you miss the 40 yard option run on 3rd and 17 against us just 4 days ago?

I didn't watch the game very close. I was too busy and it was ridiculous. I did see that guy then, but I just didn't even care enough to note his name.

I didn't watch the game very close. I was too busy and it was ridiculous. I did see that guy then, but I just didn't even care enough to note his name.

Well then you must not watch a lot of College Football. Brad Smith was just OK in college I guess :rolleyes: ....

Accomplishments and honors

* First player in division 1-A history to pass for 8,000 yards and run for 4,000 yards in career

* First player in division 1-A history to pass for 2,000 yards and run for 1,000 yards in a season twice in a career

* Second player in division 1-A history to rush for 1,000 yards and pass for 2,000 yards in a season

* Fourth player in division 1-A history to score 200 points and pass for 200 points in a career

* Sixth player in division 1-A history to pass for 200 yards and rush for 200 yards in a single game (vs. Nebraska on October 22, 2005)

* Most rushing yards in division 1-A history by a freshman quarterback

* Holds school record for:

o career rushing yards

o career total yards

o most points in a game (30) and most touchdowns (5) (vs. Texas Tech on October 25, 2003)

* Holds 68 different MU, Big 12 and NCAA game, season and career records (as of 12/2005)

* 2006 Independence Bowl MVP

* 2006 Hula Bowl MVP

* 2002 1st-Team Freshman All-American by FWAA, The Sporting News, College Football News, and Rivals.com

* 2002 Honorable Mention All-American by CNNSI.com, College Football News

* 2002 and 2003 honorable mention All-Big 12 by AP

* 2002 and 2004 Honorable Mention All-Big 12 by coaches

* 2003 4th-Team All-American by College Sports Report

* 2003 3rd-Team All-Big 12 by coaches

* 2005 Draddy Trophy finalist

* 2005 Honorable Mention All-Big 12

* 2005 Davey O'Brien Award Semi-Finalist

* 2010 Pudding Pie Award

The good news is that if the Bills don't see a lot of talent differential between a guy at #3 and a guy at, say #10 - but some other team does - they might be able to pick up some picks. I see this as more of a possibility now that Luck is apparently not coming out. Everything shifts up a spot and some team will probably panic because of this.

That used to be the Bills doing the panicking, but at #3 they are sitting pretty.

There are 4 players that could all be recognized as great picks for our first round (Quinn, Dareus, Fairley, Bowers). Trade down pick up more picks.. maybe to Cleveland at 6 because of their thirst for AJ Green and he wont be there at 6.

denver could go in multiple directions.....the WR Green or one of the DB's......so bowers or fairley could still be there.

I don't think they'll draft Green, the drafted Demaryus Thomas last year in Rd 1 and Brandon Lloyd played lights out last year.

Edited by Stl Bills