with the 3rd pick in the NFL Draft.....

papazoid

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I guess I missed the Hula Bowl that year. He seems to have been honorably mentioned quite a bit, too.

Yeah well did you miss the Bills game 3 weeks ago when he torched us? Oh a lot those honorable mentions happen to be in 2002 when he was a freshman starting QB in the Big 12; you must suck if SI names you Honorable Mention All American as a freshman QB :rolleyes: . Thats cool if you don't watch College football, just don't act like you know what the hell your talking about when it comes to the draft.

Edited by Stl Bills

check out this video of DaQuan Bowers the DE from Clemson:

he is WEAK !!...a tightend was handling him. no way he's better than Fairley or Dareus.

youtube.com/watch?v=zKTEzVBDrrw

No where near Marcel.. I cant find a highlight video for him but hes been a beast and is a run-stopper. Which makes him better than fairley who is more a penetrator type, which we already have in Kyle.

here's another Dareus highlight....WOW !!

just one play, slides down the line, gets chip blocked in back by one lineman who goes onto a LB, then PANCAKES his primary blocker and puts a lick on the RB stopping him dead in his tracks:

Dareus intercepts and returns for a TD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=insLuoYsDXw&feature=related

Yeah well did you miss the Bills game 3 weeks ago when he torched us? Oh a lot those honorable mentions happen to be in 2002 when he was a freshman starting QB in the Big 12; you must suck if SI names you Honorable Mention All American as a freshman QB :rolleyes: . Thats cool if you don't watch College football, just don't act like you know what the hell your talking about when it comes to the draft.

I didn't see in that list that he got any higher than honorable mention. You do realize that if you live in Missouri you are going to have heard of him a lot more than somebody who is not in Missouri. He probably was a big deal locally. I vaguely do remember his name from way back then. But, I do have to admit I never watch Missouri football. My bad.

As for the Bills game, I already said I didn't watch that game, before you jumped in. I thought that's what you replied to originally??? Didn't you say then I guess you don't watch college football, either in reply?

When I talk about the draft, I don't talk like I've watched these guys. I usually talk about what I think the Bills need.

1. Carolina Panthers -- Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri

Quarterbacks have gone No. 1 overall eight out of the past 10 years. CAA, which represents Gabbert, has represented seven of the past eight overall No. 1 picks. Despite playing in a spread offense at Missouri, Gabbert is the top-rated quarterback and is the kind of player Carolina could sell to its fans.

2. Denver Broncos -- Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson

The Broncos need a defensive playmaker and should look at Bowers and Auburn's Nick Fairley here. It helps to get Elvis Dumervil back from a torn pectoral muscle that forced him to miss the entire 2010 season, but they need to make doubly sure they can improve their league-low sack total.

3. Buffalo Bills -- Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn

The Bills allowed over 200 yards rushing in eight games last season and getting tough in the middle should be their No. 1 priority. Fairley isn't quite Ndamukong Suh, but he could bring a Suh-like attitude to a defense that needs to be more aggressive.

4. Cincinnati Bengals -- Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama

Dareus may not be as hot a name because he's been out there as a top draft prospect for so long, but he has had a quality body of work at Alabama. Dareus had 6.5 sacks in 2009 and 4.5 sacks last season. The Bengals' defense fell from No. 4 overall in 2009 to No. 15 this season and needs an impact player on the line.

5. Arizona Cardinals -- Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU

The Cardinals might not find the quarterback they love this high up in the draft, so expect them to take the best player available, who also happens to fit a need. Arizona ranked 23rd in pass defense last season in a division in which teams can't throw the ball. Peterson would also be a dangerous return man.

6. Cleveland Browns -- A.J. Green, WR, Georgia

Hard to tell which direction they'll head until they name a head coach, but this offense desperately needs someone to worry opposing defenses.

7. San Francisco 49ers -- Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska

New coach Jim Harbaugh needs a quarterback, but he probably feels he knows the college ranks a lot better than the rest of the NFL and can wait to get a guy he can mold into a star. Just look at what he did with Josh Johnson at San Diego. The Niners allowed too many big plays last season and need a shutdown corner. Amukmara didn't have any interceptions, but primarily because no one threw at him.

8. Tennessee Titans -- Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri

The 6-foot-5, 260-pound Smith is going to blow people away at the combine and jump up the board. But he won't be just a workout wonder. He had 11.5 sacks as a freshman at Missouri, and 5.5 last season, when he missed three games with a broken leg. Longtime Titans defensive line mastermind Jim Washburn may be able to turn him into the next Jevon Kearse.

9. Dallas Cowboys -- Tyron Smith, OT, USC

Assuming the Cowboys think they can sign Nnamdi Asomugha to help solidify the secondary, they'll turn to the offensive line in the draft. Smith has a good chance to come out of the predraft process as the top offensive lineman.

10. Washington Redskins -- Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkanas

Mallett needs to work with a good coach to improve his footwork. Right now if defenses bring pressure up the middle he's in trouble. Mike Shanahan seems to like mobile quarterbacks, but could work with the strong-armed Mallett while he sits behind either Donovan McNabb or Rex Grossman. They also desperately need a receiver, but with Justin Blackmon going back to Oklahoma State, they might wait to draft a pass-catcher.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andrew_perloff/01/12/mock-draft/index.html#ixzz1B3vAiTSn

I've watched games and video of Bowers, Quinn, Dareus, and Fairley, not to mention Von Miller. I absolutely love that Buffalo will have a shot at, at least, one of these studs. Bowers and Quinn look great to me. Bowers, I think, could stay at 3-4 DE. Quinn, paired opposite Merriman or Moats - yeah! And, of course, Fairley would be perfect for us switching between 3-4 and 4-3 looks, as he could be DE in both. Dareus, too, at the least, would be solid and good for years to come. I'll take any of them and be happy. And, there are other guys at the top of this draft who will be solid DT's and DE's, too. I think it's Aldin Smith? who is projected top 12 prospect at DE. There is that other guy, along with Quinn, a DT, who got suspended and who will be 1st round material. I think we can really stock up in this draft on 3-4 front seven talent.

check out the 3rd best D-lineman in draft...Adrian Clayborn (iowa).....Fairley is #1 and Dareus #2.

youtube.com/watch?v=kNpMdwtbLv0

He actually reminds me a lot of Tyson Jackson who the Chiefs drafted 3rd overall in 2009.

I would not want Clayborn at #3…even though he looks like a player who after a little seasoning would eventually become an excellent 5-technique 3-4 end, like Jackson did this year.

Clayborn looks a bit robotic and stiff, but has a nice deliberate relentlessness, kind of like a flesh-eating zombie.

He's certainly not fluid, nor does he break down on his tackles well, but a great diamond in the rough, IMO.

Robert Quinn is better than Da'Quan Bowers:

just as quick...but STRONGER...also stops and cuts better(LB skill)

here he is matched up against a quality LT and fellow first rounder Anthony Costanzo:

youtube.com/watch?v=kqJrjwjf55c

Aldon Smith is just as good as Bowers and could possibly be around in Rd 2.....although that Mock you posted from SI has him going at #8. I think he's going to blow up the combine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSG8ETv7_ts&feature=related

Edited by Stl Bills

Aldon Smith is just as good as Bowers and could possibly be around in Rd 2.....although that Mock you posted from SI has him going at #8. I think he's going to blow up the combine.

Aldon Smith...nice player...great rip/swim moves and quick.....a bit undersized for my tastes....i'm partial to 290-300+ lb power guys.

Edited by papazoid

i know this will keep changing....McShays updated Mock 2.0 :

Carolina Panthers

Record: 2-14

Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson. The Panthers made no secret of the fact that they would draft Stanford QB Andrew Luck if he were available, but with Luck off the board they turn their attention to their need for a pass-rusher. Bowers is the best available with his explosiveness, and he also has the strength to hold the edge against the run.

Denver Broncos

Record: 4-12

Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn. Denver needs to overhaul its defensive front, and while new coach John Fox has not yet named a defensive coordinator, Fairley has the versatility to play in a 3-4 or 4-3 front. Fairley is quick, disruptive and plays with an edge, and he could not be blocked by one man during the college season.

Buffalo Bills

Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri. The Bills are in need of a franchise quarterback, and with Luck not on the board, Gabbert is the best available signal-caller. He has the physical tools and football smarts to become a very good NFL QB once he makes the full transition to a pro-style offense.

Cincinnati Bengals

A.J. Green, WR, Georgia. The Bengals need to find the heir apparent to Carson Palmer at some point but won't find him in this scenario. With Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco likely on their way out of town, Green would be an ideal replacement. He is very smooth for his size and plays the ball better than any receiver in the 2011 class.

Arizona Cardinals

Record: 5-11

Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU. Another team with a quarterback need but no signal-caller worthy of its pick available, the Cardinals turn their attention to their next-biggest need. Peterson has a freakish combination of size and athleticism, plays the ball well and can also contribute in the return game.

i know this will keep changing....McShays updated Mock 2.0 :

Carolina Panthers

Record: 2-14

Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson. The Panthers made no secret of the fact that they would draft Stanford QB Andrew Luck if he were available, but with Luck off the board they turn their attention to their need for a pass-rusher. Bowers is the best available with his explosiveness, and he also has the strength to hold the edge against the run.

Denver Broncos

Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn. Denver needs to overhaul its defensive front, and while new coach John Fox has not yet named a defensive coordinator, Fairley has the versatility to play in a 3-4 or 4-3 front. Fairley is quick, disruptive and plays with an edge, and he could not be blocked by one man during the college season.

Buffalo Bills

Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri. The Bills are in need of a franchise quarterback, and with Luck not on the board, Gabbert is the best available signal-caller. He has the physical tools and football smarts to become a very good NFL QB once he makes the full transition to a pro-style offense.

Cincinnati Bengals

A.J. Green, WR, Georgia. The Bengals need to find the heir apparent to Carson Palmer at some point but won't find him in this scenario. With Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco likely on their way out of town, Green would be an ideal replacement. He is very smooth for his size and plays the ball better than any receiver in the 2011 class.

Arizona Cardinals

Record: 5-11

Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU. Another team with a quarterback need but no signal-caller worthy of its pick available, the Cardinals turn their attention to their next-biggest need. Peterson has a freakish combination of size and athleticism, plays the ball well and can also contribute in the return game.

Mocks from McShay should be ignored. He lost what little credibility he had when his projected 1st rounder Andre Woodson fell to round 6 or 7. Then he had Jevon Snead highly rated last year. He went undrafted and is in Arena Football League now. He has no NFL insider connections.