is alex carrington

Outplaying COLT MCCOY?

I hate our front office.

This team will suck until we have better decionmakers on the phones on draft day.

Yes he is out playing carrington, but its to early to tell. Wait three years and then we will discuss who was the better pick. I agree with the last sentence.

Edited by b stein 22

I didn't see McCoy today or all season for that matter but he stunk in college and had a great team at Texas surrounding him. Every time I watched him play I was like no thank you and would have flipped if we drafted him (like I did when we drafted Spiller). We definitely need to make Better draft picks, I like nix but I think they picked too many small school guys who also had to change positions. I'm all for the small school steal but not half your draft, it is just too much hope and work to get them all to be good.

He was amazing rushing for almost 200 yards and 2 TDs. O wait, he was amazing turning the ball over three times. O wait, he was amazing throwing those 0TDs today.

YES AMAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG

He was amazing rushing for almost 200 yards and 2 TDs. O wait, he was amazing turning the ball over three times. O wait, he was amazing throwing those 0TDs today.

YES AMAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG

What are you talking about? He had zero turnovers.

Other then the fact that they were both taken in the same round that is where it stops....

- One is being given an opportunity to play one is not

- Stroud is probably gone after this year

- We are drafting for the future NOT FOR THIS YEAR

- Carrington is considered very raw with a very high ceiling

- Remember the 3 year rule

Outplaying COLT MCCOY?

I hate our front office.

This team will suck until we have better decionmakers on the phones on draft day.

I don't know the answer to this question until Chan gives Carrington a shot at playing QB. We haven't seen Carrington start at QB yet, so how can you possibly say that McCoy is outplaying him? Come on Chan, start Alex Carrington at QB so this question can be answered!

Here's a real question: Is Colt McCoy doing anything Trent Edwards didn't do as a rookie? Cleveland got all hopped up years ago when Eric Zeier was a rookie. Tampa had that with Shaun King, we had it with Edwards. Rookie QBs can't be evaluated this early in their careers.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

I'm sure McCoy is doing a decent job for a Rook, but Cleveland's defense is Legit folks. You'll see when they come to RWS in a few weeks. Teams are having trouble moving the ball on them and when they do, the Browns are stripping it and scoring on D.

Outplaying COLT MCCOY?

I hate our front office.

Don't you love it. The 2010 Draft has to be hands down our worst draft in Bills history. Not a single starter in the bunch. Not one impact player to come out of it. Ridiculous. Even Marv did a better job. MARV LEVY!!!!!! Wow talk about bad upper management. Why is Modrak still here?

Other then the fact that they were both taken in the same round that is where it stops....

- One is being given an opportunity to play one is not

- Stroud is probably gone after this year

- We are drafting for the future NOT FOR THIS YEAR

- Carrington is considered very raw with a very high ceiling

- Remember the 3 year rule

John I agree but why is this guy a scrathc each week when Stroud is not playing well? Why not put him in and see what the guy has ya cant develop sitting in the press box.

Please explain to me why if Colt McCoy was so awesome why did he fall to third round and not get a chance to start until the middle of the season? I'm just saying that his awesomeness was not so obvious to other NFL front offices either. Then again the posters here are usually smarter than them.

PTR

Can Alex Carrington play any worse than Marcus Stroud? It's almost impossible.

Yes, he can. The only time I saw him on the field this year (Jax?), he stood up straight after every snap. There is nothing worse than for a defensive lineman to stand upright immediately. You lose all leverage and easily can get pushed around. The guy doesn't look anywhere near NFL-ready. And oh yeah, the Patriots drafted Aaron Hernandez one round later. I've forgotten what a TE looks like...

Yes, he can. The only time I saw him on the field this year (Jax?), he stood up straight after every snap. There is nothing worse than for a defensive lineman to stand upright immediately. You lose all leverage and easily can get pushed around. The guy doesn't look anywhere near NFL-ready. And oh yeah, the Patriots drafted Aaron Hernandez one round later. I've forgotten what a TE looks like...

Hernandez was a steal. His hands and circus catches added a good 5 or 6 % to tebows completion percentage. I was very unhappy NE got him.

I didn't see McCoy today or all season for that matter but he stunk in college and had a great team at Texas surrounding him. Every time I watched him play I was like no thank you and would have flipped if we drafted him (like I did when we drafted Spiller). We definitely need to make Better draft picks, I like nix but I think they picked too many small school guys who also had to change positions. I'm all for the small school steal but not half your draft, it is just too much hope and work to get them all to be good.

What the hell are u talking about? He has the most wins for a qb in college history! And he played very well yesterday!

Colt McCoy is going to be the next Drew Breeze! Said this before, we gotta be patient! Our rookies will come through for us in time because it takes time for them to develope!

Just remember the game plan! 2 to 3years and we will be in it! And I believe we will be in it every year from there on! Look at the chargers game plan! That's what nix is doing! Now where are the chargers every year??!! EXACTLY!!!

John I agree but why is this guy a scrathc each week when Stroud is not playing well? Why not put him in and see what the guy has ya cant develop sitting in the press box.

Most rookies play little in their first year. That is how they usually develop them. Having them in every snap can actually do more damage than good. If carrington is not in there, then he probably has more learning to do. He already played a little bit, and he was less than steller. So he obviously needs to learn more before he is ready to start a game.

He stunk in college? He holds the record for the most TD passes by a Frosh and for careers wins.....

Maybe he doesnt have much of an NFL arm, but he is a very smart player which is whats most important.

What are you talking about McCoy was the highest scoring QB in college history i believe (could be wrong) it was just his size that teams didn't care for but then again he is about the same size as Drew Brees . Hey i'll take that production all day !!

I don't understand why Carrington isn't on the field more this guy was a monster in college & i think would totally give Stroud a run for his job , but i'm just a fan , hopefully Chan will get him in the mix & won't let him go like they did Ellis !!!

As far as small school players 2 of the Bills best players(past & present) came from small schools , Fred "action" Jackson & Andre Reed . If we can get players like that then i say keep going to the well as long as we have the right people pulling up the bucket when we get to the well !!

Edited by T master

Yes, he can.  The only time I saw him on the field this year (Jax?), he stood up straight after every snap.  There is nothing worse than for a defensive lineman to stand upright immediately.  You lose all leverage and easily can get pushed around.  The guy doesn't look anywhere near NFL-ready.  And oh yeah, the Patriots drafted Aaron Hernandez one round later.  I've forgotten what a TE looks like...

The Pats also drafted Cunningham and Brandon Spikes from UF- both who would be lightyears better than what we have at pass rusher and LB

pays for your head talent evaluator to develop a relationship with college coaches at major programs