So splain' this to me.

DarthICE

We fire the worst Head coach in recent NFL history. The guy takes us 7-9, 7-9, and 7-9. All of this done with flat our morons leading our drafts and Free agency. Ralph Brings in Nix (a football guy....) and Gailey (remember Jerry Jones regrets letting him go....) and this team is WORSE! It isn't just the 0-8 record, but even Ray Charles can see this team is worse on the field.

Our 'football man's" Draft has netted a part time player with the 9th overall pick being paid good money, a so so DT and then....nothing else. Ralph says 3 more years? Uh why? Why should a 7-9 x3 time team take a light year step BACK then take 3 years to become a competitior? Bottom line,it shouldn't.

Well folks better pray that Nix can nail the #1 pick and get our Franchise QB in here then somehow, someway draft a hell of a lot better than he did this year to get talent around him. Pray even harder that if the CBA is fixed, he can find some freeagents worth a damn or it will be more of the same next year.

But hey, Merriman is on his way, that means wins right?

First off, the ' goes in place of the letters taken out of the word, so it would be " 'splain this to me. "

In any case, if you can't figure it out, maybe you don't know as much as you think you do.

1. New offense

2. New defense

3. New coaching staff

That should give you enough to start considering.

Let me fix that:

1. New (less talented) offense

2. New (less talented) defense

3. New coaching staff (who, along with the-)

4. New GM (is responsible for the less talented offense and defense, leading to an 0-8 record)

How do we have a less talented offense. Without the games that TRent sucked our offense is so much better then last year.

First off, the ' goes in place of the letters taken out of the word, so it would be " 'splain this to me. "

In any case, if you can't figure it out, maybe you don't know as much as you think you do.

1. New offense (Excuse)

2. New defense (Excuse)

3. New coaching staff (excuse)

That should give you enough to start considering.

So, we'd be 4-4 if we had kept Edwards? :unsure:

Possibly. Maybe we'd be 4-4 if Brohm was playing. All I know is Fitz is horribly inaccurate and he's even worse when he has a chance to win or tie a game. NE - 2 costly INTs late, Baltimore - Costly INT late, KC - costly INT late, Chicago - 2 costly INTs late. I don't know about you, but I see a pattern.

Edited by Rayzer32

We fire the worst Head coach in recent NFL history. The guy takes us 7-9, 7-9, and 7-9. All of this done with flat our morons leading our drafts and Free agency. Ralph Brings in Nix (a football guy....) and Gailey (remember Jerry Jones regrets letting him go....) and this team is WORSE! It isn't just the 0-8 record, but even Ray Charles can see this team is worse on the field.

Our 'football man's" Draft has netted a part time player with the 9th overall pick being paid good money, a so so DT and then....nothing else. Ralph says 3 more years? Uh why? Why should a 7-9 x3 time team take a light year step BACK then take 3 years to become a competitior? Bottom line,it shouldn't.

Well folks better pray that Nix can nail the #1 pick and get our Franchise QB in here then somehow, someway draft a hell of a lot better than he did this year to get talent around him. Pray even harder that if the CBA is fixed, he can find some freeagents worth a damn or it will be more of the same next year.

Why don't you just go visit the Seattle and Jacksonville boards and continue your bitching there? You're constant slamming of the Bills really doesn't make you look like a fan of this team anyways.

It isn't just the 0-8 record, but even Ray Charles can see this team is worse on the field.

Interesting. I was just going to say the team actually looks better than any bills team over the last few years, and it's funny how the team in 0-8. Fitzpatrick is the primary reason we have an offense. I can only imagine how miserable we would look with Edwards :sick: .

These last 4 losses have been tough, but we are knocking on the door consistently. We play tough game in and game out, that's the difference I see. I'm more optimistic now than I was at any point during the Jauron era, yet here we are at 0 and 8.

EDIT:

I see an 0-8 record with pretty much the same team for the last 3 years.

Really? The same team of the last three years? I haven't seen an offense like this in Buffalo in who knows how long

Edited by NickelCity

Interesting. I was just going to say the team actually looks better than any bills team over the last few years, and it's funny how the team in 0-8. Fitzpatrick is the primary reason we have an offense. I can only imagine how miserable we would look with Edwards :sick: .

These last 4 losses have been tough, but we are knocking on the door consistently. We play tough game in and game out, that's the difference I see. I'm more optimistic now than I was at any point during the Jauron era, yet here we are at 0 and 8.

EDIT:

Really? The same team of the last three years? I haven't seen an offense like this in Buffalo in who knows how long

+1

All I know is that Fitzpatrick is 4-10 as a starter.

Losman was 3-11 in his first 14 starts.

Edwards was 9-5 in his first 14 starts.

Holcomb was 4-4 in all of his Bills starts.

So why is Fitzpatrick being considered good by anyone.

I agree Ice. I don't understand all the love for Gailey. I see an 0-8 record with pretty much the same team for the last 3 years. Gailey along with Edwards are in over there heads. I know I will get bashed for saying this, but 0-8 speaks for itself.

Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 his first year, it takes time. When Gailey got here they were changing the whole defense around Dickie J could use the same guys in his D without any drop off, Gailey can't. They have made obvious improvements the last 3 weeks and it won't be long before our first win. We won't win much this year but down the road we will be a championship team.

All I know is that Fitzpatrick is 4-10 as a starter.

Losman was 3-11 in his first 14 starts.

Edwards was 9-5 in his first 14 starts.

Holcomb was 4-4 in all of his Bills starts.

So why is Fitzpatrick being considered good by anyone.

Rose colored glasses are a big seller in Buffalo.

Fitzpatrick is to blame 100% for 4 loses himself. Mr. INT when the game is on the line. He blows!

I've supported Fitzpatrick, but his critical mistakes can no longer be ignored. The team is just not good enough to overcome mistakes. The only way this team wins a game is to play mistake-free football -- and that is just about impossible -- even for good teams.

Possibly. Maybe we'd be 4-4 if Brohm was playing. All I know is Fitz is horribly inaccurate and he's even worse when he has a chance to win or tie a game. NE - 2 costly INTs late, Baltimore - Costly INT late, KC - costly INT late, Chicago - 2 costly INTs late. I don't know about you, but I see a pattern.

That's the key phrase. With Trent, we NEVER had a chance to win or tie.

Why don't you just go visit the Seattle and Jacksonville boards and continue your bitching there? You're constant slamming of the Bills really doesn't make you look like a fan of this team anyways.

Why dont you and the rest of the homers go bite my ass? YOU guys are the reason this team sucks. You keep feeding Ralphs pockets while he keeps putting **** on the field. Cheap? Hell yeah, want to know why he is cheap? Because players salaries are paid with the TV contracts, Coaches and front office contracts are paid out of the owners profit.

At some point we are going to have to clear out the entire front office and find an owner willing to pay the money to get a good front office and coaching staff in here. Pray Nix doesn't !@#$ up the first over all pick that way whomever the staff is after Ralph dies, has a QB to build on.

I don't get it...it seems pretty clear to me.

Gailey is an offensive-minded coach, and our offense is improved. We are making big plays, our receivers are involved, and we're competitive in these games.

The problem is that we have a fuktard running the defense and we have a scheme that caused a bunch of players to be playing out of their natural (and best) positions, and one that doesn't have the right players in place to run effectively.

We also have a QB who has a lot of positives, but who is snake-bit in the 4th quarter and often does boneheaded things to take us out of position to win the game (after just getting us IN position to win the game :wallbash: )

We need to fix the defense and find a QB who plays mistake-free ball in the 4th quarter. Get that done, and we're in good shape.

Fitzpatrick is to blame 100% for 4 loses himself. Mr. INT when the game is on the line. He blows!

More than a bit strong, yet he has heavily contributed to 4 losses, yes.

Oh, stop it. :doh:

See above.....

Ridiculous response as no one even thought this, let alone did anyone infer it.

I don't get it...it seems pretty clear to me.

Gailey is an offensive-minded coach, and our offense is improved. We are making big plays, our receivers are involved, and we're competitive in these games.

The problem is that we have a fuktard running the defense and we have a scheme that caused a bunch of players to be playing out of their natural (and best) positions, and one that doesn't have the right players in place to run effectively.

We also have a QB who has a lot of positives, but who is snake-bit in the 4th quarter and often does boneheaded things to take us out of position to win the game (after just getting us IN position to win the game :wallbash: )

We need to fix the defense and find a QB who plays mistake-free ball in the 4th quarter. Get that done, and we're in good shape.

Agree completely and just wanted to add that said fuktard also decided to shift back to the 4-3 instead of sticking with one defensive plan. So as bad as our talent is on defense, they also spend time trying to figure out what they're supposed to be doing. Saw more than one play today where Puz was trying to get players lined up correctly.

I don't always agree with you Darth, but that line was a good one. I laughed out loud at that.

Defenses win games... That is why even know the Bills seem to "look better" they are 0-8.

Strange because I am more optimistic about BFLO success than I have been in years. The wins will come in a flurry. You don't go from mediocrity to great. You go from bad to great. Seems at the mediocre level, things never change.

For some strange reason... I would take this team then the 7-9 teams.

The Bills were 6-10 last season, and the fact is that they weren't as good as their record. They won two games against rookie QBs, two against washed up QBs, one against the Chiefs, and one against the Colts third stringers (and a rookie QB).

The futility of the last two seasons is due to the rot in the roster caused by horrible drafts over the last decade. It's made worse by the owner's inability to hire competent, NFL-caliber front-office personnel.

Three years is a generous estimate for rebuilding. Right now, The Bills have one viable (possible) starter in the defensive front seven. Nix has already let one off-season go by without effectively filling those spots. It will probably take a couple of offseasons just to address these gaps in with the draft and free agency.

And when you consider the offensive needs at tackle, center, tight end, and quarterback, Nix would have the be the second coming of Bill Polian to make this team a playoff contender in three seasons.

Edited by jad1

+1,000,000

Just to clarify, not just for you but everyone, the +1 essentially means "me too". You're saying that you are one more person who agrees with that point. +1,000,000 would indicate that there are 1,000,000 other people with you all of whom just told you they agree with that post.

Just to clarify, not just for you but everyone, the +1 essentially means "me too". You're saying that you are one more person who agrees with that point. +1,000,000 would indicate that there are 1,000,000 other people with you all of whom just told you they agree with that post.

No.

Lolwat?

What is clear from watching the last 6 weeks is we have a gamer playing QB. Yes he will make mistakes trying at all cost to win a game ( BTW See Manning INT against Eagles ) but this is not what is killing this team. What is killing this team is the Moron at DC and the defensive play calling. Rush 2 on a crtical 3rd down and all of the blitzez come from guys already on line of scrimmage just chomping at the bit. Add to that players still trying to get into proper positions for the play calls and the ball is being snapped. Also looks like we overloaded one side or another on a blitz and forgot to make sure someone had contain on the other side. We R not losing due to the offense we are losing to the putrid turd we have on the field when the other team has the ball.

The focus of free agency, draft and changes in coaching staff MUST occur on the Defense side this year. Than we can worry about the rest.