Another departure

JohnC

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Wawrow is not a columnist, and doesn't write opinion pieces.

2. There's a difference between legitimate criticism and personal attacks.

3. The latter are prohibited in the TBD Terms of Service, which some people choose to ignore.

Over 20 has it right: why bother continuing to participate?

People do not get this. Including personal attacks in a discussion weakens your position and eventually sends people away. What's the point of talking with somebody who's just going to act childish and not try to actually engage the other person in debate.

[sarcasm]Oh wait it's the Internet and that means the most insults thrown = winner [/sarcasm]

The climate on this Board is starting to jibe with my observation of the climate at Ralph Wilson stadium. I grew up in Buffalo and always will hold it dear in my heart, but I'm starting to think that Buffalonians - at least the "active" generation of internet users and tailgaters - are a bunch of sniveling, slobbering, drunken, uneducated, entitled SOBs who deserve the horrible product that they're rabidly obsessing about. akm0404 is a perfect example of this unfortunate species - I'm guessing he's in his 20s (or younger), thinks the world owes him more than he's gotten in life, and thinks rudeness is something to be admired or emulated. It's a generational thing (a sad one), as well as a symptom of the long decline of the WNY region, which was once a breadbasket of prosperity and good schools. I don't blame JW in the least.

I don't think he is from WNY. More like New York City area.

Gee, a Canadian writing about a convert to the spandex mafia.

Queue crayonz, ten, nine, eight .....

I don't know if crayonz will respond or not. Since Wawrow is obviously slanted the article to be anti-Scott/pro McCargo I think this one slides.

The discourse at TBD and other boards has declined to a guttural level, not so different than the outside world, I suppose. It's a shame. John was a great guy and he made himself available to his readers, something that is quite rare. This episode is the glaring example of why.

PTR

One person (Chimp) who spouted an expletive was tossed from the forum. It is not an issue of not being able to handle criticisms, warranted or not. It comes down to whether a person believes that it is worth his/her time to be a participate in a forum that he/she believes has devolved down to a level that one doesn't want to associate with or waste time on.

The three people who have the most inside access to the team and other sources have all come to the same conclusion. They simply don't want to subject themselves to certain boorish behavior.

You'd think eventually we could run someone outta here without the need for an 8 page postmortem thread.

The climate on this Board is starting to jibe with my observation of the climate at Ralph Wilson stadium. I grew up in Buffalo and always will hold it dear in my heart, but I'm starting to think that Buffalonians - at least the "active" generation of internet users and tailgaters - are a bunch of sniveling, slobbering, drunken, uneducated, entitled SOBs who deserve the horrible product that they're rabidly obsessing about. akm0404 is a perfect example of this unfortunate species - I'm guessing he's in his 20s (or younger), thinks the world owes him more than he's gotten in life, and thinks rudeness is something to be admired or emulated. It's a generational thing (a sad one), as well as a symptom of the long decline of the WNY region, which was once a breadbasket of prosperity and good schools. I don't blame JW in the least.

+1 for the reason I and so many other users who used to spend great portions of our work days here (while working :blush: ) only poke in once in a while and usually leave after a few minutes. Its also the reason I, along with most ADULTS I know refuse to go to the stadium anymore.

I wish I could say it was just Buffalo, but the generation of gimme gimme folks is everywhere.

Edited by theesir