Sounds To Me That Brohm Will Be Starting Soon

BuffaloBaumer

Sure looks like he won't be the unknown factor for much longer. Sink or swim time within a few weeks-my guess-the week after the bye if we don't beat Jacksonville.

With that Mellon Fitz has, he sure will be a big target for the Jets D. I wonder how Fitz and our oline are going to survive this one...

Edited by BuffaloBaumer

Gee, I was thinking that the only reason they didn't cut him is that he already knows the playbook, and Levi Brown wasn't as good. I think if they thought he was starter material (or at least better than Fitz) they would have made him the number 2 from the start. I think they see what they have in Brohm everyday, and know he is nothing special. I think he probably isn't that great, but will get a chance to play because the Bills don't have ANY good quarterbacks on the roster.

But maybe he is Tom Brady or Kurt Warner, just waiting to take this franchise to unknown heights, and we will drown in euphoria chanting his name loudly and proudly "Brohm BRohm BROHM!

It could happen just like that you know. Prove me wrong!

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Give Brohm a chance, he deserves a shot. If he sucks, Fitz can step in. He was never given an equal shot during the preason, even though Chan said everyone did. He never played with the first string, so lets just see what he has to bring to the table. I thought he was able to move the move ball during the few quarters he played.

What have we got to lose?

This board amazes me.

We sign Fitz from another teams practice squad and he's suddenly an amzing QB who should start. We let of of Bell, who by the hype, will be a league MVP soon. Yet, we have a guy who has performed well for us the last few years and suddenly he's just a backup calibre QB? How is that everyone can determine Fitz is just a backup while Brohm is the next savior? Brohm has a long way to go before he can start.

Why do we think we're better at evaluating talent from the sidelines/tv than the coaches who are on the sidelines every practice? None of us get paid by an NFL team to evaluate talent for a reason. We are great fans - FANS.

I think they are really wanting to see what Brohm can do - when that happens, who knows.....

The willingness to release TE at minimum means they're comfortable with Brohm as a backup. Keep Fitz in there until at least mid season and let the offense continue to come together than get Brohm in there.

I'll see your Tim Couch and raise you Ryan Leaf! He was going to be better than Peyton, remember?

Akili Smith has fully healed! never got a chance.

I still like my "American Idol" style QB search. Just invite any former 1st round QB's to play a single game each, and have the season ticket holders vote at the end of the season! It would make the Bills relevant again to television, and way more interesting to the rest of the NFL fans.

Give Brohm a chance, he deserves a shot. If he sucks, Fitz can step in. He was never given an equal shot during the preason, even though Chan said everyone did. He never played with the first string, so lets just see what he has to bring to the table. I thought he was able to move the move ball during the few quarters he played.

What have we got to lose?

Why does he deserve a shot? Because he played well his junior year in college? I think Fitz is garbage and wouldn't mind seeing Brohm play but I have no expectaiton he will be anything better than Fitz/Edwards. Draft two QB's next year.

The willingness to release TE at minimum means they're comfortable with Brohm as a backup. Keep Fitz in there until at least mid season and let the offense continue to come together than get Brohm in there.

It does? I have a feeling that they aren't comfortable about any of these guys, and that all the QB's have their jobs by default. Maybe Edwards asked to be released, or they felt he was a distraction. There could be many reasons, and I don't think Brohm's presence had anything to do with it, he just happens to be 3rd string QB.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Why does he deserve a shot? Because he played well his junior year in college? I think Fitz is garbage and wouldn't mind seeing Brohm play but I have no expectaiton he will be anything better than Fitz/Edwards. Draft two QB's next year.

agree: mallett round 1

terelle pryor round 2 or 3

Let's not jump to conclusions.

But I must say that this is a sound approach.

Let's see what we have. We have these guys on the roster, let's see if any one of them can compete and get "it" done.

Then we can finally move forward as a franchise.

What we are witnessing now is the gutting of the franchise.

I say keep it coming.

Though I am really confused over reports of Kelsay being offered an extension....

Brohm is a pathetic QB. The future of the position is not currently on the team.

I think you are correct.

I wonder if the coaching staff realizes the reason Brohm has looked so good in practice is because he's been going up against the Bills' first string defense. ... Even Rob Johnson would look good in that setting.

Funny!! :rolleyes: I was thinking that when I see all the people saying lets see what he can do, but then the coaches see him every day, maybe its the competition

This board amazes me.

We sign Fitz from another teams practice squad and he's suddenly an amzing QB who should start. We let of of Bell, who by the hype, will be a league MVP soon. Yet, we have a guy who has performed well for us the last few years and suddenly he's just a backup calibre QB? How is that everyone can determine Fitz is just a backup while Brohm is the next savior? Brohm has a long way to go before he can start.

Why do we think we're better at evaluating talent from the sidelines/tv than the coaches who are on the sidelines every practice? None of us get paid by an NFL team to evaluate talent for a reason. We are great fans - FANS.

Yeah! Shut up and stop having opinions!

<_<

Edited by Assquatch