sullivan's new article

billsintaiwan

call me a TE apologist if you want, but did you see the time Brees had to deliver the ball last nite. He had an eternity to deliver the ball. If he DID feel compelled to dump the ball off it was after hed scanned the field for 4-5 secs.

We all know how this will play out. We scrape out 3 wins with Fitzpatrick as starter, despite the innumerable times hes gonna throw the ball into the dirt. He closes his eyes and chucks the ball down the field....Lee or Roscoe will catch a few of them. meh. The defense will get a little better as the season goes. We'll play hard in spurts.

For all you d-bags talking about the first overall pick next year, congratulations. You got your wish.

Maybe in time Trent would find his groove but he's damaged right now. Even when he had time he couldn't find a receiver. Heck on 4th down at the end of the game down 4 TDs he still ran the ball out of bounds rather than make a desperation heave. I mean really!?!?! What was he worried about at that point?? He's totally screwed up upstairs. He needs to take a seat.

PTR

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gailey and Nix made this team...let them live or die with it. Nine wins or out.

After one draft and one season? Come on, Nix has said time and again that they are going to build through the draft - it will take at least two years. It could be even longer if they can't land a QB in the next draft (unlikely but possibly).

What in Sullivan's article is off target I ask all of the Bills fan in denial?

Factually, where is he wrong?

Note: I was on the "Sully is a negative SOB" bandwagon all preseason. Up until everything he claimed came true and I looked like a horses ass for defending the franchise.

After one draft and one season? Come on, Nix has said time and again that they are going to build through the draft - it will take at least two years. It could be even longer if they can't land a QB in the next draft (unlikely but possibly).

What exactly have they done in one draft and one season? Get rid of some of the best players on the team (Schobel, Incognito, Owens) fail to recognize a poor quarterback who hasn't produced in all the time he has been here and fail to get a quality qb from a number of available options?(Vick, McNabb) Fail to draft (Bulaga)sign (F. Adams) or trade (Gaither) for a quality tackle? Go to a 3-4 defense when they didn't have the personnel to make it work? How does this project into a quality team this year or even next year? Their tenure has been nothing short of incompetent.

I'll admit I might be wrong. Win some games Chan and Buddy and I'll be the first to recognize some competence. Until you do...you're well on your way out the door in my book.

Note: I was on the "Sully is a negative SOB" bandwagon all preseason. Up until everything he claimed came true and I looked like a horses ass for defending the franchise.

Well its an opinion piece commenting on a change in quarterback. He uses almost no facts to support his position. In reality there arent many facts in his articles anyway, since he's just offering an opinion.

Isnt he one of the cheerleaders saying no one in the Bills' organization is accountable? well isnt losing your job being held accountable.

The great thing about Sullivan is he never aims for consistency. He wouldve criticized the Bills' for keeping Edwards in and no one being accountable, but taking him out isnt a smart move its desperation.

He is the biggest MMQB writer around, when you listen to him talk its clear the guy has never played the sport nor has he an understading of its intricacies.

He writes simple whiny articles for like minded readers.

One thing that Sully is clearly factually wrong about is the open QB competition. Gailey said all along that the competition would continue until one of the QBs distinguished himself above the others. He also said that by the start of preseason he expected to have the decision made so that the starting QB could start to have most of the reps with the starters, etc. to prepare for the season. HE NEVER SAID THE QB COMPETITION WOULD CONTINUE DURING THE PRESEASON. Had he continued the QB competition during the preseason Gailey would have been crucified by the media for not deciding in time this important position to prepare for the season. But Gailey also said all along that every position would be subject to constant reevaluation and possible changes.

So Gailey, with the QB position, did exactly what he promised to do and Sully is totally wrong that Gailey did not follow his announced plan on how he would decide on a QB.

I hope this guy finds a job writing somewhere else. I'm sick of him.

It is an "opinion" article right? So what is wrong with what he said? It is his opinion, that he happens to get paid to print. I agree with some of the stuff he said. I think Edwards should be put in there, and left in there to either figure it out or fail miserably. So what if we go 0-16, take the lumps this year and get a good draft next year. We know what we get with Fitz, and that will be another 7-9 season with the 11th to the 15th pick in the draft that will all but assure us of a franchise QB or LT that we so desperately need.

How does a reporter cover a dysfunctional organization for a decade and more and maintain one's enthusiasm for the game? I enjoy reading Allen Wilson's coverage of the Bills and other teams. There is an understatement yet clarity to his reporting. I may be over-interpreting some of his comments and video reporting but there seems to be a body language crying out in exasperation.

In his last video analysis of the game with Gaughn and Sullivan he subduely stated that it doesn't matter what scintillating backs you draft. Until you have a legitimate franchise qb and credible OL the franchise will continue to be stuck. It is apparent that he is tired of repeating the same obvious point.

As a Buffalo Bills fan I have the feeling that I have been cheated out of real entertaining NFL football. Must it not be the same for a lot of reporters covering the team?

fortunately, i get paid whether a team loses or not. but sure, it's somewhat disappointing to be covering well-trodden ground here on a team that seems to be stuck in some Groundhog Day endless loop.

that said, you still have to do your job, and that means covering with professional enthusiasm what's going on, whether it's new faces, familiar quarterback changes, lowlights and highlights or even tailgating developments.

the key is not losing an eye on what's news and the challenge is digging for the reasons as to why what's going on or not going is happening, and explaining it to people.

the story, in some ways, might not change ... but it actually does given the new personalities that enter to change the mix.

jw

What exactly have they done in one draft and one season? Get rid of some of the best players on the team (Schobel, Incognito, Owens)

Wow...they were our 3 best players? How sad is that? Incognito? Seriously? Was Schobel cut and I didn't hear about it? I thought he retired? :lol:

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

fortunately, i get paid whether a team loses or not. but sure, it's somewhat disappointing to be covering well-trodden ground here on a team that seems to be stuck in some Groundhog Day endless loop.

that said, you still have to do your job, and that means covering with professional enthusiasm what's going on, whether it's new faces, familiar quarterback changes, lowlights and highlights or even tailgating developments.

the key is not losing an eye on what's news and the challenge is digging for the reasons as to why what's going on or not going is happening, and explaining it to people.

the story, in some ways, might not change ... but it actually does given the new personalities that enter to change the mix.

jw

But Jerry rarely gets into any useful information or facts, just his dreary negative opinions. He plays the lose/lose game; he'll bash you no matter what you do. There is no right answer with Sully.

PTR

Wow...they were our 3 best players? How sad is that? Incognito? Seriously? Was Schobel cut and I didn't hear about it? I thought he retired? :lol:

PTR

Schobel was released. Then he retired after talking to the Texans.

What exactly have they done in one draft and one season? Get rid of some of the best players on the team (Schobel, Incognito, Owens) fail to recognize a poor quarterback who hasn't produced in all the time he has been here and fail to get a quality qb from a number of available options?(Vick, McNabb) Fail to draft (Bulaga)sign (F. Adams) or trade (Gaither) for a quality tackle? Go to a 3-4 defense when they didn't have the personnel to make it work? How does this project into a quality team this year or even next year? Their tenure has been nothing short of incompetent.

I'll admit I might be wrong. Win some games Chan and Buddy and I'll be the first to recognize some competence. Until you do...you're well on your way out the door in my book.

The only thing you might be correct about in my opinion is Ingcognito. He wanted a long term deal and would have had to play guard, moving Wood to center. They wanted to keep Schobel. If you keep Owens you are not progressing your many young WR's. Philly wasn't going to trade Vick. Mcnab didn't want to play here. F. Adams doesn't help you in the development of our young lineman. I think Spiller will end up being the better pro between him and Bulaga when it's all said and done. We don't know for sure if Gaither was available or if they were asking to much. Why not change to the 3-4 when you are in re-build mold. Do it now and go through the growing pains and by the way the defense although not great, is not playing awful. Green Bay will scortch any team in the NFL if they are on the field as much as they were against us. So, your argument to say Buddy and Chan are doing an incompetent job is nothing but wrong IMO. Give them time before we make that assessment. I always laugh at people who wonder why we don't go after FA's. How do you know what our front office is doing? I bet were on the phone all the time but the bottom line is players will not come to Buffalo until we turn this thing around through ther draft. That's just common sense...

Edited by offsides#76FredSmerlas

But Jerry rarely gets into any useful information or facts, just his dreary negative opinions. He plays the lose/lose game; he'll bash you no matter what you do. There is no right answer with Sully.

PTR

Yup. Jerry was once a pretty good reporter and is now just a media buffoon. It's his job to create controversy so his paper gets read and can sell ads to make a profit. His radio gig is the same...create controversy to get people to listen to either hate him or love him. So he's really no longer about sports, he's a entertainer who uses naysaying as his vehicle to get read and heard.

If Chan made no move on the QB situation, Sullivan would have B'slapped him for being stubborn and married to a loser QB. Chan benches TE and now he's indecisive and "desperate." Sully could care less about real reporting and really about sports anymore. He's a media hound who is making some good bucks p*ssing peopole off. It's his schtick. If he bothers you, do what I do. I don't read or listen to him for the most part and when I do it's with the knowledge that he is no longer a sports reporter who cares about analysis or really about the game itself.

10+ seasons of playoff less football and negative is bad? Man, which planet are some fans living on? We all want to see a winning team on the field, but it's just too much to see people saying Sullivan is negative. I guess that means most the homer fans aren't aware that losing for a decade plus is not normal.

Apparently it's required to be happy even if things aren't good. It makes the homer fan feel good to hope, even though for 10 years that hope instilled by the marketeers has never been fulfilled. Sullivan's right again, and if that makes people feel bad, so be it. Life's tough.

I thought it was a very well written.

(1) He states "makes me to wonder if he's even remotely as sharp an offensive mind as we've been led to believe." Not sure how anyone can disagree with that statement since the Bills offense is dead last in NFL. I ask what has coach Gailey done after two games?

(2) "They watched the game films. What compelled them to hand Edwards the job after he had failed miserably twice in the last two seasons? Edwards looked the part in practice and preseason, but jobs are won and lost in real games." How can one debate this statement. Then he goes on to talk about how the players rallied around Fitz last year. I can only assume Gailey's ego led him to believe he could make TE a solid NFL QB. His ego blinded him from looking at the facts. The fact is most of us knew TE didn't have it despite his preseason successs. Now, he yanks him after two games and some fans here are praising him for that. Amazing...

(3) He asks "What did the Offensive Genius figure out in two weeks that wasn't plainly evident in those old game films?" Great question and I would like to hear Gailey's response.

(4) He says "but after two games, Nix's guy is performing down to the role of befuddled fumbler, over his head in the dual roles of head coach and offensive coordinator."

Very true statement. True statement. Gailey has done little to nothing in two games. One can only counter with it's two games.

(5) Sully writes "Gailey anointed C.J. Spiller as his featured back." Then he benches him for ML. Also. he hardly uses him in the Miami game. IMHO, it appears that Gailey doesn't know how to utilize three backs effectively or better yet maybe having 3 staring RB is problematic. Either way or disagree with me, it is hard to understand what the hell Gailey is doing with CJ after two games.

(6) Lastly, he says "the guy had six months to coach 'em up and get the offense fixed. Sure did. I remember reading how this was going to happen. I remember all those delusional posts. In fact, I was even starting to believe them. It only took me two games to what up back to reality. Sully goes on to say "instead, it seems like he's making things up as he goes along." Sure does and nothing is more evident by the starting and benching of TE after two games. So much for the confidence factor...

I have to commend Sully on writing such a descriptive and accurate piece. Thanks for trying to hold this organization accountable and thanks for being blunt and honest even it is negative. Thanks for not blindly jumping on the Gailey/Nix bandwagon. I don't want to read some half truths, sugar coated articles, and fact less optimistic proproganda.

Kudos to Sully.

1.) So, the coaching staff should do nothing to change that?

2.) How about the fact the Bills wanted Bradford and would have taken him if he somehow dropped to 9th? How about the fact the Bills tried to acquire McNabb? But your right. It's all about Gailey's ego and wanting to fix Edwards.

3.)Seriously, you and Sully need this one answered for you?

How about Edwards whining under Jauron he felt he had to answer to 2-3 different people at the same time.

How about Edwards was running a Fairchild offense for 3 years, and not a Gailey offense.

Under Gailey, he is the lone man in charge. He knows exactly what the play was, the targets, the reads, etc...

Gailey can look at all the game film he wants, but he will never be 100% certain who, what, where, why, etc...

My guess, Edwards told Gailey he was constantly confused under Jauron because he had to answer to some many people, and Gailey took him at his word.

With Gailey, there is only one person to answer, and I think it became real obvious really fast that all of Edwards problems were not the result of the previous coaching staff.

4.) You and Sully are completely correct [/sarcasm].

It's obvious, there is a major problem, and something needs to be done. Pick a solution:

a) Make a change. Media blasts you as being "befuddled" and "over your head".

b) Do nothing. Media blasts you for doing nothing.

5.) Jesus H.. Gailey has already said how he planned on using Spiller right after he drafted him.

SPILLER WAS NEVER INTENDED TO BE THE FEATURE BACK.

What is it with people who fail to understand this? So why is it "shocking" or "confusing" to see Spiller used the way he has been?

6) Yep. It took years to instill "It's hard to win in the NFL" mentality, and all that can be washed away in 6 months. Except Nix/Gailey have said, and continue to say "This will NOT be fixed in one year."

And people like you are bitching because the Bills did NOT fix it all in one year.

And now the funny part:

It only took me two games to what(wake?) up back to reality.

And it only took 2 games for the coaching staff to realize a change was needed. The bastards!

I guess you would have been happier if the staff did nothing? Like Jauron used to do?

10+ seasons of playoff less football and negative is bad? Man, which planet are some fans living on? We all want to see a winning team on the field, but it's just too much to see people saying Sullivan is negative. I guess that means most the homer fans aren't aware that losing for a decade plus is not normal.

Apparently it's required to be happy even if things aren't good. It makes the homer fan feel good to hope, even though for 10 years that hope instilled by the marketeers has never been fulfilled. Sullivan's right again, and if that makes people feel bad, so be it. Life's tough.

No, the problem is both Nix and Gailey have said from the beginning and continue to say this will not be fixed in one year.

So why are people like Sully suddenly surprised to find out that it wasn't fixed in one off season?

No, the problem is both Nix and Gailey have said from the beginning and continue to say this will not be fixed in one year.

So why are people like Sully suddenly surprised to find out that it wasn't fixed in one off season?

I didn't expect it to be fixed in one year. But changing the starting RB from Week 1 to Week 2 and benching the appointed QB 2 weeks in speaks of indecisiveness. And that is is exactly what people harped on DJ for. Now, in no way am I comparing the two, but the similarity is striking.

No NFL HC is going to mail games in given the paucity of jobs available. Having said that, would it be impossible to pick the best guy at the outset? They should have known Trent was a tease, and that Fitzpatrick gave the team a better chance to win as evidenced by the final games if 2009.

No one is saying they were going to fix it in one season. I just wish they'd chart the best course and stick to it. It's getting to be chaotic.

Factually? He doesn't deal in facts. He deals in opinion.

Sullivan is a whiny little B word. He desperately seeks the negative side of every situation and tries to compose an article about it. The only "Journalist" I know who might be worse than Sullivan is Matthews in Rochester. And it is close.

This latest article is one of the worst he's ever written.

Sullivan is just reporting as he sees it. Get over it. What is he supposed to say, "The Bills are great!"

Don't kill the messenger who is entitled to his opinion. His opinions are more on the mark than the drones who think the Bills deserve more respect with positive upbeat stories. They haven't earned one ounce of respect.

What the hell is there to be upbeat about? The worst team in the league gets no respect. Period.

The Bills stink to the high heavens and a lot of "head in the sand" fans are blaming the reporters! Get a clue!

Seriously, do you understand the concept of rebuilding? This is how it works - tear it down, start over. It can't be done in one year, either, and it usually gets worse before it gets better. Why is that such a hard concept to understand? It sucks to watch it, but it is just how it works.

Sullivan is a whiny little B word. He desperately seeks the negative side of every situation and tries to compose an article about it.

Yes, much like finding a negative crack in 1990's 51-3 demolition of the Raiders, one really has to dig deep to find the negative "side" of the 2010 Bills.

Wow, two games into the season with a new head coach and new GM and we're ready to fire them already. That might be a new record!

So after spending the last 24 hours talking about how bad Edwards and the Bills are Sully now calls the change "desperation." Life in his world must be fascinating, I wonder what color the sky is?

Up goes the roller coaster.....

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

Sullivan is just reporting as he sees it. Get over it. What is he supposed to say, "The Bills are great!"

Don't kill the messenger who is entitled to his opinion. His opinions are more on the mark than the drones who think the Bills deserve more respect with positive upbeat stories. They haven't earned one ounce of respect.

What the hell is there to be upbeat about? The worst team in the league gets no respect. Period.

The Bills stink to the high heavens and a lot of "head in the sand" fans are blaming the reporters! Get a clue!

You apparently haven't read him much. He can find the negative side of winning the lottery.

"Don't kill the messenger" only applies to factual pieces. He's the messgenger of his own opinion. Educate yourself before using a hackneyed phrase.

What his opinion fails to recognize is that this is a rebuilding year. Period. This is what happens in rebuilding years. Period. This is what coaches do in rebuilding years. Period. Take your own advice and get a clue.

Sullivan is just reporting as he sees it.

Having optimism isn't having your head in the sand.

Get a clue yourself this about selling his product the News. I

It is like a radio station having a shock jock. People listen just because it plays on the emotions to listen to the butthole, when he is saying dumb "opinions" (or some semi sexist/rasist crap). :wallbash:

Sully is just doing it with the Bills, a subject which has a lot of emotion for us fans.

Because he is not a reporter but does "analysis/opinion".

I didn't expect it to be fixed in one year. But changing the starting RB from Week 1 to Week 2 and benching the appointed QB 2 weeks in speaks of indecisiveness. And that is is exactly what people harped on DJ for. Now, in no way am I comparing the two, but the similarity is striking.

No NFL HC is going to mail games in given the paucity of jobs available. Having said that, would it be impossible to pick the best guy at the outset? They should have known Trent was a tease, and that Fitzpatrick gave the team a better chance to win as evidenced by the final games if 2009.

No one is saying they were going to fix it in one season. I just wish they'd chart the best course and stick to it. It's getting to be chaotic.

I was going to reply back but after reading your post I see no need to address him. Job well done and I concur.

Wow, two games into the season with a new head coach and new GM and we're ready to fire them already. That might be a new record!

So after spending the last 24 hours talking about how bad Edwards and the Bills are Sully now calls the change "desperation." Life in his world must be fascinating, I wonder what color the sky is?

Up goes the roller coaster.....

Hey Mike, who said anything about firing Nix/Gailey. Just another one of your distorted post. Reread the posts and you will see no one said a word about firing them.

Seriously, do you understand the concept of rebuilding? This is how it works - tear it down, start over. It can't be done in one year, either, and it usually gets worse before it gets better. Why is that such a hard concept to understand? It sucks to watch it, but it is just how it works.

no no...that is not how it works. You determine where the weaknesses are, get rid of the players who can't cut it, and bring in players who can improve your team. As a result you get better, and do not get worse. Can you understand that?

Vince Lombardi in 1958 took a team that had lost all but two of twelve games. That's one win and one tie had lost all but two of its 12 games (a win & a tie), worst in Packers history. The 1959 Packers were an immediate improvement, finishing at 7–5. Rookie head coach Lombardi was named Coach of the Year.

Seems reasonable to expect some significant improvement. We have gone from middle of the pack with a lot of injuries and coaching issues at the end of last season to the worst team in football today. That doesn't speak well for rebuilding.

You apparently haven't read him much. He can find the negative side of winning the lottery.

Again, go back and read his article in the first half of the 08 season. He loved that team and those players.

Or, just ignore that I said that like everybody else has.

Edited by bbb

Nix and Gailey are not stupid. They realize that the team they currently have is an expansion level caliber team. That doesn't mean that they should just give up. Edwards is a flawed qb. His serious limitations are exposed when the real games are played. He is quite impressive in practice and preseason situations but at real-game speed he doesn't have it.

There is no doubt that Nix/Gailey realize that they don't have a franchise qb on their roster. That doesn't mean that they should give up. Sometimes shaking things up for the sake of shaking things up is the right thing to do. It certainly isn't a long term solution. They know that.

Within another couple of years the roster will have gone through a 75% turnover. There is no long term future for Lynch, Maybin, McCargo, Steve Johnson, Kelsay, Cornell Green, Stroud, Spencer Johnson, LB corps etc with this regime. The roster is going to be re-shaped. It is going to be a painful process from a win/loss standpoint. It is better to accelerate the process and take your lumps up front so that down the road things should be better a little sooner.

The reality of this franchise is that it is devoid of talent. Arguing over TE, Fitz or Brhom is a waste of effort. None of those mediocre players will be meaningful players next year or the years afterwards. The clueless owner wasted three years during the Levy/Brandon period. It set back the franchise for years. Cleaning this mess is going to take time. There is no way around it.

Here's a bulletin: Jackson and Lynch were injured. Maybe that's why Spiller started at RB and isn't now that Lynch and Jackson came back? :doh:

PTR

gailey is wishy-washy? sullivan wants to see edwards against new england again? or he doesn't? what?

the guy is like the soviet news service. same line, over and over. often right about racism in watts and not much else. i get the line that the bills are a dysfunctional franchise. the proof is unfortunately in the pudding. however this article is pure nonsense.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/jerry-sullivan/article196311.ece

I think he quotes from TSW as that has been the recurring theme for the past two weeks. No originality on his part. :thumbdown:

Sully is a mostly a complainer but sometimes he offers a great point and even some humor. I think Sully's totally misses the mark on this article because he seems to be looking to find fault with Chan Gailey no matter the situation.

What confuses me are these statements:

1. He makes a point that he considered the open competition for the QB job to be a fraud. If the competition were truly open, his opinion is that Edwards would have lost it and he may have been cut and off the team already. He stated that we knew this from last years performance when Fitz proved he was the better QB. (BTW - I think Fitz is the better of the two also.)

2. Jerry makes another point that Edwards should have been given four regular season games to prove himself. So why do we need to see Edwards play two more games? What is magical about four games especially given his first point that we already knew Edwards could not do the job?

Sounds like Jerry is gonna blast the coach no matter which way he goes.

Sully is a mostly a complainer but sometimes he offers a great point and even some humor. I think Sully's totally misses the mark on this article because he seems to be looking to find fault with Chan Gailey no matter the situation.

What confuses me are these statements:

1. He makes a point that he considered the open competition for the QB job to be a fraud. If the competition were truly open, his opinion is that Edwards would have lost it and he may have been cut and off the team already. He stated that we knew this from last years performance when Fitz proved he was the better QB. (BTW - I think Fitz is the better of the two also.)

2. Jerry makes another point that Edwards should have been given four regular season games to prove himself. So why do we need to see Edwards play two more games? What is magical about four games especially given his first point that we already knew Edwards could not do the job?

Sounds like Jerry is gonna blast the coach no matter which way he goes.

Bingo.

PTR

Bingo. I wouldn't have thought that he's featuring different players each week, but maybe it's possible. Spiller in Week 1, Lynch in Week 2 (I just assumed that was a showcase for a potential trade), and we may see more Jackson in Week 3 - he's had good games against the Pats* in the past, after all.

Hindsight being 20/20, I wouldn't be surprised if Gailey told Trent at the beginning of camp that it's his job to lose and he'd have a quick hook if he wasn't performing. Well, here you go...he's not performing and the team is searching for some offensive identity, so it's now someone else's turn.

Clay Matthews attained one of his sacks without anyone touching him. No one is going to thrive as the Buffalo QB until they hire an effective offensive line or line up an honor guard of three fullbacks to protect the passer. Trent has signs of PTSD and why not?

And I am going to have to respectfully disagree here.

On the day Spiller was drafted, Gailey stated how he wanted to use Spiller.

Spiller was NEVER intended to be the feature back.

Indecisiveness is watching your QB getting CB blitzed 29+ consecutive times and doing NOTHING to combat it.

(reference: Jauron, Jets, Revis, Edwards 2007)

Indecisiveness is watching the QB make the same obvious mistakes repeatedly and doing nothing about it.

I said it during the off season. Even the best offensive minds cannot scheme or game plan to minimize kitty.

Gailey had to learn the hard way, and it only took 2 games for him to figure it out.

So we need to blast the guy because he didn't do it sooner or should have waited until later? :wallbash:

So, scold the guy for not doing it in the off season, but at least acknowledge he reacted quickly when it became obvious to him (Gailey), and not waiting some arbitrary time frame because that's what Sully would have done.

Or worse, doing nothing at all, because that way he can be considered "decisive".

Better get used to it. It will get uglier. Expect more. Four years of "It's hard to win in the NFL" mentality will not be cleaned up by sticking with the status quo, especially when it's obvious it's not working.

IMHO, I expect more players to be benched as the season progresses as Gailey and staff attempt to weed out the loser attitude.

I thought Sully would be happy with the way the bills are playing. Isn't he the one that wanted us to bottom out?

No inconsistency with Sully. He stands by his words, but he rarely remembers what they were.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Clay Matthews attained one of his sacks without anyone touching him. No one is going to thrive as the Buffalo QB until they hire an effective offensive line or line up an honor guard of three fullbacks to protect the passer. Trent has signs of PTSD and why not?

Good point, it seems to elude most of the posters here.... and Chan Gailey

""Gailey, lacking for answers, decided to make the obvious move. Fine. It's something. But the guy had six months to coach 'em up and get the offense fixed. Instead, it seems like he's making things up as he goes along""

All I gotta say is...what happened? Where is the innovation, where is the QB improvement, where is the RB that will make the line block better....HIS WORDS!